Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Discussion Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 251

Banker-Style

Can't wait,the demo left me wanting more.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Joetherocker

I wasn't completely sold on this but THAT DEMO. There goes my $30.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

sugarpixel

So, I just finished playing the demo with my friend. I loved it! Now, I can never take any video game seriously - much less a Japanese [anime] one - so me and my friend were laughing and making fun of everything the whole time.
But the graphics were awesome, and I had a lot of fun! It looks really good with the 3D on.
At the end, I told my friend that this game was actually M rated, and he was surprised. You really couldn't tell from this demo.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

So getting this game.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Knuckles

I've downloaded the demo, but have yet to play it because I want to be just as surprised as my friend when I play through it and they watch. They don't understand why another friend of mine and I are always shouting Objection! Take That! and Hold It! at each other(All in good humor)

Does the demo have a court case in it, where Phoenix battles against a prosecutor? If it doesn't, then I'll just play through the demo myself.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Blast

ClockworkMario wrote:

A great appetizer for the actual game. I was going to buy it anyway but this just cemented my purchase.

Few things stuck out though: the vocabulary and measurements were all American even in the European demo. Sure, I can convert inches to cm in my head, but I still hope they'll localise those too to save me the trouble.
And I agree with @Blastoise-san they were trying too hard with Athenas character. Hopefully it's just in the demo, if they wanted to introduce her quickly.

On that note Athena, Apollo and Juniper Woods? What's next, Zeus Bolt?

I realized the game/demo was trying too hard to make the gamer like Athena when Athena tripped up some stairs in the demo (it was like the game was saying..."She just tripped some stairs! She's clumsy but doesn't that make her even more cool?" and then there was a moment where the game literally gave some details of Athena while she was posing and smiling at the screen.
And then... There came the court case where Thena kept popping up several seconds. I was like, "Okay, okay. I GET IT. You (the game) want me to like this girl because she offers some "comedic" value and is supposed to be appealing! Its not working as much as you want."
I loved the demo and I plan on getting this game. But, MAN... I hope the real game doesn't try to shove Thena in our face repeatedly.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

sugarpixel

@Knuckles: It's like the very first part of a court case. It's not the entire case. But you get to feel like you accomplished something, at least!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

I like Athena.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

RevolverLink

So I finally saw Takashi Miike's film adaptation of Ace Attorney last night.

That was... an experience. It wasn't bad, and it was surprisingly faithful to the source material in many respects, but it was just... utterly bizarre to watch.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

DualWielding

RevolverLink wrote:

That was... an experience. It wasn't bad, and it was surprisingly faithful to the source material in many respects, but it was just... utterly bizarre to watch.

I did not really like it, except Von Karma, that was the one character that was perfectly nailed

PSN: Fertheseeker

GamecubeMan

Im still concerned about how much blocks this title will take up. Safe to say it wont beat Donkey Kong Counrty Returns 3D's record though. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RevolverLink

I think I may have mentioned it earlier ITT, but I upgraded my SD Card back in July specifically for this game.

Though I can't imagine that AA5 is a RE:R-level space hog, I doubt the 700 or so blocks I had left on my old 2 GB card would have to cut it.

ferthepoet wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

I did not really like it, except Von Karma, that was the one character that was perfectly nailed

It felt like the whole movie was dedicated to plot and not character. Which is fine for a film, I guess, but the characters and the way they interact with each other are probably the single biggest draw of the series for me. And Maya's character, and thus her relationship with Nick, didn't feel right at all. She had one moment of goofiness involving the giant Steel Samurai, but otherwise she always came across as serious and aloof - which is basically the opposite of how she is in the games.

Credit to Miike for staying true to many of the series weird aesthetics, at least, most of said plot was pretty much lifted from the game and the film became more compelling during the second half, once it was allowed to slow down and focus on a single case. Also, seeing Shu Takumi himself celebrate with the crowd at the end was definitely a treat.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Eel

I wasn't really all that impressed with the demo.

Athena's so miraculous and amazing super power I kept reading about, which made her so vital and important and necessary for Phoenix and Apollo is basically guiding the witness into changing their testimony by using nothing more than her really sensitive (and totally trustworthy, obviously) hearing and a a bunch of magitek to tell the witness how they are feeling... That's even more weird and possibly more illegal than using a medium in court in my opinion... Even worse than using your super eyes to tell if the person talking is nervous...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sjoerd

I agree with @Morphtorok , I'm not that big of a fan of Athena's emotional necklace. I'm glad the humor is still there though The way the judge was mocking the length of the demo, made me grin.

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

Eel

Knuckles wrote:

Will Phoenix's Magnata(Sorry if I butchered the spelling) or Apollo's bracelet be making a return in AA5?

I know psyche locks and the magatama are back.

Haven't heard anything about Apollo's perceptive powers but since his bracelet is still there I guess his powers are too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Knuckles

Morphtorok wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

Will Phoenix's Magnata(Sorry if I butchered the spelling) or Apollo's bracelet be making a return in AA5?

I know psyche locks and the magatama are back.

Haven't heard anything about Apollo's perceptive powers but since his bracelet is still there I guess his powers are too.

Thanks. Since I've never played Apollo Justice, could someone tell me two things about the game?

1. What does the bracelet do?
2. If this can't be done without avoiding massive spoilers in Apollo Justice, can someone explain what makes Phoenix give up being a lawyer?

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic