Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,882

baba_944

This "New 3DS" reminds me of the "NINTENDO DS Lite". The Start/select button is on the right under the A, B, Y, X buttons like the "NINTENDO DS Lite".

Who are you?

Kewlan

Why don't they just call it "Buy Our Console Again For An Even Higher Price With Some Slight Changes And Exclusive Games 3DS XL"?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

WebHead

Planning to get the smaller one myself. These look great. I might get Xenoblade 3D for it

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

SkywardLink98

HappyHappyist wrote:

"I bought a 3DS XL YESTERDAY! What am I going to do now??!"
A: This is a next-gen system. Being angry for this reason is like me being angry for buying a PS3 one day before the PS4 was announced. This argument makes no sense.

This is not a next-gen system. It is the DSi to the DS Lite, not the PS4 to the PS3.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Ralizah

Kewlan wrote:

Why don't they just call it "Buy Our Console Again For An Even Higher Price With Some Slight Changes And Exclusive Games 3DS XL"?

The price doesn't seem to be higher.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

unrandomsam

I hoping for a GBC level of exclusives. (As long as they are 60fps). Find it pretty unlikely though. Not bothered if they run downgraded on older stuff like some GBC games did.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Faruko

Kewlan wrote:

it cost less...

the "New" 3DS: 16.000 yens = 160 dollars
the "New" 3DSXL: 18.000 yens = 180 dollars

according to Gamestop a 3DS cost 170 and a 3DS XL cost 200 (this is the "theorical" price, you obviously can find deals, but those arent the norm)

And thats not even couting that prices in Japan are always higher when it comes to gaming, so it should come even cheaper here

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

TrueWiiMaster

Artwark wrote:

@TrueWiiMaster Wait so It won't Support SDHC cards?

No. There won't be a slot for them.

I am the TrueWiiMaster! Those who call the Wii casual BEWARE!

Nintendo Network ID: WiiMaster

Socar

GameInfinite wrote:

According to Nintendo of Japan's website,the AC Adapter for the "New" model is sold seperately but you'll be able to use the DSi-3DS adapter!
Edit:here's a picture of the Nintendo branded micro SD cards! http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/new/img/lineup/other_microsd.jpg
My good friend Google Translate translated me the date and price for the Smash-themed "New"Nintendo 3DS.
From Nintendo of Japan's website:
Release Date
Releases in November , 2014
Suggested retail price TBD
It is the New Nintendo 3DS XL body of special specifications .
※ " Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS " is not included

So does that mean that no other SD Cards will be compatible with it? I mean How can we do system transfers if the system recommends to use the old SD card instead of the micro SD cards?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Jmaster

Splatom wrote:

I hope the increased RAM and better CPU, plus 2nd Circle Pad could mean we could get Minecraft on the 3DS. It's unlikely, but I've got my fingers crossed

Where did you read that the RAM was increased? All i read was that the CPU has a higher clockspeed.

Jmaster

WebHead

I think the reason america and Europe aren't getting the new models until 2015 is because the old models will be discontinued when the new ones launch, so they want to try to sell the rest of their old 3ds and 3ds xl models this holiday first.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TrueWiiMaster

BinaryFragger wrote:

When Sony released the PS3 Slim, they didn't release any games that only worked on the PS3 Slim. When the Xbox 360 Slim was released, you didn't see "Halo 4 coming soon, only for the 360 Slim!'
They'res nothing wrong with hardware upgrades, but making a system obsolete with a mid-cycle update will rightfully anger a lot of people. Sure, it's a good deal for those who don't yet own a 3DS, but it's giving the middle finger to the 40+ million who do own one.

If Sony released a PS4 Slim next year and made games that only worked on it, people would be grabbing their pitchforks.

That's true, but it doesn't apply to the new 3DS. At the moment we have no reason to think the new model makes the old models obsolete. It will have some exclusives, but only when those games wouldn't be possible on the original 3DS. In other words, if not for the new 3DS, the games wouldn't even be possible, so you wouldn't be getting them on your original 3DS anyway. There's no reason to think that all, or even most, future games will only play on the new 3DS, either. Based on the fact that publishers want to make money, it's more likely that almost all future games will continue to be made for the established base and the new base rather than just the small new base.

I'd also like to point out that the 3DS isn't necessarily "mid-cycle". Handhelds last anywhere from 3 to 8 years. The 3DS will turn 4 in February. It wouldn't be unreasonable for Nintendo to announce its successor next year, to release when the 3DS turns 5, though that's very unlikely now that they've announced the new 3DS (though it's still possible; Nintendo announced the 3DS less than a year after the DSi released in the West). Personally, I expect the 3DS to last until it's at least 6, so it can be replaced close to the time the Wii U is replaced.

clvr

I was actually going to buy a white 3DS XL one of these days, but luckily I've waited long enough to see these new models coming. It'll be quite a long wait, but I'm definitely gonna buy a New XL...and it'll be worth

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

LzWinky

Artwark wrote:

GameInfinite wrote:

According to Nintendo of Japan's website,the AC Adapter for the "New" model is sold seperately but you'll be able to use the DSi-3DS adapter!
Edit:here's a picture of the Nintendo branded micro SD cards! http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/new/img/lineup/other_microsd.jpg
My good friend Google Translate translated me the date and price for the Smash-themed "New"Nintendo 3DS.
From Nintendo of Japan's website:
Release Date
Releases in November , 2014
Suggested retail price TBD
It is the New Nintendo 3DS XL body of special specifications .
※ " Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS " is not included

So does that mean that no other SD Cards will be compatible with it? I mean How can we do system transfers if the system recommends to use the old SD card instead of the micro SD cards?

An interesting question. I would back everything up on a computer before using the transfer, then copy everything to the micro-SD (with its adapter) after the transfer.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TrueWiiMaster

Artwark wrote:

Maybe they'll use the connectivity the new 3DS has with PC's. It's also possible the new 3DS could just sit there and copy all the data from the old 3DS, but that could take hours. If they don't build it in, I guess you'd just have to copy the data from the old SD card to your computer, and then put it on the new micro SD card.

Caryslan

To be honest, I think the New 3DS will get a few games that take advantage of the extra ram and analog stick, but I see it being like the DSi. An upgrade that has tons of bells and whistles, but very few games take advantage of it. The fact that this is an update of the current 3DS models gives me hope, and pretty much makes me think there is no reason to upgrade from my 2DS.

Nintendo is not going to make Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, or even Fire Emblem exclusive to the new 3DS models, it would be foolish and they would cut out a large segment of their existing userbase and might very well drive them off.

I see this being like the DSi last generation. Games got exclusive features when played on the DSi, but most of your major titles could be played on any DS model, even the early ones from 2004. The New 3DS might also get exclusive eshop content and virtual console games that they rest of us won't get.

That's fine with me, I hope everyone enjoys the new 3DS. For me, its a waste of money when the true successor of the 3DS is likely a few short years away.

Something to keep in mind, the DSi came out in 2009 and the 3DS was announced at E3 in 2010. That's how quickly hardware comes out when it comes to Nintendo handhelds.

Caryslan

LzWinky

Frapp wrote:

Artwark wrote:

They've only verified that their own branded ones and some SanDisks work, but any good speed (you want to use Class 10 anyway) micro SD card up to 32GB should work. SDXC is not supported.
From Nintendo Japan's Q&As:
Q: What kind of computer operating systems will work for accessing the microSD card via wireless LAN?
A: The confirmed operating systems are Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
Q: Will you be able to move specific data from the SD card like software or save data?
A: No, you won’t be able to.
Q: Can you transfer software data from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL?
A: Data can be transferred from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL to the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL. (However, data from the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL cannot be moved to the 3DS/3DS XL.)
Q: What will you need in order to transfer data [via PC]?
A: Internet connectivity. (Internet connectivity or a way to locally connect to the device.) You’ll also need enough battery or else it won’t transfer.
Since the SD card doesn’t fit the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL’s microSD slot, you’ll have to use either the wireless connectivity, or manually copy it from a computer.

So...you can't back this data up on a computer?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

TrueWiiMaster wrote:

That's true, but it doesn't apply to the new 3DS. At the moment we have no reason to think the new model makes the old models obsolete. It will have some exclusives, but only when those games wouldn't be possible on the original 3DS. In other words, if not for the new 3DS, the games wouldn't even be possible, so you wouldn't be getting them on your original 3DS anyway. There's no reason to think that all, or even most, future games will only play on the new 3DS, either. Based on the fact that publishers want to make money, it's more likely that almost all future games will continue to be made for the established base and the new base rather than just the small new base.

I'd also like to point out that the 3DS isn't necessarily "mid-cycle". Handhelds last anywhere from 3 to 8 years. The 3DS will turn 4 in February. It wouldn't be unreasonable for Nintendo to announce its successor next year, to release when the 3DS turns 5, though that's very unlikely now that they've announced the new 3DS (though it's still possible; Nintendo announced the 3DS less than a year after the DSi released in the West). Personally, I expect the 3DS to last until it's at least 6, so it can be replaced close to the time the Wii U is replaced.

Its funny seeing that the original game boy lasted for nine years, the game boy color lasted for five years and the game boy advance lasted for four. Then it comes to DS lasting for eight years and now the 3DS lasts for five and the next one will last for four........??????

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LzWinky

I'm not sure that we'll see 3DS ending for another few years. The 3DS is still going strong. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we slowly moved towards the newer models

Taceus

shingi_70 wrote:

Only real fear is if this CPU boost means SNES and GBA games are new 3DS only.

Surprised no one else has brought this up.
I can imagine the butt-hurt

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic