Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 241 to 260 of 875

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

@Tech...its embarassing, I know, but I am level 13-14. I am looking into better equipment and skills.

Just do what the person told you above. Take your defender. Use taunt from the back row. If you have one use your Landsknechts power break to weaken the beast. Keep healing your Fortress and remember to cast those skills every three turns!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

@Tech Thanks! I will put that to test soon.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MERG

FINALLY!!!! (dang Kangaroos)

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

FINALLY!!!! (dang Kangaroos)

Lol. You're at least further then me in the game! I'm still maping out the second floor.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Lol. You're at least further then me in the game! I'm still maping out the second floor.

[/quote]

I may be farther but you beat the kangaroo quicker. I decided to start mapping the cave that the kangaroos are guarding.

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

I may be farther but you beat the kangaroo quicker. I decided to start mapping the cave that the kangaroos are guarding.

[/quote]

Did you scan the qr codes in this topic for the missions in that cave? Might as well since its good experience.

MERG said:

MERG

Did you scan the qr codes in this topic for the missions in that cave? Might as well since its good experience.

[/quote]

Yup I did!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Yup I did!

[/quote]

What do you keep doing to mess up these quotes lol!?

MERG said:

MERG

Tech101 wrote:

Is that better your highness?

Edited on by MERG

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Is that better your highness?

I see you couldn't do that without an edit lol!

MERG said:

MERG

the edit was to add "your highness"...you highness!

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

...you highness!

Maybe old age is just getting to ya! Lol!!

MERG said:

MERG

Tech101 wrote:

MERG wrote:

...you highness!

Maybe old age is just getting to ya! Lol!!

DANG IT!

LittleKing

Just in case no one has posted it yet, this thread has all of the item and quest QR codes. At least, it has all of the ones I know of. Most of them are in the OP, but some on the third and fourth pages haven't made it into the OP yet.

Oh, and for anyone looking to lure FOEs with food, this is what I've found out so far. Most is from memory, some may be incorrect/incomplete. If you don't want to know what lures what and the names of FOEs from the first and second lands, don't read ahead.

• After luring a FOE with food, if you engage them from behind you get a free preemptive turn to set up/attack.
  • Luring a FOE with a food that is poisonous to you and then starting a battle while they consume the food Poisons them for the first several turns of combat. This works great with the Nightseeker's class skills, which greatly boost damage against ailing foes.
  • Bounding Beasts (Kangaroos, Windy Plains) like Carrots from the Windy Plains. They can be poisoned using an Ebony Carrot.
  • Supreme Wings (Hawks, Windy Plains) like Fish from the Windy Plains and possibly Scarlet Pillars.
  • Dream Eaters (Sheep, Scarlet Pillars) like Mushrooms from the Scarlet Pillars.
  • Omnihunters (Flying Insects, Scarlet Pillars) like Birds from the Scarlet Pillars but not from the Windy Plains. They can be poisoned using a Scarlet Emu.
  • Dinogators (Purple Dinosaurs, Scarlet Pillars) like Dream Eaters lured near them from the Scarlet Pillars.
  • Pookas (Flying Bulbs, Everywhere?) like most foods from most regions. Luring them with food flung from the Foodapult is the easiest way to get them to fight you. They give Books, which increase base stats by 1 each, up to 10 points a stat per character.

Below this is a list of items that are made from parts gathered from FOEs, so you know what is worth tracking down and killing. Again, don't read if you want to find out for yourself. Stats follow the convention Name - Type - Usable Classes - [Base Stats] (Forge Effects x Amount).

• Most FOEs drop a single material that is used to make a single weapon or piece of armor at the blacksmith. These items are usually superior to what is available at the time you can first beat the FOE, but usually weaker than the equipment you can get in the next area/at the end of the current area.
  • FOEs seem to have a 100% drop rate for their drops, so there doesn't seem to be a point to eating Crystals or food that increases drop rates. Stick to Meat for physical stats, Birds for magical stats, Plants for status resistance and Fish for elemental resistance.

Map FOEs

• Bounding Beasts (Kangaroos, Windy Plains, drops Kangaroo Fist)
    Fist Shield - Shield - L/F - [DEF + 17] (VITx1)
  • Supreme Wing (Hawks, Windy Plains, drops Huge Feather)
    Quill Boots - Boots - All - [DEF + 10] (AGIx3)
  • Dream Eaters (Sheep, Scarlet Pillars, drops Cursed Wool)
    Cloth Armor - Medium Armor - All excluding R/A - [DEF + 39] (STRIKE RESx2)
  • Omnihunters (Flying Insects, Scarlet Pillars, drops Soft Sickle)
    Harpe - Sword - L/N/D/Lock3 - [ATK + 85] (Stunx2)
  • Dinogators (Purple Dinosaurs, Scarlet Pillars, drops Dinogator Skin)
    Croc Bracers - Gloves - All - [DEF + 16] (VITx1)

Dungeon FOEs (will outline equipment later)

• Nomad Baboon (Baboons, Old Forest Mine, drops Baboon Skin)
  • Furyfawn (Fawns, Small Orchard, drops Fawn Hide type 1 and Fawn Hoof)
  • Furyhorn (Antelopes, Small Orchard and Valley Spring, drops Fawn Hide type 2)
  • Cutter (Bears, Lush Woodlands 2F and etcetera, drops Bear Claw)
  • Bloodbear (Red Bears, Lush Woodlands 3F and etcetera, drops Rending Claw)
  • Greedy Lizard (Red Spotted Green Lizard, Miasma Woods, drops Lizard Back Fin)
  • Giant Moa (Moa, Misty Ravine 2F and 3F, drops Giant Feather[?])
  • Big Moth (Moths, Moth's Garden and Misty Ravine 1F, drops Violet Wing)
  • Spotted Frog (Pink Frogs, Noisy Marsh, drops Spotted Tongue)

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

TsunamiSensei

Found a lone copy at my gamestop! I guess it's a good thing that Radiant Dawn was picked up before I got there.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

TsunamiSensei

@CanisWolfred You should be. Target is keeping you from a truly great game.

Edited on by TsunamiSensei

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

CanisWolfred

BTW, I've been playing Etrian Odyssey 1 to try to tide me over, since I basically did everything in the Demo (except kill a Bounding Beast, which isn't happening). I'm on the third floor now, and this game is simply brutal, to the point where I'd almost consider it unfair. It's also about as much of a grind as I remember, and the dungeon's being pretty much designed to be tedious. I'll try to make it to floor 5 at least, but I'll probably have to switch to EO3 pretty soon after...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

BTW, I've been playing Etrian Odyssey 1 to try to tide me over, since I basically did everything in the Demo (except kill a Bounding Beast, which isn't happening). I'm on the third floor now, and this game is simply brutal, to the point where I'd almost consider it unfair. It's also about as much of a grind as I remember, and the dungeon's being pretty much designed to be tedious. I'll try to make it to floor 5 at least, but I'll probably have to switch to EO3 pretty soon after...

Lol. Just stop playing it now. It was good back then but just doesn't hold up well at all. With the advancements of the newer ones it makes it pretty much unplayable or more unfun. It was a beast after floor 25 too!!

MERG said:

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

I enjoy the sheer, raw brutality of the first game. Sure, there's much swearing to be had, but you feel like a total badass once you're able to conquer a challenge that previously seemed almost impossible.

Have you ever ordered from Amazon? They got the game to me on release day. Amazon is always really good about game pre-orders.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Sorry, this topic has been locked.