Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 261 to 280 of 875

CanisWolfred

I went with Target because I had $50 in gift cards that I was never gonna use otherwise (why don't my relatives just give me cash?).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

I went with Target because I had $50 in gift cards that I was never gonna use otherwise (why don't my relatives just give me cash?).

Gotcha. Sorry about the delay.

The game is perhaps a --bit-- too addictive. I have exams coming up next week, and I actually played this game every spare moment since I got to it late Thursday night.

I'm still a bit weirded out by the whole overworld navigation thing, though. I'd never played EO3, so this is new to me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just played the demo! Wow this game is awesome! The 3D effect is so beautiful. It's like I'm staring through a window into another world. The music is INCREDIBLE! I love that battle theme. I love the battle system too. I want this game nooooow!

Glad you enjoyed it. Problem is you want too many games lol.

I'm sort of stuck. I'm trying to get the item that let's you fly higher. I've been trading like crazy and they just won't give it to me! I'm getting lots of money at lest. The one thing I've noticed this go around is money doesn't seem to be a big problem. Of course that has a bit to do with starting the main game with what money I had left over from the demo. I've also yet to find myself grinding for levels. Also thanks to the demo. I hope we get a demo for SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

The first flight altitude update?

It's in the only cave you can visit right now in the scarlet plains, there's a giant lizard guarding the minning spot.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

I thought you had to trade with the other people on the plains? You only get 10 steps in there. Is that enough?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Tech101 wrote:

I thought you had to trade with the other people on the plains? You only get 10 steps in there. Is that enough?

The whole cave is a puzzle, you'll have to use these 10 steps several times from different places.

Spoilery content ahead!

An Arcanist joined my team as a guest! (the scene was very touching, poor girl, and DAT MUSIC) She makes a great combo with my NightSeeker! I'll totally use one when I finally unlock them.

Also, the poem at the begining talking about the hollow ones clinging to faith and stuff... It's starting to make sense now!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Retro_on_theGo

Tech101 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just played the demo! Wow this game is awesome! The 3D effect is so beautiful. It's like I'm staring through a window into another world. The music is INCREDIBLE! I love that battle theme. I love the battle system too. I want this game nooooow!

Glad you enjoyed it. Problem is you want too many games lol.

Dude, I know. ;~~~~~~~;

Whydoievenbother

Hi guys! Pre-ordered the game, and now i found the forum! so do you have any tips on the berserker king fight?

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

TsunamiSensei

@MrMario02 What's your party?

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

TsunamiSensei

Is it bad I named all of my party members after Fire Emblem characters?

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

slidecage

wow this game is hard .... and many thought the bosses of unchain blades were bad LOL that game all you had to do is level up... this game money is hard to come by (at least for me)

slidecage

CanisWolfred

slidecage wrote:

wow this game is hard .... and many thought the bosses of unchain blades were bad LOL that game all you had to do is level up... this game money is hard to come by (at least for me)

??? All you have to do for money is gather food from the overworld. I always had more money than I ever needed.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

It's finally official over at metacritic! So far we have 2 90s, 1 100, and a 74 score which lands it at 87% like I said before that review with the 74 was actually a positive review. It just ended up being a mixed review on that site. They just review on a 1_5 scale which I hate btw. I'm sure we will see more scores trickle in as more reviewers finish the game. I'm just excited as it finally seems like the series is getting the attention it deserves!!

MERG said:

MERG

@Tech...that's great!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

CanisWolfred

@Tech101 I see you also wrote your own user review.

Anyways, I went ahead and beat the boss in EO1, so now I'm ready to put this game aside, since that's where I always stop in these types of games. EO4 will be different, though. Besides, I'm afraid that if I play anymore, I'll be too burned out to play EO4 once that gets here.

Still waiting for it to ship, though...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

slidecage

CanisWolfred wrote:

slidecage wrote:

??? All you have to do for money is gather food from the overworld. I always had more money than I ever needed.

what is a pain in the butt... i mean who wants to replay a level 100 times just to have enough case to get the new item but hell its something to waste away the time. i need like 15k to get all of the new items it would take me at least 20 walkthough to get that

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

Ernest_The_Crab

MrMario02 wrote:

Hi guys! Pre-ordered the game, and now i found the forum! so do you have any tips on the berserker king fight?

His moveset ALWAYS follows a specific pattern. He normally uses regular attacks. However, I think after 2 turns he starts charging for an "uber" attack that hits the party for considerable damage. Including the turn that he starts charging on, he will attack on the 3rd turn (keep in mind this is including the turn he started charging on). On the 3rd turn it is recommend that you saved your burst gauge to use the party defence burst skill (if you want to be on the safe side, you should defend as well). Following this brutal attack he will always start the next turn with counter so don't attack him with physical skills (NIghtseeker throw attacks seem to count as being physical). Then he repeats the same pattern again: a few attacks->charging->brutal attack->counter.

I had no problem after figuring out his pattern.

Party was Night Seeker->Fortress->Dancer then Medic->Runecaller

Edited on by Ernest_The_Crab

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

oninowon

slidecage wrote:

Make sure to locate all the areas that have the sparkly aura around it. These items that you pick up will usually net you more money than the materials you gain after defeating monsters.

One of the most important aspect to this game is to find the combination of characters/abilities that best fit your style of play. Do you go in guns blazing or do you take the time to setup all your defenses? Are you more of a close and personal fighter or do you prefer to pick them off at a distance? This game is not like D&D where you have to have a balanced party to successfully complete the game (although previous EO games had optional missions that required a certain type of class). Know your play style and gain an understanding of the classes available and you should be fine.

Stay close to the entrance when first starting out. Grind. You can't avoid it in this game.

oninowon

Sorry, this topic has been locked.