Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 5,116

Snagrio

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man, I don't like my avatar. -_- I don't really want to start a new game though. There really shouldn't have even been an avatar if the customization options are so limited.

I can make his hair blue; that's all I need

(Although more clothing options would have been nice...)

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Aqueous

@Qwikman_N_Bass - Children can have anywhere from 1-4 skills. from what I can tell, I still need to test the one skill theory. I could get starting stats I suppose but I'd have to make a new game, and the children I could not get. Since they reflect values based on the parents. I'll share the link next weekend. There are a few more things I'm going to touch up first.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Beat chapter 3 and the side quest with Donnel. Holy crap that was effing annoying! >:[ Those damn archers kept killing Sumia! Ugh.
Other then that stupid level I'm really starting to LOVE this game!! The music is awesome! The dialogue is great and the characters have cool designs.
Miriel is sooo cute. And Sumia. And Sully is so cool. ...This game has a fantastic female cast! XD

Gamesake

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

the characters have cool designs.
...This game has a fantastic female cast! XD

You haven't met Nowi yet.

...in my pants.

e-love

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man, I don't like my avatar. -_- I don't really want to start a new game though. There really shouldn't have even been an avatar if the customization options are so limited.

What I personally don't like. Is my avatar's voice.

:cringe:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SkywardLink98

paburrows wrote:

So I'm at the point in Chrom and Sumia's relationship where he just proposed, I was wondering what would happen if you start two characters liking each other and then started pairing one of them up with another character. Would the one individual get jelious? Part of me thinks that something like that would be kind of funny in a sadistic sort of way. Part of me is just curious about what the limits of the relationship aspect of the game is.

No they won't get jealous. They won't even notice honestly. No dialogue changes, or anything. I was actually having Gerome "date" two girls at once, and there was no dialogue that seemed to indicate what was going on. They were both on A support at the same time, so I'm pretty sure nothing changes.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

e-love

Lon 'qu and Cordelia are so perfect together

<3

SkywardLink98

@Emaan I'm kinda surprised I'm not the only one who put them together. I just wanted the next child and he was one of my better units, so I put them together.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

Snagrio

@Retro_on_theGo That's why I NEVER have a Pegasus Rider by themselves. I always make sure to pair them to somebody (and have them support unless I need to move through otherwise inaccessible areas) since they are so vulnerable.

I love how we're all nonchalantly mentioning people just getting married and having kids on a whim. It's like, "I want to find the next kid. Okay you two, get hitched." XD

I must admit I've not been playing this lately, but I have a reason. I saving it for when I go out of town to see my niece for her 2nd birthday, which will be a three hour drive (six counting going back). And since I despise long car trips, I holding off continuing so I can past the time playing it during that time.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

e-love

I REALLY like the whole matchmaking-love concept. Since I now consider myself a fan of the Fire Emblem series (finally!) I hope this feature is here to stay.

I just love seeing all the dialogue and watching relationships grow. It's a wonderful part of the experience.

Also, are the kids supposed to kinda look like their parents? If it's intended, that's a nice touch. I recently just had my first child join the team. She was Sully and Vaike's daughter, and she looked just like both of them!

lightbringer

I've finished the game twice already (Normal and Hard) and decided to give Lunatic a try. Can't even get past the second chapter, lol. Not even Frederick can save me.

Anyways, really enjoyed it. I think the game is on par with FE7, but I still think FE4 did the whole marriage/children better; much more impactful too. Only critique is the limited customization options.

"This sword shall always be the sword of the oppressed. I swear it again now!"

3DS Friend Code: 1778-9775-6886

TsunamiSensei

Emaan wrote:

Also, are the kids supposed to kinda look like their parents?

Not Maribelle's child!

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Sonicman

@Emaan From what I can tell, every mother has a set child, and the child's hair color takes after the father. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm loving this game, on my first playthrough (I'm what they call a completionist, so I'm taking my time.) Hard mode is not presenting much challenge, though I'm on Casual for this playthrough. My first Lunatic playthrough I'll probably switch to Classic, but that'll be awhile from now. Although I'm on, like, chapter 18.

Sonicman

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6552-4609 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicman1011

lightbringer

AmazingPopo_Man wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Also, are the kids supposed to kinda look like their parents?

Not Maribelle's child!

He's got her attitude though, lol.

"This sword shall always be the sword of the oppressed. I swear it again now!"

3DS Friend Code: 1778-9775-6886

e-love

So the children aren't random? Looks wise or name wise?

Kjelle's face looks like Sully and her hair looks like Vaike so.

Also. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but I didn't even know one of the paralogue's had to do with Sully meeting her child. I just so happened to enter the mission, and I had Sully talk to her (child) since I thought we needed someone to recruit her. It was all a bit of a surprise for me.

SkywardLink98

@Emaan

The child is determined by the mother, and inherits their hair color from the dad (Check the wiki, they all have different looks) and some reclassing options from him aswell. And if the support system isn't in the next Fire Emblem, I'm not getting it :/

GuardianKing

So I finished Chapter 11 (?) and out of nowhere, Chrom and Sully got married.... WHAT?! How does that even...? Why?! There's barely any interaction between the two to even suggest a romance. They talk about their journey together, but there's too much tell and almost no show.

I thought for sure he's marry Sumia or something... Can someone explain why that just happened to me?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Void

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

So I finished Chapter 11 (?) and out of nowhere, Chrom and Sully got married.... WHAT?! How does that even...? Why?! There's barely any interaction between the two to even suggest a romance. They talk about their journey together, but there's too much tell and almost no show.

I thought for sure he's marry Sumia or something... Can someone explain why that just happened to me?

Sully had a higher support level.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

GuardianKing

Void wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

But I never used her or Sumia before....

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Void

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Void wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

But I never used her or Sumia before....

Chapter 1, if she fought next to Chrom or Chrom fought next to her = increase support, and if he didn't fight next to any other women(that he could marry.), Sully would have the highest support level.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.