Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 5,926

Astraea

I got Gold Medal, the Unbreakable Armlet, and the Endurance Armlet awards all in one go after finishing the last 7 star quest. All that's left is the award for completing every G3 quest. ^_^

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

I just finished making the final upgrade of the Kushala Daora Insect Glaive, it's really powerful as I can slay a G Rank Caravan Seregios in 7 minutes compared to my previous hunts where it would take me 20 minutes. It's nice that it's good at slaying Seregios quick since I really need 2 Seregios Lens from him, one is to finish the armor that makes you look like the Ace Gunner and the other one is for the final upgrade of the Seregios Light Bowgun. Though I still haven't got a single lens yet because my luck with gems/palliums is really bad.

Ya I actually just honed the Daora Glaive yesterday. I agree- it's an excellent Ice Glaive with high raw, only issue is the single slot and all of my sets need a minimum of 2 to not sacrifice a skill.

Others of note are the Hazy Caster (837 raw, 2-slotted poison Glaive), the Hermit Scissors (806 raw, triple slotted Glaive) and the Hellruin Glaive Omen (837 raw, 2-slotted, 560 Blast Glaive).

I didn't know you played a gunner btw. Funny you mention that because I was looking into learning how to use HBG (never learned how to gun in MH4U- so much to know like which ammo to bring for which monsters in which hit zones to aim for with which ammo and how far away to gun from, not to mention which skills are best for gunners- blademaster skills I know which are best, not for gunners though...like, what's the coveted "Sharpness+1" of a gunner set and do you still need fencing to not deflect and which skills should be top priority, etc).

Only weapons I ever learned was Long Sword, Hunting Horn, Dual Blades, Hammer (to some extent anyways) and Insect Glaive. Experimented with the Lance for a while in MH3U but never liked guarding, or maybe I just wasn't used to it when my choice skill is Evasion.

Idk, maybe charge blade would be fun to learn. What say you? Is learning HBG worth it or you think charge blade would be a better choice to satiate my desire for something new...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

@JaxonH
Yep, I can use the Light Bowgun pretty well depending what monster you put me against. I can also use the HBG, though the reduced mobility doesn't really fit my playstyle when it comes to gunning. Plus it doesn't have rapid fire, I can do wonders with the Kettleblower Deluxe as it has rapid fire for Para, Sleep, and Poison shots. I'm pretty sure some people here got to see it in action.

The HBG is definitely worth learning as they're more powerful than the LBG, but less mobile. Though I think it might be easier if you learn how to use the Charge Blade as it's really fun to use and generally the necessary skills for the CB is more or less the same as your average Blademaster weapon.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

MisterMan

I tried learning the Charge Blade for awhile and I couldn't get the hang of it. I just couldn't find my rhythm. I was bummed because it seems like such a cool weapon. I still bring it out every now and then for lower rank hunts.

Also, when do I start honing weapons? Do I need to finish all of the Caravan 10 quests?

MisterMan

Joeynator3000

Not sure yet, but sometime tomorrow (...er, today, lol) I may go online if you guys wanna help me finish completing all of my quests. Since most of them are multi-hunts. (I also tried going against Rajang alone, and...yeah that ain't happening. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@MisterMan
You have to fight Apex Monsters and use 3 of the Zenith Wyvern Gem or Zenith Wyvern Gem L you get as a reward, along with a few strong armor spheres and mega demondrug/armor drug/lifepowder (which one depends whether you hone for attack, defense or life). If you're G rank, you can fight apex monsters early by joining a hall of someone else fighting them (though I think you have to be at least G crown to sign up, maybe?), get lucky and stroll across one that randomly appears in a G rank quest (unlikely) or unlock the quests yourself to farm them. To do that, you must clear G3 Urgent (Gogmazios) and unlock your 3rd scroll to get your first Apex Quest unlocked (Seregios). The next one is Apex Rajang which unlocks with your 6th scroll, and the others unlock by hunting that given monster a total of 35 times.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

Turns out I was missing something after all. I found out about "bullet evaporation" and guess two of the monsters that have this wonderful ability... yep that's right! Teostra and Kushala Daora. -_-

Oh well, the more you know, right? xD

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Eel

Well yeah, one has a personal mini tornado and the other has an explosive aura, so I guess it makes sense that they can repel arrows and bullets.

