Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,882

Eel

Why do I get the feeling that the so called inner flash is actually the sensor that defines where your face is for the 3D and/or the brightness level of your surroundings.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Taceus wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Only real fear is if this CPU boost means SNES and GBA games are new 3DS only.

Surprised no one else has brought this up.
I can imagine the butt-hurt

Wouldn't make much sense, though...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Snes and GBA games as WiiU exclusives has more to do with "the WiiU needs them" than with "the 3DS can't handle them".

Bloop.

Jazzer94

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Taceus wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unless you're a businessman that is. I can already imagine Iwata's speech "with the extra power of New 3DS we can now have all those old games you love on our new handheld, please hand over your wallets".

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shingi_70

WaLzgi wrote:

I'm not sure that we'll see 3DS ending for another few years. The 3DS is still going strong. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we slowly moved towards the newer models

That's what they plan to do. The 3DS is at a saturation point in Japan, so introducing a new model this way will spark sales this holiday season and with some aggressive new 3DS only games they can get developers to start using the new hardware for games, or at least get some Vita only titles into the 3DS. Plus won't be surpised if this new model supports unity and the HTML5 framework.

For the US/EU I imagine Nintendo wanted to get the new 3DS out this holiday as to have a massive launch of the Nintendo soft relaunch of their product line. But they probably want to clear out inventory and wait till they have 3DS games that use Ambiio in some way next year. My guess is that the were going to see a pretty decent marketing push for the new 3DS and XL with a almost ne launch line up consisiting of.

The Systems launch
Xenoblade Chronicles
Monster Hunter 4
Project Steam which will have Amiibo features but not use the extra hardware
some other new games such as maybe a new Metroid

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Joeynator3000

Jazzer94 wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Taceus wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Unless you're a businessman that is. I can already imagine Iwata's speech "with the extra power of New 3DS we can now have all those old games you love on our new handheld, please hand over your wallets".

Ambassador people: "....WTF?" o_0 lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

shingi_70

Morphbug wrote:

Snes and GBA games as WiiU exclusives has more to do with "the WiiU needs them" than with "the 3DS can't handle them".

I'm unsure about SNES but nintendo has said they've had problems with GBA games when making the special ones for the 3DS. It had something to do with not getting the emulation to work properly in sleep mode or something.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jazzer94

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Taceus wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Ambassador people: "....WTF?" o_0 lol

That wasn't true emulation though and anyway Ambassadors are a dying breed now, every day one ambassador 3DS dies soon it will be but a legend told to the 4DS generation.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tobiaku

Frapp wrote:

Artwark wrote:

So does that mean that no other SD Cards will be compatible with it? I mean How can we do system transfers if the system recommends to use the old SD card instead of the micro SD cards?

They've only verified that their own branded ones and some SanDisks work, but any good speed (you want to use Class 10 anyway) micro SD card up to 32GB should work. SDXC is not supported.
From Nintendo Japan's Q&As:
Q: What kind of computer operating systems will work for accessing the microSD card via wireless LAN?
A: The confirmed operating systems are Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
Q: Will you be able to move specific data from the SD card like software or save data?
A: No, you won’t be able to.
Q: Can you transfer software data from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL?
A: Data can be transferred from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL to the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL. (However, data from the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL cannot be moved to the 3DS/3DS XL.)
Q: What will you need in order to transfer data [via PC]?
A: Internet connectivity. (Internet connectivity or a way to locally connect to the device.) You’ll also need enough battery or else it won’t transfer.
Since the SD card doesn’t fit the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL’s microSD slot, you’ll have to use either the wireless connectivity, or manually copy it from a computer.

Does this mean you can, or can not transfer savefiles via a pc?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Joeynator3000

Morphbug wrote:

Ambassador 3DSs don't die, they reincarnate in new systems.

Pretty much. lol
One is gonna reincarnate into a New system soon....whenever they release it here and I got the money. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Sargon

I'm not clear about the form factor of the new 3DS XL.

I have a carrying case, charging cradle, and grip attachment, all designed to fit the current version of the 3DS XL. Will they fit the new version or is it going to be slightly larger?

Sargon

Eel

It's both slightly larger (the new shoulder buttons stick out) and slightly thiner, but you should have no problems using normal XL carrying cases I think.

Charging cradles and grip attachments are another story though. They will not work with it since the system has things in different places.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ZurrrrBlattTron

I wish they would had called it something smoother, something like 3DS pro I felt so awkward just now telling my older brother I wanted the "regular sized new 3DS" felt kinda unnecessarily long

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Kewlan

@torotoid64 As we can tell, Nintendo is great with names. Not only did Wii U confuse 99% of the people, but now New 3DS confuses it on a whole new level.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Eel

As much as I'd like to return to bigger screens.... Am I the only one who absolutely loves the idea of customizable portable systems? Just like the Micro.

It's like... I won't need to wait for a color I like, just buy the black one and get the plates I want or order them online. New games can come with new special plates as a bonus, no need to buy a new system for a special design.

Also, the screens are slightly bigger than those on the original 3DS, closer to the DSi's. It's like perfection.

Bloop.

Kewlan

@Morphbug Yes, that's how the future in hardware for games should look like. Well, it does for PC.
#PCMasterRace

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Tobiaku

@Kewlan the New 3DS name is not that confusing

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Inkling

It'll probably get a name change. In Japan, the word New is not the word they use for New.

3DS +? 3DS Pro? Super 3DS?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DefHalan

torotoid64 wrote:

I wish they would had called it something smoother, something like 3DS pro I felt so awkward just now telling my older brother I wanted the "regular sized new 3DS" felt kinda unnecessarily long

well, when/if it comes out outside of Japan they are going to change the name and 3DS Pro wouldn't be a bad name. How about the 3DS U... just to cause more confusion

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic