Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Discussion Thread

Posts 241 to 251 of 251

ClockworkMario

@Xyphon22
Did you ever get around playing Investigations? If you did, I heartily recommend Investigations 2, as it's one of the greatest in the series. Of course it was never officially released outside of Japan, but emulators get you around and there's an excellent fan translation found online.

As for the costumes: eh, they're sorta cool. I mostly bought got them to support further Ace Attorney development. The DLC case is absolutely worth it.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Xyphon22

@ClockworkMario Yes, I did play Investigations before I got Dual Destinies. I really like it, though I thought it and Dual Destinies both really held your hand a lot more than the previous games, practically telling you exactly what to do if you just pressed through all the testimony. If it is acceptable to talk about here, where and how would I go about trying Investigations 2 (if not, I'm sure I can figure it out on my own)? I'm looking forward to the DLC case, but I'm like $1 short in my eShop account so will just have to wait for another Best Buy sale, I guess. I most likely won't bother with the costumes, though.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Vinny

Looking back, DD was pretty good. I don't like as much as I like PW1, T&T, or AAI2, but it had some great moments.

Apollo had more presence and development than in his own game, both the two final cases and the academy one were great. I thought Simon was better than Klavier as well.
Not a fan of Athena, her back story is too similar to other characters in the series.

The tradition from 2D to 3D worked really well too.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ClockworkMario

@Xyphon22
This tutorial ought to guide you through the whole thing. You'll find all the necessary links there save for the ROM. As for that, you could either try to import a copy or... let's say Google is your friend. The first result should lead you to the game.

The whole process is a bit tricky, but the game is easily worth it.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

spizzamarozzi

Since the demo of the new game is out, any thoughts on it?!
I've played it and I was really disappointed by the length...the DD demo was at least double the size and had you do a lot more. Here you do just one cross examination and have a taste of the new mechanic.
It looks promising though. Liking the indian flavour so far.
Just wish they don't overcomplicate things with spirits, seances and the main antagonist being the reincarnation of an Hindu goddess who can melt your आत्‍मा by playing the electric sitar...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Blooper987

I know I’m “reviving a dead thread” but I have a question. Is the only reason that Dual Destinies has a higher ESRB rating the one scene with Athena having blood on her? Like nothing is worse than any other Ace Attorney game?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

@Blooper987 Probably, blood is one of the warning that comes up in the age rating descriptions

This reminds of a poster on here (who's name I can't remember) that would always complain about these game as it had a medium in it and therefore was anti-Christian so it shouldn't have been played by kids.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

There was blood in other Ace Attorneys, but I guess here it's more in your face.

Also someone is shot on-screen (it's not graphic though), and there's the whole terrorist bombing thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blooper987

@Eel I know that. Literally the first minute of the first game has blood, but from what I’ve seen Dual Destinies has a bit more. Nothing serious though I take it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Eel

Yeah, there's nothing like, gory or anything like that.

But yes, as I said, some of the situations in the game may have contributed to the rating, not just the blood.

I'm certainly far more disturbed by the fact a character shatters his teeth as part of his cornered animation, and the game confirms that as something that actually happened instead of just brushing it off like they usually do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

Eel wrote:

I'm certainly far more disturbed by the fact a character shatters his teeth as part of his cornered animation, and the game confirms that something that actually happened instead of just brushing it off like they usually do.

ha, brushing it off. Teeth.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic