Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,882

Eel

I still think Neo3DS is a good option.

Anyway, New 3DS is not that bad. That video repeated the word new too many times in a way it made no sense, because you'd need to be a very dumb salesman to call the classic 3DS new 3DS and the New 3DS New New 3DS.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Namco

Super 3DS Ultra Pro Lite Entertainment System (Now also in 2D)

This name would've been perfect, IMO

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Faruko

While i dont like the name that much, i do not think its confusing AT ALL

New 3DS, but i wish for a Super 3DS or 3DS Pro

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

shingi_70

How about 3DS-2 or 3DS+.

Anywho I hate how Nintendo has sort of made it hard for which one I want to get. I currently have Cosmo Black OG 3DS I got after the E3 when Link's Awakening came out on the eshop. Now my problem is.

I've used my friend's XL and I love the size of the screen but it seems the new one has glossy or more shiny finish. Not as prononced as the terrible OG 3DS glossy but its there. Even f the Blue looks good.
Untitled
Untitled

But Man the new smaller 3DS looks so freaking good, its very Matte and the color scheme of the buttons fits both the Black and the greyish white.
Untitled
Untitled

I'd probably get the black unless they decided to give the white buttons the purple snes look. But i'm also a commuter meaning the smaller size is prefable when getting off the Bus and the tram when going to school and work.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Knux

3DSi would be a perfect name, but probably not to Nintendo. Anyway, I'm going to buy this for sure because I don't plan on buying Nintendo's real next-gen handheld until it's three to four years old due to the fact that I have way too many 3DS games to play. This will let me play a 3DS with all the bells and whistles built-in and I get at least a few extra nice looking games to play (and portable Xenoblade).

Knux

TrueWiiMaster

Artwark wrote:

Its funny seeing that the original game boy lasted for nine years, the game boy color lasted for five years and the game boy advance lasted for four. Then it comes to DS lasting for eight years and now the 3DS lasts for five and the next one will last for four........??????

According to Wikipedia, the GBA came out less than 3 years after the GBC (late '98 to early '01), and then the GBA only lasted about 3.5 years before the DS came out (early '01 to late '04). They had shockingly short lifespans compared to the Game Boy and DS. The 3DS is already close to having the 3rd longest lifespan among Nintendo's handhelds. Soon it will have had a longer life than the original Xbox...

I am the TrueWiiMaster! Those who call the Wii casual BEWARE!

Nintendo Network ID: WiiMaster

Faruko

Im getting the small one, i have an XL and while i love the screen size, i do think its a little bulky for my taste

I never liked the XL all that much, always wanted a small one, but the screen size was way too small, now that they have a slightly slarger screen i will get that

3.5 was way too small, 3.85 seems a lot better (both screens are 20% bigger).

And i think its looks way better lol

shingi_70

So for those wondering why the XL doesn't have the face plates. Its due to limited Editions.

Untitled
Untitled

They know the hardcore Market will buy the LE Editions of the more expensive market either way, so just making around $10-$15 on the smaller model cases and themes is pausable.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Faruko

holy crap that XL looks gorgeous (the MH4 one)

Edited on by Faruko

Pokefanmum82

I want the small one so bad. I love the idea of customize my 3DS.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

CanisWolfred

Again, I'd be okay with this if it weren't for the fact that, unlike the GBC, it's coming out only a few years after 3DS. It just makes people like me, who bought within the first 6 months, look like even more of a dope than I already do (thanks to the price drop). Ugh, I may just skip this and wait for the "Super Ultra New 3DS" 3 years from now...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jazzer94

CanisWolfred wrote:

Again, I'd be okay with this if it weren't for the fact that, unlike the GBC, it's coming out only a few years after 3DS. It just makes people like me, who bought within the first 6 months, look like even more of a dope than I already do (thanks to the price drop). Ugh, I may just skip this and wait for the "Super Ultra New 3DS" 3 years from now...

Canis it's actually getting close to 4 years now around the same amount of time it took for the DSi to come out and seems to mostly act the same with games being enhanced in most cases.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Whydoievenbother

Do u know what new 3DS means? Pikmin 3DS!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

kereke12

I will buy the smaller version because of the colors buttons & the face-plates & its cheap for my budget.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

The_Ninja

Jazzer94 wrote:

Splatom wrote:

I hope the increased RAM and better CPU, plus 2nd Circle Pad could mean we could get Minecraft on the 3DS. It's unlikely, but I've got my fingers crossed

I'd like it if it made some games from now on run a bit better if possible.

PSP did, so why not?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Eel

It would be awesome if some of the laggy games worked better with the new models.

Like Tale of Two Towns. It's amazing how a mostly unchanged port of a DS game is so prone to lagging.

Bloop.

baba_944

I wonder if the new "Legend of Zelda" "NINTENDO 3DS" exclusive game that Miyamoto was talking about will be exclusive for this?

Who are you?

Eel

Relax, they won't go around making every single big game exclusive for these models.

They are not meant to completely eradicate the older models, they will be just the "newer, better option". Making every new 3DS game a "new" exclusive would only damage Nintendo.

Bloop.

sub12

I think the enhanced CPU, outside of running the OS in a smoother fashion, is really just there to take full advantage of the new 3D screen......as I'm sure everybody here already knows, a lot of games start to stutter a bit in the frame rate department once the slider is turned up, so hopefully this kinda alleviates that (to a degree)......especially now that you have an reason to use 3D.

But I reckon Xenoblade is more or less an enticer to buy the new hardware, and not representative of a new strategy to split the 3DS's software library.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

shingi_70

Yeah even apple and Google tend to give a twelve month support windows for their products.

I could see Metroid being n3ds exclusive, but not something like Zelda or Mario.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic