Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,882

Spoony_Tech

@David_NL I don't have it but it's suppose to be bigger. Can't remember by how much but I thought 25% bigger.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

David_NL

@Spoony_Tech Yeah, it is. I believe it's 20% bigger. I don't want a New 3DS XL because it's basically the same as an old 3DS XL, which I already have... Except for new features. The regular one is a bit bigger [edit: than an OG 3DS], so it's different and it has faceplates and colorful buttons.

Edited on by David_NL

David_NL

Luceus

roy130390 wrote:

New Nintendo 3DS My Body is Ready Edition

It's funny because i would actually buy this lol, still no black new 3ds.... god damn NOA

Luceus

manwithoutfear

I didn't really know where to talk about this so I guess I'll put it here. I have a red 3ds (original) that has been to hell and back (I dropped it in a lake and it was dead for a solid week before it all of the sudden turned on). I've had it for what will be 5 years in this coming September. For quite some time it sat collecting dust until I had an urge to restart playing animal crossing on it a week ago. Needless to say, I have been playing non-stop on this 3ds that just wants to die. So, I bring a question. Is it worth it to buy a New 3DS xl so late in the systems life? I'm just assuming that NX will take over both home and portable console gaming at Nintendo. I have other games that I've been wanting to play, but my system is in such horrid condition that I haven't found it worth while.

manwithoutfear

Spoony_Tech

@manwithoutfear Well you have to ask yourself if the more stable 3d is worth it. It also gives a slight boost in graphics as well and is a bit faster at loading and dl'ing games off the shop.

As for what the NX will be who knows. I guess it also depends on how much you like rpgs since the flow of them doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. If this is the final year for the 3ds you could've fooled me.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

So my 3DS XL is broken. The hinge completely broke off. I am looking to upgrade to a New 3DS XL, mainly for the better performance and amiibo support. Does anyone know of any good deals in the USA? My Wife also wants to upgrade her Aqua Blue 3DS, so we have some trade credit to work with.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pokefanmum82

gamestop has refurbished ones for $150 including the red, black and Hyrule one

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

DefHalan

@Pokefanmum82 yeah but their website doesn't like my phone and I can't get to a computer currently, so I can't see if one in my area has refurbished ones. But thanks.

DefHalan

My Wife and I ordered our New 3DS XLs from Amazon (currently $175 each and my wife "traded-in" her Aqua Blue 3DS on Amazon for $90)

freakyjohan

So im just here to ask, Why do i need a new 3ds? can i buy aa 3ds and be fine with it? Are there games for only new 3ds

freakyjohan

rockodoodle

freakyjohan wrote:

So im just here to ask, Why do i need a new 3ds? can i buy aa 3ds and be fine with it? Are there games for only new 3ds

Xenoblade is pretty much the only exclusive. It does have Amiibo support. SNES games are exclusive. It has a faster processor, better battery and better 3d. As mentioned above, I got mine on Amazon yesterday for $175. Oh, and it also has a right control "nub" that works like the circle pad somewhat. Through Amazon credit card I then got $30 prime day credit, so my total cost after taxes was $159.

I'm getting a new one mainly b/c my old one turns three at the end of August. It's still in good shape, but the battery isn't holding a charge as long as it used to. I'll hold out a little longer on my old one and then probably transfer my stuff to the new one in a few months.

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

rockodoodle

rockodoodle wrote:

Tempted to get the New 3ds.... It's $175 on Amazon now.....I have the old 3ds XL that's in good shape. Still not sure if I should take the plunge.

How funny.... I forgot that I posted this. I would have held off yet again b/c my old 3ds XL is still in good shape. But for the additional $30 credit, I couldn't resist. What's sorta funny is that I'm mainly making this purchase for the future. I'm going to mainly use my old one until at least the end of August, when my old 3ds turns three.

rockodoodle

Sisilly_G

The more powerful processor means bugger all as hardly any games use it. Fire Emblem Fates is plagued with the same frame rate fluctuations as Awakening, which is unfortunate because there are moments (usually only when the battle animations are skipped) that things occasionally become silky smooth. I'm extremely disappointed that developers aren't arsed to optimise their games for the New 3DS as well, rather than limiting all of these new releases to the old 3DS' clock speed. Nintendo should have made an imposition forcing developers to take advantage of the N3DS' additional processing power, but they aren't taking advantage of it themselves.

I can only hope that Sun/Moon will be optimised for N3DS, but it looks doubtful.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Spoony_Tech

@sillygostly But there are some games that utilize the extra power. Hyrule Warrior's being the best example. Others that you don't here about as much are Monster Hunter 4U and of course Smash. I'm sure there's plenty more that get a slight graphics numb or better load time but HW seems to be the best example.

MERG said:

Sisilly_G

I'm aware of all those, but they are the extreme minority. My point is that MOST new games are not utilising the extra processing power at all (even those that would really benefit from it), including games published by Nintendo, who should take a firmer stance on this, but won't.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

DefHalan

@sillygostly Games, for the most part, need to be optimized for the New 3DS or there is no difference between the performance. I think S&M will be optimized for N3DS, just by looking at what they did in X/Y and what they are looking to do in S&M. It was my fear it wouldn't run well or I would be missing out on something cool, but now I am getting a N3DS XL, so my fear is gone lol.

freakyjohan

@rockodoodle okay thx, so the difference isnt big, what do you reccomend? cuz the 3ds is A LOT cheaper in sweden, 3ds= 75$, ne 3ds=120$

freakyjohan

freakyjohan

Do i need an new 3ds, or can i buy a normal 3ds and be happy

freakyjohan

Pokefanmum82

you can buy a normal 3ds and be happy. I just did not think they sold those anymore. Here in Canada the majority of stores only sell the New XLs and 2DSes. EB Games Canada and the online Nintendo store still sell refurbished ones of the XL but none of the original 3DS.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic