Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 5,926

FattyWhale_42

Morpheel wrote:

I dunno (since I play in Spanish).

I have two, one that lowers damage done to me by frenzied beasts and another one that increases the damage I do to frenzied beasts.

That would be the equivalent to Brace, and Force Wystones. Check page 145, it should give you an idea on what you need to do.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Jazzer94

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

In other news, I seems I finally unlocked the wystones.

Nice! Have you unlocked the Drive Wystone yet?

How far into the main story is it?

You have to unlock the mission(s) through Guild Hall quests. I can't remember exactly which ones, but I know Tiger-sharq is one. JaxonH posted the approximate requirements a few pages back, so you might want to check those out.

Edit: I went back to find it, and it's on page 145. But... you commented on it right after he posted it! So shouldn't you already know about it? xD

So much information for this game, I forget stuff.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

FattyWhale_42

Jazzer94 wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

You have to unlock the mission(s) through Guild Hall quests. I can't remember exactly which ones, but I know Tiger-sharq is one. JaxonH posted the approximate requirements a few pages back, so you might want to check those out.

Edit: I went back to find it, and it's on page 145. But... you commented on it right after he posted it! So shouldn't you already know about it? xD

So much information for this game, I forget stuff.

Haha! That's okay, I occasionally forget stuff too.

FattyWhale_42

Eel

Want some extra information?

You can eat the glutton and gastronome tunas you fish, and they might give you some really rare items.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Want some extra information?

You can eat the glutton and gastronome tunas you fish, and they might give you some really rare items.

What kind of rare items?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Iggly

Not sure what the glutton fish gives, but the gastronome fish can give silver, gold, steel eggs or slickaxes.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

potatomage7

Just got my G permit! I feel inferior going into halls with my HR armor. Does anyone have some advice for a set of G1 armor I could use? If possible, I'd like it to have the ability to gem in Crit Draw. I've tried using Athena's Armor Set Search, but it doesn't account for which G rank you're in.

potatomage7

Eel

Well, if you want that ability, the plum hermitaur armor set comes with +7 on it, you just need to gem in the rest.

Getting it is also not very complicated, it appears in the "birthday berries" quest (one of the basic quests in G1) and is possible to kill solo with HR equipment.

Just try to level up your armor so you can resist its attacks and watch out for the occasional Rajang that might spoil your party.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

You have to unlock the mission(s) through Guild Hall quests. I can't remember exactly which ones, but I know Tiger-sharq is one. @JaxonH posted the approximate requirements a few pages back, so you might want to check those out.

Here's the post again

I thought I would post instructions for how to obtain wystones. I notice a lot of people aren't sure what they need to do and info can be hard to find through a search.

Unlocks Brace and Force Wystones at the Wyceum
Complete the key 9★ Caravan Quest "Forge Ahead"
***Wystones will automatically unlock

Unlocks Element and Drive Wystones at the Wyceum
Complete key 9★ Caravan Urgent Quest "Death Of A Thousand Cuts"
Complete key 10★ Caravan Urgent Quest "Kushala Kushowdown"
Complete G1★ Gathering Hall Quest "Advanced: Tiger-sharq"
Complete G2★ Gathering Hall Quest "Advanced: Spider Study"
***A villager request at the Wyporium will unlock- after completing villager request the Wystones will be available at Wyceum

Upgrades Wystones to Lv2; allows you to equip two Wystones; unlocks Garrison Bllsta Ammo and Dense Marcoal at the Wyceum
Complete key 9★ Caravan Urgent Quest "Death Of A Thousand Cuts"
Complete key 10★ Caravan Urgent Quest "Kushala Kushowdown"
Complete G2★ Gathering Hall Quest "Advanced: Escaped Convicts"
Complete G3★ Gathering Hall Quest "Advanced: Lab Partners"
***A villager request at the Wyporium will unlock- after completing villager request the Wystones will be available at Wyceum

I strongly encourage anyone who is now entering G rank to unlock their Wystones. Not only are they crucial against Apex Monsters, the first two are extremely beneficial against frenzied monsters in general.

EDIT: One thing I should have mentioned is that obtaining the first set of Wystones offline is a prerequisite to obtaining the others. You must unlock the Brace and Force Wystones first. And not only obtain the Wystones, but also complete the Urgent Quest with Apex Seregios and the final Urgent quest with Rusted Kushala Daora that immediately follows. If you obtain the first set of Wystones but have not yet cleared those two Urgent Quests, the villager requests to obtain the remaining Wystones will not appear, even if you have completed the requisite quests.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Morpheel wrote:

Other things include demon/armor flutes, max potions, minerals and etc.

@Iggy

And the biggest troll of all, thunderbugs. I farm Dundorma Tuna for slickaxes but you build up quite a few Gastronome in the process. Occasionally I get a slickaxe, rarely eggs, but 80% of the time I get those stinkin thunderbugs.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

I dunno, you can make plenty of shocktraps with thunderbugs so I usually don't mind when I get those.

Also would anyone wanna do Raging Brachydios later? I still haven't decided to farm him yet and most of you guys are already or close to being eligible to join the quest compared to 2 weeks ago when I asked if anyone was up for it.

JaxonH

@Iggly ya but it's just one single bug, and you can farm genprey fangs at the wycoon for mass accumulation. I'm always hoping for a golden egg or slickaxe

FattyWhale_42

Iggly wrote:

Also would anyone wanna do Raging Brachydios later? I still haven't decided to farm him yet and most of you guys are already or close to being eligible to join the quest compared to 2 weeks ago when I asked if anyone was up for it.

Tell ya what, if you help me beat "Monster Hunter!", I'll help you farm him until slime comes out your ears!

FattyWhale_42

Haru17

Iggly wrote:

Not sure what the glutton fish gives, but the gastronome fish can give silver, gold, steel eggs or slickaxes.

Glutton gave me mostly boomerangs and a fossilized bone.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

potatomage7

Just checked what I needed to make Crit Draw gems, and it seems in need Ruby Basarios materials. Unfortunately, I haven't unlocked it yet. I can't find the means of unlocking it on the internet. Does anyone know what the prerequisites are? I'll probably go do all the villager's requests until I get it if nobody knows.

Edited on by potatomage7

potatomage7

TeeJay

Wow...I just realized I still had the HR version of Seregios Braces, so I upgraded to the G Rank version and now I've got Steady Hand! And since I had Steady Hand, all my Fencing gems could be remobed since the Fencing skill is obsolete to me now, and now I've got 5 empty gem slots I'm not sure what to do with. One group or three and one group of two. The possibilities!

EDIT: Maybe I can attempt to gem out one of my weaknesses. It just occurred to me that I have Nulthunder gems sprinkled in that aren't even doing anything cause they're not enough. Wow my gemming is a mess.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Iggly

@FattyWhale_42 Sounds good, though I hope slime doesn't literally come out of my ears lol.

Jazzer94

Iggly wrote:

I dunno, you can make plenty of shocktraps with thunderbugs so I usually don't mind when I get those.

Would be useful as I want to upgrade my longsword but pretty sure even though I have permit my defense is lacking.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.