Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 223

Ralizah

@SMEXIZELDAMAN It's a lot more challenging than IV, but yeah, it feels significantly less ambitious. Even EOIII had overworld navigation.

But vanilla EO is still fun.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah I agree as I can never get enough EO but I can't help feeling they took a step back. Glad however they didn't go full on Story mode though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech Me too. I was certain these Untold games were building up to a full story mode EOV, which would have been profoundly disappointing.

Eel

I like the better character customization. The voice clips could be better.

I do think I prefer the EOIV style though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

oninowon

I completed the Council's requirements to gain full access to the labyrinth. Took me about 9 hrs! I like that they took the concept of team-ups from Persona Q and incorporated it into this iteration under "Union" (not hilarious as the characters in Persona Q when they team-up.). There is even more options and customization due to the incorporation of race and race skills.

It is still too early to tell (I'm only about 9 hrs into the game) but I feel they concentrated too much on character customization and neglected most other stuff. At least the exploration aspect of the game seem to be a rehash of EOI & II. This is not to say, I don't like the game because I do. It's just that they reversed the trend to expand the world of this setting.

oninowon

Ralizah

I really don't like the focus on union skills and the fact that it's a lot harder to get by with a traditional class set-up.

And I don't care about the character customization at all. Who cares when we can't even see the characters?

I don't think the exploration is a rehash of EO I and II, though. Even from the beginning, it feels much more puzzle-y. Not to the same degree as Persona Q, but it's definitely the best change in the game so far.

oninowon

Can the old 3DS system read EOV's QR codes? I can't seem to get mine to work.

oninowon

oninowon

@Meowpheel I think what makes it difficult to capture QR codes for this game is due to the screen size of the 3DS XLs. I did find a solution wherein I have to blow up the picture before my 3DS can read it.

oninowon

Oat

Hey is the dlc worth it for this game. From what I understand a lot of it is just portraits for existing classes in the game, fm music, and other things like that

So zetta slow!
3DS Friend code : 0662-8265-1183
NNID: CaptainCharacter
Switch Friend code: SW-6964-7226-0016

Switch Friend Code: SW-6964-7226-0016 | 3DS Friend Code: 0662-8265-1183 | My Nintendo: Oat | Nintendo Network ID: CaptainCharacter

oninowon

Oat wrote:

Hey is the dlc worth it for this game. From what I understand a lot of it is just portraits for existing classes in the game, fm music, and other things like that

In addition to releasing additional class portraits dlc, there are a couple of additional quest dlc releasing too. For me, I could care less of the additional portraits or expediting leveling.

oninowon

oninowon

Meowpheel wrote:

@oninowon yeah no, that doesn't affect anything actually.

If this game has a harder time recognizing codes, it's either the codes or the game.

I read somewhere about the weird way that the 3DS XL stores these codes due to the screen size (don't know where I heard it from though). Also, I was surprised that the way the codes are read are different now than it was when EO III came out.

Anyway I am glad that I found a solution to my original 3DS not being able to read recent QR codes.

oninowon

Spoony_Tech

I've just entered floor 9 and still chugging along. I need to get close to beating this before the onslaught of Switch games hits next Friday.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

oninowon

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I've just entered floor 9 and still chugging along. I need to get close to beating this before the onslaught of Switch games hits next Friday.

What strata is that? Anyway, I just made it to the 3rd floor after completing all the quests for the first two floors. Not sure if I will pick up the Switch at the moment. I'm primarily a PC gamer now and the games out now for the Switch does not get me excited enough to grab one yet. Also, I'm curious to see the successor to the 3DS and may wait for Nintendo to unveil the next portable game system.

oninowon

Spoony_Tech

@oninowon Second as this game has 5 floors per. Getting close to the second boss.

I don't think the 3ds will have a successor now with the Switch's success. If the Switch had not done this well up till now maybe we see one in a year or 2 but I can't see Nintendo dividing their efforts into 2 machines probably ever again. Let's not forget they can always use the mobile market now for those lessor experiences to the major console games. Plus why would they basically compete with themselves again when they already have a handheld out on the market doing well.

Now I can see a dedicated handheld Switch down the line but that will be it.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

MetalKingShield

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I was at the same floor when you typed this, so I'm guessing you've reached 11F now?

The game is great, with more steps forward for the series than I expected. I'm genuinely surprised they've managed to develop the strategy even more in its 5th entry.

MetalKingShield

bitleman

I'm about to begin. Any good team alchemy recommended?

bitleman

Spoony_Tech

@MetalKingShield Nope, still on 9 lol. I get zero gaming in on the weekends but I'm nearing 10 though.

MERG said:

MetalKingShield

@bitleman - Well, I'd definitely have one of each race, with two for the Earthlians.

I have (front row:) Pugilist, Harbinger, Masurao and (back row:) Warlock, Botanist.

Another good team would be (front row:) Pugilist, Masurao and (back row:) Warlock, Dragoon, Botanist or (front row:) Pugilist, Harbinger and (back row:) Warlock, Rover, Botanist.

MetalKingShield

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.