Forums

Topic: Code Name: STEAM

Posts 141 to 160 of 362

aomayo77

That's the problem. I like/want the pin, but I'm still not sure how I feel about this game.

aomayo77

SammyMigol

Will we be able to play code name steam with 100% buttons only? This includes switching characters and everything, no touch screen.

Thank you in advance if you know this answer.

SammyMigol

DefHalan

SammyMigol wrote:

Will we be able to play code name steam with 100% buttons only? This includes switching characters and everything, no touch screen.

Thank you in advance if you know this answer.

I am not sure, I have not played it. Do you not like the touch screen?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SammyMigol

Unfortunately I do not care for the touch screen. I'm really hoping someone will know if I can use the buttons only. I enjoy the handheld Nintendo systems and would like to see this option.

SammyMigol

Spoony_Tech

I don't think that info has ever been released. I'm sure it will be mostly buttons but even Fire Emblem also used mostly buttons if you so choose.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dreamsleep

cookiex wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Gamestop seems to be distributing demo codes for this game!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=977876

Cool. Hope it's not just GameStop exclusive.

Of course it is, that's how these things work. It's how Xenoblade was exclusive to Gamestop. Why, I'll never know...can't stand that retail chain of vampires with a passion.

Hopefully, the demo will be out about a month before release...that does seem a tad early, though. Maybe they are trying to really promote this game in new ways. One would hope the public demo is out not too long after the private code one....

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

cookiex

Rated T for blood, fantasy violence and mild suggestive themes.

PaxSouth posters

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Spoony_Tech

I'm surprised that poster doesn't say New 3ds XL.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dreamsleep

cookiex wrote:

Rated T for blood, fantasy violence and mild suggestive themes.

Untitled

Scarecrow! I can't tell the other two that I didn't know about, Que-something? Nevermind, I got it! Queequeg, from Moby Dick! Tattooed cannibal, lol. Randolph Carter is a character in many of H.P. Lovecraft stories. I am guessing the Fox is from Native American folk tales.

Tiger Lily - Randolph Carter! - Tom Sawyer - Queequeg - Scarecrow
Henry Fleming - John Henry - Lion - The Fox

I'm so pumped for the 13th of March.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Sleepingmudkip

YES! John Henry in the game. You dont understand how happy i am at the fact he is in this game.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Dreamsleep

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

YES! John Henry in the game. You dont understand how happy i am at the fact he is in this game.

One of the many reasons I love this game. These old stories are quickly becoming lost to most people...great time to re-introduce these characters, and spur some reading.

Dreamsleep

http://icdn1.digitaltrends.com/image/code-name-steam_0015-2-1...

This shows that the game has 12 characters, and then the 4 amiibo character slots, for a total of 16. We know 9 from the poster above. Calling it now, Tin Man, Dorothy, and Abraham Lincoln are unlockable characters!

shingi_70

Why John Henry gotta have a Metal Arm. That's so stereotypical .

No Peter Pan?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MetalMario

My gosh, I got the demo, and it is fantastic.

First of all, it's a very good sized demo. I've played 6 mission segments so far, and I stopped before starting the next one. The demo saves your progress, so I'll do it later today.

The cutscenes look really good and the developers did a good job of making it feel like a comic book.

During actual gameplay, you have many options during your turn. Although movement is free, there is still a grid like pattern on the ground that dictates when you lose a segment of steam while moving. If you move on to a square, and then move back, you get that segment of steam back, so you should explore all of your possible moves before making an action. Moving in certain ways is permanent, though, such as jumping down from a ledge. There are items on the ground, and so far, this is what I've seen of them.

Medals - The game's currency. Picking one of these up is not a permanent move, so you can pick up an out of the way medal, and then go back to your original position without losing steam. Medals can be used at save points to fully restore one or all of your party members' steam and health, and when you choose to do this, if at all, is crucial, as medals are also used for upgrades. Each mission has three segments, and these also determine how much you spend on the refills. In the first segment, it costs 10 and 100 medals to refill one or all of your members, respectively. The next are 20 and 200, respectively. Refills and saves are a one-time use per save station.

Health Packs - Contrary to medals, picking up one of these is permanent, meaning you can't pick these up and go back to cover without losing steam. They can come as singles or packs of 3. Packs of 3 typically fully restore your health.

Steam Tanks - Same thing as health packs, only they provide steam.

Gears - I haven't used these yet but apparently they upgrade your boiler.

Other objects on the map:

Television Screens: In addition to providing helpful tips, these also refill a single party member's steam tank once.

Breakable and Pushable objects: These objects provide cover, but can also be destroyed. Some boxes are pushable cover. There are also boxes that contain items. Pushable cover boxes also contain items.

And of course, there are save points.

The Overwatch mechanic is also pretty dang cool. If you end your turn with enough steam leftover to shoot your weapon (provided it's overwatch compatible), you can shoot any aliens that cross your line of sight during the aliens' turn. This may also stun them and leave them immobile for the rest of that alien's turn. Aliens can also use Overwatch, so if an alien doesn't move during their turn, don't cross sight with them, or you will take damage and may get stunned.

It's sometimes hard to spot some enemies, so you should try to find some vantage points and take things slow. If you go in guns blazin' you will most likely get surrounded, as alien reinforcements sometimes come in unexpectedly.

You get to play as Henry Fleming, John Henry, and Tiger Lily, as well as one other character they didn't mention the name of in the demo.

Medals and other upgrades you receive are transferable to the full game. After playing the demo, I'm sold on the game. Intelligent Systems did a great job on this game.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Spoony_Tech

@MetalMario How did you get the code? I just got off the phone with my Gamestop and they said all they got was codes for the staff.

MERG said:

MetalMario

My brother works there and he gave me his code.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Spoony_Tech

Well that's good to know as I really would like some codes Nintendo. I hope they do at the very least a limited club Nintendo even if it's not ideal.

@MetalMario Does the demo have any multiplayer? Also how's the 3ds look?

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.