Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 181 to 200 of 2,517

Retro_on_theGo

So Siliconera has info on version differences and it cleared up a lot of confusion for me.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/02/details-differences-two-...

Honestly, it really doesn't sound THAT bad. Especially if each campaign is the size of Awakening. The DLC isn't even being that greedy. It's giving you a cheaper option to buying the second version, which is nice considering how different his will be compared to Pokemon games' differences. Idk, I'll just forget about this until 2016 and we know how this will be handled in the west

DreamyViridi

...I see. So in Japan at least, this FE game's taking a Pokémon approach to things and instead of choosing a difficulty setting before starting, the different kingdoms are the difficulty selects. One's Casual mode, the other's Classic Mode by the sound of things.
Dunno what to make of that tbh. Maybe (with any luck), the game will be handled better for international releases.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LzWinky

The DLC actually sounds like it's worth the purchase. If Siliconera is correct, we're pretty much getting two games' worth of content. I'm willing to pay premium if that's the case

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DreamyViridi

Thinking it through, yeah, the DLC would no doubt be worth it. I guess my issue with it is not the pricing but that it feels like on-disc (cartridge in this case) DLC and we all know that's a big nono. Pun not intended. ^^

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LzWinky

Eh, it still falls under my opinion of DLC: as long as the game itself provides enough content, the DLC will be fine regardless of how it's done.

The digital version sounds like it's "on-disc" while the physical cartridges are separate

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ZurrrrBlattTron

Nintendo fanbase: buys Pokemon X, Y, Alpha Sappire and Omega Ruby with a smile oh their face
Nintendo fanbase: WHAT?!?!? TWOOOOOO VERSIONS OF FIRE EMBLEM!? THIS ISNT LIKE NINTENDO! HOW DARE THEY PULL A EA AND UBISOFT!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

LzWinky

Yeah, silly Nintendo fans. These are actually complete games

Kylo_Ren

Which one will you choose?
Team Nohr
Untitled
or
Team Hoshido
Untitled

Edited on by Kylo_Ren

Kylo_Ren

CaviarMeths

<--- see upper right of my avatar. I've pledged my allegiance.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Wheeler

I choose neither. I follow my own path.

But that Onee-san is quite tempting. ^_^

Wheeler

Sleepingmudkip

I will have to be Team Hoshido because when i have a choice I always pick the path of peace because I always feel bad when i dont.

Edit:I am going to eventually get both because i am a loser.

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Geonjaha

Making the choosing of a side also dictate the difficulty level is a stupid decision. It completely defeats the point of having to make a choice about what side you want. What if someone doesn't want to play under Difficult but also wants to pick Nohr, or vice versa?

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

Nintendo fanbase: buys Pokemon X, Y, Alpha Sappire and Omega Ruby with a smile oh their face
Nintendo fanbase: WHAT?!?!? TWOOOOOO VERSIONS OF FIRE EMBLEM!? THIS ISNT LIKE NINTENDO! HOW DARE THEY PULL A EA AND UBISOFT!

It's a terrible business practice that holds no benefit to the consumer. Pokémon has been like that since the beginning so fans give it a pass. It's still stupid that it exists in Pokémon, but its fans are silly enough to keep eating it up, so they have no reason to stop. I'm pretty sure the people complaining will be those who don't agree with it happening in Pokémon either. Nintendo fans aren't all the same person.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

LzWinky

I choose team Wallet-Killer. I'm getting both

SkywardLink98

Nintendo-Freak04 wrote:

Which one will you choose?
Team Nohr

It depends, from the sounds of it there might not be side missions on the Nohr path, which would be a deal breaker. I'll likely end up purchasing both (assuming they're complete, separate games), so I may start with Hoshido to learn the new mechanics of this game and then do Nohr for my serious playthrough. I may even do them parallel to each other! 1 chapter on Hoshido file, 1 chapter on Nohr file.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Dreamsleep

I don't like how Nintendo wants to DLC up my favorite franchise...seriously...

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

LzWinky

Dreamsleep wrote:

I don't like how Nintendo wants to DLC up my favorite franchise...seriously...

But what if this DLC comes with a much larger game? You pay relative to the content. Does that sound more fair?

Edited on by LzWinky

SkywardLink98

TingLz wrote:

what if

Notsureifintentionaloraccidental.jpg

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

moomoo

Do both versions have the same maps, but with which side of the map you're on different depending on which side you're on? Because if that's the case, making this two versions is an especially crappy move on Nintendo's part.

I mean, it's already a crappy move, but that would make it even more stupid. With Pokemon, you aren't really missing out on anything when you buy just one version, since nearly all of the parts of the other version are accessible through connecting with others. But with this, you'd basically be missing half of the game.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

LzWinky

Eh, if the stories range differently this much, I doubt they'll just use the same maps. There seem to be other differences as well

Storytime7

Splitting this entry in the series into two games did make me less interested, but it doesn't seem too bad after reading more on it. I don't agree with this decision, but the game looks fantastic otherwise. Also, why is everyone comparing this to Pokemon? If these games will be mostly different, then aren't they more like Oracle of Ages/Seasons?

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.