3DS Forum

Topic: Downloadable Music and Music channel?

Showing 1 to 20 of 26

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JadeGirl

1. Posted:

I was just thinking why not have it where you can download music store on the 3DS. And a app for you to go to listen to music with some kind of scene while you listen to music kinda like on the PSP. And have it where you can transfer music from computer to 3DS. What do you guys think about this?

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter: FireRoseWolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

blink83

2. Posted:

You can already get music on dsi with the sd card from computer.

BUY SOMETHIN WILL YA!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JadeGirl

3. Posted:

I know that. But I'm saying have a Music channel like SenseMe Channel for PSP. And you just play music on the channel, also have a store like iTunes for music, maybe call it I3DS Music channel.

Untitled

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter: FireRoseWolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

4. Posted:

You can already play music with something similar to SenseMe on the Nintendo DSi. You can even pilot a spaceship as you listen to music or dance with yellow hatching chicks or tap dance among many others things.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peznaze

5. Posted:

Yes, DSi Sound exists, it works, but it's really not adequate. I truly hope 3DS Sound offers more, especially in the way of playlists, sorting by artist, genre, etc... As for downloadable songs, I don't think Nintendo would do that, but a third party might. And sadly, a dedicated 3DSware app would make a difference over importing songs via SD. iTunes absolutely dominates downloadable music, despite the fact that others offer the same content for less money. As Nintendo mentioned, once you say, "You just have to push this button and it's in your music library!", their eyes glaze over and they decide that's too complicated for them and go back to using what they know.

Peznaze

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

6. Posted:

I don't think it will happen due to the costs of licenses and iTunes

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R-L-A-George

7. Posted:

Maybe something like Rhapsody?

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JustYourAverageBleh

8. Posted:

blink83 wrote:

You can already get music on dsi with the sd card from computer.

Yes. That is feasible. However, I think what JadeGirl is trying to say was, what if we could download music over the air. Take the iPod for instance, we can download music just by connecting to a local Wi-Fi network.

Also, this is a god idea however, I don't think Nintendo wouldn't create an online music shop because they aren't really pushing the 3DS as a dedicated music device and they won't get much profit if they did create their own music channel since I think most of us already purchase content from iTunes. Thus, making it pointless for Nintendo to compete with apple in that area.

Edited on by JustYourAverageBleh

It's all fun and games.
Chat on Nintendo Life.
Follow me on Twitter, it's totally free.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

blink83

9. Posted:

Well what they alredy have works for me for now so either dont take it away or make it better and able to play mp3s. Like ^^ You ^^ said I alredy have an ipod and I get music from itunes so I probably wouldnt use nintendos music shop (if they make one) anyway. that is unless they release alot of videogame music whitch I would by all of

BUY SOMETHIN WILL YA!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JadeGirl

10. Posted:

JustYourAverageBleh wrote:

blink83 wrote:

You can already get music on dsi with the sd card from computer.

Yes. That is feasible. However, I think what JadeGirl is trying to say was, what if we could download music over the air. Take the iPod for instance, we can download music just by connecting to a local Wi-Fi network.

Also, this is a god idea however, I don't think Nintendo wouldn't create an online music shop because they aren't really pushing the 3DS as a dedicated music device and they won't get much profit if they did create their own music channel since I think most of us already purchase content from iTunes. Thus, making it pointless for Nintendo to compete with apple in that area.

Your right that is what I'm talking about.

Well not all of us own iPods or a iPod touch cuz I sure don't. My dad owns one but never lets me use it or download stuff, and if Nintendo did this for the 3DS this would make me so happy. It's so lame trying to listen to music on the PSP because when you put it in your pocket it skips the music! And I hate that. Also if Nintendo added to where you were listening to the music and you closed the DS down it would still play the music and you could walk around with no problem.

Let's hope this works. Nintendo listen to your FANS!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter: FireRoseWolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

11. Posted:

That's one area where Nintendo is NOT going to be able to compete with Apple.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JadeGirl

12. Posted:

Well I'm not asking them to compete, I never said I wanted Nintendo to do that, I just want to hear music! And with no problems.

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter: FireRoseWolf

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

13. Posted:

@JadeGirl: but SMF96 has a point -- Nintendo's not going to be able to compete with Apple there, and if such a thing isn't going to be profitable for them, they're not going to be inclined to provide it.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JadeGirl

14. Posted:

@TheBlackDragon, Well Nintendo is a great company and they've beaten Apple after releasing the 3DS and they can beat his iTunes. And I hope they try. We can't just give up because iTunes might be good, we have to encourage Nintendo to doing things if we want them to reach the top A list! Or unless a lot of you guys like Apple better :( cry.

