Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 1,882

rockodoodle

@freakyjohan

I won't get mine until tomorrow. So, I can't really tell you that it's definitively better.

I would agree with the thought above- you can buy a normal 3ds and be quite happy. As I mentioned, I am mainly getting mine b/c my current system turns three at the end of August. It's in good shape but will eventually wear out. For that reason, I'm not even sure how much I'm going to play mine right away.

That said, it seems to me that if you could save some money for a month or two longer, that it would be worth it to get the new one. Put this way, save $25 this month, $20 next month I think the upgrades would be worth the wait from what I've read.

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

Spoony_Tech

@freakyjohan It all depends on if you think you will use the 3d a lot. The New model works far better and if you're going to play games that requires a second analog stick you may want to go with the New model. If neither of those interest you then go old and save.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

freakyjohan

@Spoony_Tech @rockodoodle I'm not gonna use it extremely, i will buy it mainly for tomodachi life, maybe some pokemon games, kirby, mario idk yokaiwatch? So what do you reccomend?

freakyjohan

Spoony_Tech

@freakyjohan Well if that's all then go with the older model and use the cash you would save to buy another game or 2. I've had every 3ds system made and while the New version is clearly the best it's also underutilized. If you want Xenoblade Chronicles though you have to get the New version. Otherwise outside of a handful of reship games you will be able to play everything.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rockodoodle

@freakyjohan I'd say get the older one then.... As mentioned, Xenoblade is the only exclusive. There's a few games that require the C stick that would run better, rather than using the stylus- most notably Kid Icarus and Resident Evil. But it will work fine for the games you mentioned.

rockodoodle

rockodoodle

@sillygostly It is disappointing, but you have 50 million plus using the older 3ds- probably no more than 10 million, if that using new 3ds

rockodoodle

DefHalan

The New 3DS XL's more stable 3D is amazing. I have only had it for about a day and have already played in 3D more than on my old 3DS XL. It is so awesome to see Pokemon in 3D lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Retroman78

I'm thinking of getting then New 3ds xl for my birthday but I can't decide if the graphics are jagged on the xl. I've never picked one up and graphics are not important to me but are the graphics really jagged ?

Edited on by Retroman78

Retroman78

Spoony_Tech

@Retroman78 It's more pixelated because of the screen being larger but not really jaggy. Now if you have really good eyes you may notice it more but for me I never hold my system that close to my face to see them all that well. The larger screen is a great plus though even with that downside.

MERG said:

Retroman78

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Retroman78 It's more pixelated because of the screen being larger but not really jaggy. Now if you have really good eyes you may notice it more but for me I never hold my system that close to my face to see them all that well. The larger screen is a great plus though even with that downside.

Thanks for this 😃
I'm thinking the regular new 3ds will be too small but the xl appeals to me

Retroman78

WebHead

so is that New 3DS mario bundlr being sold outside target in the US?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Bigskyorbust

@WebHead

Yes .. Got mine yesterday at Wal Mart . Literally had no idea it was even out , and didn't need it at all but the slick Mario faceplate literally reached out of the case and made me buy it . Not sure if it is sold anywhere other than target or Wal mart though.

Bigskyorbust

TuVictus

I bought the Galaxy new 3ds for the boyfriend and ordered a refurbished Majora's mask edition from gamestop. I've heard really good things about them usually coming like new, but I'm still wary

TuVictus

boyd88

Hello everyone, I hope it's ok I've started this thread. Today I traded in my wii u. I bought this game on launch and after the recent Nintendo direct it confirmed to me sadly the wii u is dead. The system I think had good games (very little of them though) but the console itself was very sluggish and slow! The game pad was always out of charge and rather clunky!
I've picked up a new 3ds xl as I need the bigger screen (as id get a bad head looking at a small one). Now my gaming day favs are (back in the day) was snes - super mario world, donkey kong country n64 - banjo, mario wii u - mario, dk tropical freeze.
I would class myself more of a beginner gamer as in the controls can be difficult on some of the newer games to me!
Now all this thread is about is me asking what should I be playing and enjoying?

And since I downloaded some snes games to my wii u can these be now re downloaded to my new 3dsxl for free once I've logged in with my Nintendo network id? Or do they all have to be re purchased if I want them?

boyd88

JaxonH

@boyd88
Ya, to get a good Wii U experience, you really need to buy the extended battery from Nintendo online store (gives around 8 hrs battery life which is plenty unless you plan an all-day gaming binge). Shame you sold it though. 30 minutes and a little file swapping and you could have modded the vWii mode to run GameCube and Wii from SD card in HD, and playable with Wii U pro controller. Oh well.

As for 3DS, you'll need to purchase all those games again. Nothing transfers, so when you sold your Wii U you sold all your digital games along with it.

Based on beginner games and your taste, I'd recommend DKC Returns 3D, Zelda Link Between Worlds and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. If you feel venturous and want to expand your gaming horizons, I'd recommend grabbing Fire Emblem Awakening and allow it to show you why turn based games can be amazing. It's possibly the highest rated game on 3DS. Definitely in the top percentile, and will open up a whole new world to you as a gamer.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

boyd88

Thanks for replying to me! Jus to clarify before I re purchase lol- so even though I downloaded some snes games to my wii u Nintendo network Id which I have now logged onto my 3ds with I need to download them again and pay? (Seems a little bad since it's all linked with the same id) thanks for your reccomendations - I'll have a look into them! Is the new 3ds xl same size as 3ds xl for purchasing a carry/padded case & screen protectors? - does Nintendo have official merch? My local game store is low on all Nintendo product - feel like that lets them down with sales to the public aww well! @JaxonH

boyd88

JaxonH

@boyd88
The NNID wasn't created until about a year or 2 ago which was mid-generation, so no crossbuy was implemented. When you buy a game you buy it for that system alone. There are ways to transfer your games from Wii to Wii U, from Wii U to Wii U or from 3DS to 3DS, but not from Wii U to 3DS.

And ya the overall size is virtually the same, the old is 93mm X 156mm X 22mm while the New XL is 93.5mm X 160mm X 21.5mm so it's only 4mm wider, 0.5mm higher and 0.5mm thinner. Negligible difference really. Screen sizes are identical from old to new.

Pro Tip: buy a $30 Gamer's Club Unlocked membership from BestBuy, and then get 20% off all new game purchases for the span of 2 years. $60 games become $47.99, while $40 games become $31.99 and $30 games become $23.99 and $20 games become $15.99. It pays for itself many times over.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

boyd88

I'm in UK so don't know if I'd be able to do that? Thanks very much for your help you've been great, I've saw on local Facebook pages r4 cards with lots of Nintendo ds games on. Would this work on my device? Don't want to do any damage to it@JaxonH

boyd88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic