Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,517

LyIa

"if" is only the Japanese title, I don't think we have an official English title yet.

I think this looks set to be better than Awakening, it looks pretty amazing so far. And I can't wait to see if that TCG comes to the west.

all men are kings 👑

20wonders

DreamyViridi wrote:

17wonders wrote:

I still can't get over the fact that this is going to be called "Fire Emblem If". XD

Well, that's just the Japanese title. The English title is still being decided on...

I think they should keep it the same. Then I can continue to mock the title it even though it will be an amazing game. I also found it hilarious that the word "if" was in the newest trailer for Fire Emblem multiple times.

20wonders

Twiglingen

Odds are they are just doing separate releases for Japan and in the West we get both paths on disc no DLC required. The reason I say this is because Iwata and Bill always talked about it like it was a singular game but guess we shall see. The "Third Path" DLC will probably be payed extra after launch though.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

CaviarMeths

17wonders wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

17wonders wrote:

I still can't get over the fact that this is going to be called "Fire Emblem If". XD

Well, that's just the Japanese title. The English title is still being decided on...

I think they should keep it the same. Then I can continue to mock the title it even though it will be an amazing game. I also found it hilarious that the word "if" was in the newest trailer for Fire Emblem multiple times.

Not the first time "If" has been used for a title.

Persona is arguably a successor of "Shin Megami Tensei: If..." which was inspired by and named after the surrealist British film "If..." about hazing in an all boys' private school.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

20wonders

CaviarMeths wrote:

17wonders wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

17wonders wrote:

Not the first time "If" has been used for a title.

Persona is arguably a successor of "Shin Megami Tensei: If..." which was inspired by and named after the surrealist British film "If..." about hazing in an all boys' private school.

I found out yesterday that there was a game called Shin Megami Tensei: If but I didn't know about the surrealist British film called "If...". That's interesting.

20wonders

CaviarMeths

17wonders wrote:

I found out yesterday that there was a game called Shin Megami Tensei: If but I didn't know about the surrealist British film called "If...". That's interesting.

It's OK. Not amazing, but it's always interesting to see a young Malcom McDowell acting circles around everyone else on screen. Shame his career is kind of in the crapper these days.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SkywardLink98

So, I'm kind of annoyed over the multiple versions in Japan. Splitting the game up into two parts and charging you for access to the other part is something I'd expect from EA or Ubisoft, not Nintendo. To make it worse, in my opinion, if you download the game, both versions download, but you have to make a permanent decision as to which story you get and then pay for the other. I'm also a little annoyed that they're working on DLC so far from release, but that's not too big of a deal. I hope Nintendo of America doesn't follow this cash-grab pricing system.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

SkywardLink98

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So basically the big draw of this game is going to be how your choices effect the out come and the biggest choice, choosing which side you belong to, is basically which version of the game you buy? Did I get that right?

Oh, no, no, no, it's based on whether or not you buy the option to make the choice in the form of the DLC, or purchase the special edition (In short, yeah, the biggest decision is locked behind a paywall).

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

CaviarMeths

SkywardLink98 wrote:

So, I'm kind of annoyed over the multiple versions in Japan. Splitting the game up into two parts and charging you for access to the other part is something I'd expect from EA or Ubisoft, not Nintendo. To make it worse, in my opinion, if you download the game, both versions download, but you have to make a permanent decision as to which story you get and then pay for the other. I'm also a little annoyed that they're working on DLC so far from release, but that's not too big of a deal. I hope Nintendo of America doesn't follow this cash-grab pricing system.

Pokemon?

SkywardLink98

@CaviarMeths
1) Pokemon mostly just separates ~15 pokemon and then allows you to trade. Substantial content isn't locked behind any paywall.
2) I would say that Pokemon's different versions is a cash grab too.

CaviarMeths

SkywardLink98 wrote:

1) Pokemon mostly just separates ~15 pokemon and then allows you to trade. Substantial content isn't locked behind any paywall.

I'm not happy with it either. Just saying there's precedent.

8tM

Think of it less like Pokemon and more like Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages. Two completely separate games but on the same engine with a few similarities.

8tM

SkywardLink98

CaviarMeths wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I'm not happy with it either. Just saying there's precedent.

I would still say this is pushing it too far. Having to trade to get a couple of pokemon, I can live with that. Demanding ~$15 for the rest of the game is another.

Offspring

Awakening had a buttload of DLC so I'm not surprised Intelligent Systems got greedy with it. Hopefully we get both paths free in the west.

Edited on by Offspring

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Retro_on_theGo

I'm not too upset yet, honestly. Just really confused. I don't think Nintendo is going to do the multiple release thing in North America or they would have mentioned it. I doubt it will be DLC either, it'll just be a part of the game. If there is a third path like some people are saying I can see it being DLC and I'd have no problem with that as its most likely a lengthy extra.

unrandomsam

SkywardLink98 wrote:

What should be expected from Nintendo is only the worst parts of other companies practices but delayed by a few years. (Look back and you will find it is true).

For Smash Bros they are copying Capcom's worst but without the advantage of everything being included in the next edition.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

SkywardLink98

Okay, I may have jumped the gun a little. Japan seems to have varying prices for games, anywhere from 4,937 yen to 7,520 yen. Fire Emblem: If is 4700 yen, and the DLC is 2000. Assuming that the average between the games on Amazon.co.jp is the regular price, Fire Emblem: If would be ~$30 and the second campaign would be ~$12. However, this is just hopeful guessing from a Nintendo fanboy, (using Amazon.co.jp prices), so take my word with a grain of salt. Maybe one of our Japanese forum users could tell us the average price?

LzWinky

Twiglingen wrote:

Odds are they are just doing separate releases for Japan and in the West we get both paths on disc no DLC required. The reason I say this is because Iwata and Bill always talked about it like it was a singular game but guess we shall see. The "Third Path" DLC will probably be payed extra after launch though.

Yeah, I don't really see concrete details on how they will release this in the west.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DreamyViridi

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Okay, I may have jumped the gun a little. Japan seems to have varying prices for games, anywhere from 4,937 yen to 7,520 yen. Fire Emblem: If is 4700 yen, and the DLC is 2000. Assuming that the average between the games on Amazon.co.jp is the regular price, Fire Emblem: If would be ~$30 and the second campaign would be ~$12. However, this is just hopeful guessing from a Nintendo fanboy, (using Amazon.co.jp prices), so take my word with a grain of salt. Maybe one of our Japanese forum users could tell us the average price?

Sounds like a job for @Tsuchinoko. He might be able to help.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.