I remember they used to be much worse in Freedom Unite though, couldn't even get near them without breaking their horns.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Just when I thought I had the ultimate skill list, after hitting the charm lottery I'm now able to squeeze in fencing at the expense of downgrading Evasion+3 to +2. Also, same goes for Evade Distance. But with my triple slot weapon, I can actually tack on Evade Distance without downgrading anything.

Evasion+3
Evade Distance Extend
Sharpness+1
HG Earplugs
Windproof Hi

TELL me that ain't the dream set right there! AND any using the triple slotted glaive, it adds +110 defense instead of the normal +60 of my other glaives. And now that my armor is fully upgraded, that puts me at just under 900 defense lol. This is it, I've topped off. I'll never have a better armor set, defense or skill list than what I have now (or a better talisman for that matter).

Iggly

I just attempted the Apex Deviljho Arena Quest, it was pretty tough as I didn't realize the quest doesn't supply you with any potions so you're forced to check the gathering spots for potions. Thankfully they supply you with weapons that are honed for Life so it isn't too brutal. Although I didn't get an S or A Rank, the final blow was amazing as I knocked the Deviljho out of the Apex form and it got destroyed by a powered up A.E.D. (This is a Charge Blade attack incase you didn't know)

Though I'll probably need help with these arena quests since the armor I want to make requires a lot of Arena coins and these quests are really tough to do solo.

Aqueous

Anyone up for hunting g3 teostra with me? Looking to clean it up and another key before the final challenge of online.
Room ID: 31-6153-4073-5552
Password: 1234

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Iggly
Sounds like fun to me! I just fought Savage Deviljho in the Caravan quest, and while he did go down in like 5-7 minutes, he was doing some serious damage and pinned me like 3 times. I actually had to drink a few megapotions during the fight- something I normally don't have to do for caravan quests now that my defense is so high and skills are so good.

G rank Apex Deviljho? Now THAT sounds like a challenge. I'll be glad to help (always down for a good fight) but I am curious how to unlock that quest? One more letter should unlock my Apex Rajang with my 6th scroll, but I haven't started grinding monsters to unlock all the other Apex ones (think you have to kill 35 of said monster to unlock Apex quest. Are arena quests unlocked a certain way?

Give me a little bit, I'm just trying to upgrade one more glaive of mine and need another Flutterfly (would use slick axe since I have like 3 dozen of them from Dundorma Tunas, but I actually spent my last Flutterfly so now I have to go find one quick). Soon as I get this goaive upgraded and honed I'll be free for some quests, if you wanna take on Apex Deviljho

Iggly

JaxonH wrote:

G rank Apex Deviljho? Now THAT sounds like a challenge. I'll be glad to help (always down for a good fight) but I am curious how to unlock that quest? One more letter should unlock my Apex Rajang with my 6th scroll, but I haven't started grinding monsters to unlock all the other Apex ones (think you have to kill 35 of said monster to unlock Apex quest. Are arena quests unlocked a certain way?

You get most of the Arena Quests as you progress through G-Rank, while you get the Apex Deviljho and Triple Tigrex Quest after you hunt your first G-Rank Apex Monster so I believe you should have all of the arena quests already. Also the room is up if you're ready, the password is 4321.

Iggly

@JaxonH Thanks for helping me with the arena quests, I still need to get plenty of arena coins (specifically Legend) but I think I'm done hunting for tonight. Hopefully you're free tomorrow since it would be nice if you can help me again with the Arena.

JaxonH

@Iggly
Np, it was fun! I kinda like being forced to choose preset weapons, armor and skills. Got to try out the switch axe (had NO idea what I was doing with that thing lol), the GS (reminds me how much I really like this weapon, and that I should learn to use it efficiently), and my old friend the Long Sword which I was right as rain with being my old main from MH3U.

Should look into unlocking more arena quests. I only have like 7 G rank arena quests. No idea where to get more.

FattyWhale_42

Yeah, so I'm thinking trying to take down Dalamadur by myself isn't gonna happen. -_-

My attack is almost 500, I have Pierce Up, ate for Sharpshooter, used up ALL my ammunition (Normal/Pierce/Pellet/ lv(s) 1/2/3, I just barely had to use any Normal lv1), didn't die, and STILL ran out of time. (sigh)

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

JaxonH

@Iggly
Hey, how did you link to backloggery in your sig? I have my username entered in my profile but it doesn't show in my sig. I even tried copying the dynamic link they give you on the backlogery website and it doesn't show up when you paste it in your sig line either.

What am I missing here?

Joeynator3000

...I think I'm gonna give up on Meownster Hunters...hate it when half the time you have to rely on luck to win. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.