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter: FireRoseWolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

15. Posted:

It's not that difficult a system to use now really. Most music files ARE .aac now anyways, not .mp3's (at least if you get them legally). Itunes will convert your. mp3 files to .aac files easily for free, so that's a non issue. Then just copy the music files you want to an SD card. iTunes songs no longer have drm, so it's not a problem to copy them to an SD card. You can also download music off Amazon, or just rip CDs the old fashioned way. Then it's just copy-paste until you fill your SD card.

I haven't used it, because I have an iPhone, so my DSi SD card is for games only. You can also get fairly cheap non-apple mp3 players that work the same way, but may be better than a DSi since they're just for music. I really don't see a point in them opening up a music store to compete with iTunes, Amazon, and Zune. That'd be a lot of legwork to get licenses and deals with record companies that could be spent on games. They also couldn't come up with a computer interface that works much better than iTunes and iTunes will do everything you need with your music besides put it on the SD card for you, so I don't see the problem. It would be nice if you can play music during sleep mode (can you?).

It's not about liking Apple better. Apple does better with music. That's been it's focus for a while with the iPod. Nintendo is about games. They are trying to make their DSi's do more, but they aren't trying to make them "do it all" devices. They're focusing on gaming first, with other media being add-on possibilities if you can't afford an iPod too. iPod (espcially the iTouch/iPhone) are more music/media players and are focused on being the best at that and will also do gaming if you don't want a dedicated device for that.

tl;dr Putting music on a DSi is easy enough with iTunes which is already free. Getting it's own music store would be a lot of effort for a company that only does games, and it would enter an already crowded market. iPods are media players that can play games. Nintendo's are game machines that can act as a media player.

Edited on by Token_Girl

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

armoredghor

16. Posted:

@Jade Girl I know Nintendo is good. Nobody on this site will argue with that and they don't have the resources to compete with companies like Apple and Microsoft. Microsoft tried to fight Apple and fell flat (in mp3 players). They have a cult following right now in the music field. It's really hard to compete with it without another major music company backing nintendo up. They'd need something like rhapsody or napster to effectively compete.

Edited on by armoredghor

armoredghor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

17. Posted:

Nintendo is not going to try and develop a music shop. Massive waste of resources to pull it directly into competition with Apple.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JadeGirl

18. Posted:

I still believe they can. I mean Nintendo gets along with Apple just fine. The Droid is beating the iPhone, the maker didn't say oh no we can't try and beat Apple we will be doomed!

@Token Girl, Yeah it would be awesome if you could listen to music while your PSP is in sleep mode!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter: FireRoseWolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grenworthshero

19. Posted:

armoredghor wrote:

Microsoft tried to fight Apple and fell flat (in mp3 players). They have a cult following right now in the music field.

I am one of them. I used to have an iPod, but I got tired of everything Apple and the pretentious crowd, but mostly I just despise iTunes.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
***
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

20. Posted:

JadeGirl wrote:

I still believe they can. I mean Nintendo gets along with Apple just fine. The Droid is beating the iPhone, the maker didn't say oh no we can't try and beat Apple we will be doomed!

@Token Girl, Yeah it would be awesome if you could listen to music while your PSP is in sleep mode!

What?

1) This has nothing to do with whether Nintendo and Apple get along, it's whether Nintendo can compete with Apple.

You're asking a video game company (remember, unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo can't do anything else but make video games and Hanafuda cards) to go through an incredibly time consuming and expensive process of negotiating with music publishers, setting up a secure online store (which has a massive datacentre requirement attached to it), and then going out and promoting it, from scratch, to try and compete with a company that already does all this.

That's business suicide. You're saying you would like Nintendo to drive itself out of business.

2) The 'Droid' is not one phone. It is an operating system that other phone manufacturers can use. Just like how Windows is not a PC, it's the operating system that HP, Dell, Acer, Asus, Toshiba etc etc use to make PCs, Droid is used by phone makers to make their phones.

And the reason that those 'Droid' companies decided to compete with Apple is that it wasn't from scratch. The companies already had the existing relationships with Google (the ones behind the Android platform), they already had the technological know-how to make a phone - or in many cases (LG, Samsung), were already in the phone business. Relatively speaking, it wasn't so expensive to produce for them.

Once again, you're asking Nintendo to start a music business from scratch to try and compete with what is for all intents and purposes a monopoly.

I would suggest you just go an buy and iPhone/ iPad/ iPod, because I can promise you, Nintendo is not that stupid.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

Sorry, this topic has been locked.