Forums

Topic: Code Name: STEAM

Posts 161 to 180 of 362

MetalMario

There is no multiplayer. I think the game looks great on my regular 3DS.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Spoony_Tech

Thanks for all the replies!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MetalMario

No problem!

I'm sure the demo will be publicly released at some point. It does release 2 months from now.

MetalMario

Spoony_Tech

Oh and thanks for the detailed review!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralek85

@MetalMario If I had needed any convincing, this would have certainly done the job!
Just one more question, how does the game look in 3D mode? Is it "worth" turning up the slider? How does it fit with the artstyle (FE was amazing, but 3D was rather lackluster)?
I'm thinking about getting a New3DS for the "super-stable 3D", since I love the 3D for quite a few games, but it's just so annoying for any little movement to break the illusion. If S.T.E.A.M. were a game that should be played with the slider up, that would certainly further entice me to upgrade to a N3DSXL sooner rather than later!

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

MetalMario

@Spoony_Tech: You're welcome!

@Ralek85: 3D actually looks pretty good, and I think it works with the art style. I'm going to buy this game at release, but I may wait to play it on a New 3DS as well, for the amiibo support.

I'm starting the second mission now. Before you start missions you can change sub weapons and boilers. (Though boiler changes don't appear to be in the demo.) The fourth character is Lion, predictably.

MetalMario

MetalMario

Ok, it only allows you to play the first segment of Chapter 2, so 7 levels in all in the demo.

Lion's Lion Launcher helps you reach new areas, and Tiger Lily's Medi-Mortar allows you to heal friendlies from cover.

Subweapons take different amounts of Steam, and it seems most of them can Overwatch. Switching to your subweapon before ending the turn is a good idea.

Enemies have a pink glowing weakpoint. Hitting here doubles your damage, but in the case of some weapons, the damage is multiplied by more.

In addition to Medals transferring to the full game, you'll also get a unique weapon.

One last thing, the music is great!

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Dreamsleep

MetalMario wrote:

My gosh, I got the demo, and it is fantastic.

First of all, it's a very good sized demo. I've played 6 mission segments so far, and I stopped before starting the next one. The demo saves your progress, so I'll do it later today.

Not reading, not reading, not reading, OMG I WANT THIS GAME!

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Donalp15

Demo is out in Europe guys. Yay!

FC 0516 7736 7877

Spoony_Tech

Please, please come out here!

MERG said:

Grumblevolcano

Demo is out in North America on the eshop!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

Playing it now!

Loving the art style. Works really well for the 3ds! I almost feel like I'm watching an old Batman show.

Guess I'll keep editing till someone else posts lol. Cpp works people on the demo.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

cookiex

The demo was longer than I had anticipated, even if it is only four maps.

Gameplay was promising, though I hope in the final game there's a way to speed up enemy movement since the aliens take some time to make their move.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Spoony_Tech

cookiex wrote:

The demo was longer than I had anticipated, even if it is only four maps.

Gameplay was promising, though I hope in the final game there's a way to speed up enemy movement since the aliens take some time to make their move.

I think what you played was the first part of the game. The enemies were purposely not moving because they were in line of sight mode. Cross that then they will attack. In some cases you need to work around that almost puzzle like.

MERG said:

Klimbatize

This seems like a game I will wind up sinking a ton of time into. Going to check the demo out tonight.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Spoony_Tech

I'm getting a strong Ghost Recon Shadow Wars vibe from this Only in 3d.

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Might try the demo out at some point, didn't even know a demo was out until I saw someone on my friend list playing it. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ralizah

Booted up the demo half an hour ago and I am so impressed! I just ordered a CPP for MH4U but I will definitely try it out with this, as it has to better than aiming with the face buttons.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TeeJay

I tried out the demo and....eh?

I may buy it eventually, but it's not a priority. I'd say if there's a good sale I'd get it.

I would say the Fire Emblem amiibo compatibility is a reason to consider it, but it's virtually impossible to get any of them so there's no point

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

yokokazuo

Not sure what to think about it yet. And the camera controls seem too sensitive, at least with the circle pad pro. I'll probably just not use the CPP for this. Kind of hate that the only button for shooting is L, I think it would be more comfortable using one of the Z buttons if the CPP is connected or maybe R. (Unless that has a different function, I'm only a couple missions in)

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.