Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 341 to 360 of 923

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

Guess it's just me then, because I've seen nothing but happiness for both those games. I'm one of the very few that doesn't really like 3D world, but everyone else seems in love with it. Even Wooly World everyone seems really happy with it. Another example would be Hyrule Warriors. I don't think I've seen much dislike for that game either. I would definitely argue that the Wii U isn't divisive among its owners when it comes to the software.

Among Wii U owners? Maybe. Among the entire Nintendo fanbase? Not so much.

I'd disagree.

Also I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that FF is online co-op enabled. Blast Ball is 3 v 3, I doubt they'd expect 6 friends to get together locally for it. If by some horrible stupid mistake it's not, then the game doesn't even deserve my recognition.

I am pretty sure they confirmed Online Play, but now I am disappointed that LBX won't have Online.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tbh, this is one of the only games I'm buying because of brand name in any way. If it'll keep Metroid around, fine.

I mean, I'd be surprised if Next Level Games meets Metroid Prime is somehow not good so that helps.

If anything, you should buy Prime Trilogy if you're going to vote with your wallet. Buying FF just because you want to keep Metroid alive isn't going to work, that's just going to encourage Nintendo to make more FF games and not necessarily any Prime games.

I don't think buying a second hand copy will tell Nintendo anything...

Prime Trilogy is on the Wii U eShop, you don't have to get it second hand.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tbh, this is one of the only games I'm buying because of brand name in any way. If it'll keep Metroid around, fine.

I mean, I'd be surprised if Next Level Games meets Metroid Prime is somehow not good so that helps.

If anything, you should buy Prime Trilogy if you're going to vote with your wallet. Buying FF just because you want to keep Metroid alive isn't going to work, that's just going to encourage Nintendo to make more FF games and not necessarily any Prime games.

I don't think buying a second hand copy will tell Nintendo anything...

Prime Trilogy is on the Wii U eShop, you don't have to get it second hand.

I already purchased it and all VC Metroid titles... what am I supposed to do to show support for Metroid?

Araquanid

Voting with your wallet won't say anything.. you can't say a game sucks by not even trying it out in the first place, the only thing that will vote will be the reviews from critics the game actually gets. If the reviews sound good, then buy and try the game, but voting with your wallet isn't proving anything unless you know the content in and out from let's plays or critics.

Fact is, the game is in development, end of story. If it's not a good metroid title, let IGN, metacritic, who ever chime in and handle that.. but acting like a little kid pushing the meatloaf away at the dinner table isn't showing anything, but selfish and childish "it's not what I wanted" attitude.

Suddenly buying prime trilogy will show we want a new metroid prime? You got it, and it may not be in the formula you wanted, but there's the "Metroid Prime" that you showed sales for.. For all we know the next prime game could flop even worse, a dead franchise is a dead franchise.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Socar

@MegaBeedrill: Tell me about it.

But in defense, atleast Nintendo makes a quality game with minimum bugs and glitches. When is the last time you have seen a mediocre game with no bugs in it? Yeah, its been a LONG time has it?

But that being said, I've seen footage of it and its looks like a fun game. yeah, the visuals aren't as atmospheric as what Metroid is suppose to be but I guess I have to take Tanabe-san's word and see how it feels like when I get it.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Voting with your wallet won't say anything.. you can't say a game sucks by not even trying it out in the first place, the only thing that will vote will be the reviews from critics the game actually gets. If the reviews sound good, then buy and try the game, but voting with your wallet isn't proving anything unless you know the content in and out from let's plays or critics.

Fact is, the game is in development, end of story. If it's not a good metroid title, let IGN, metacritic, who ever chime in and handle that.. but acting like a little kid pushing the meatloaf away at the dinner table isn't showing anything, but selfish and childish "it's not what I wanted" attitude.

Suddenly buying prime trilogy will show we want a new metroid prime? You got it, and it may not be in the formula you wanted, but there's the "Metroid Prime" that you showed sales for.. For all we know the next prime game could flop even worse, a dead franchise is a dead franchise.

I see what you're saying but let me ask this... What do you see is so good about this game so far? What's making you so hyped and excited and wanting to defend this game??? Well? Honest question here. Is a 4 player shooter game on 3DS so appealing or what?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Offspring

@Blast: How come it's okay for you to criticize a game you're not interested in but when someone criticizes a game you're interested in, like when I rightfully say Super Terrific Happy Hour X Fire Emblem looks terrible and is a disgrace to the Fire Emblem IP, you whine that there are negative posts in the thread??? You can't play on both sides of the fence.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Araquanid

Legitimate question, but it isn't that the game looks super appealing to me currently.. it's the game's final ending potential which has me hyped for a new metroid game. We don't know what this game has to offer, we just know what the beta and demo has to offer, not exactly a valid view of the full game.

Another question, why is everybody bashing this game based on a 2 minute or less trailer, one mini game that pretty much looks like a down graded, highly popular rocket league (to be fair, rocket league came out later), and the lack of gameplay.. when we only played a demo? It's the same scenario, you could say "No samus, chibi graphics, bad graphics, linear gameplay.." but in reality, this could turn out ok in the end.. art style changes could work like Wind Waker or Skyward Sword from Twilight Princess's realistic art style, and graphics can be fixed up (see MP3 beta debug, or Star Fox Zero looking better and better). Linear gameplay and lack of exploration is something we can't exactly identify until it's release.. and no samus is irrelevant when halo did something similar with ODST and even Reach without Chief and it worked, pikmin 3 without Olimar (just a character, like samus will be in FF), and probably a few more. You can say "we waited for too long only for a spin off" but that means nothing to me when I expected the franchise to be dead by now. For me it's a case of: "It wasn't going to happen, but here you go, take it over nothing."

The issue I'm having is the reception the game is recieving now, my stance, is to give this game a legitimate try. If I hate it when I make the full playthrough, Ok, it was bad.. but if I love it, then that means a lot of people bashed it too early to give the game the reception it deserves.

TL;DR I'm hyped for how the game COULD turn out to be, not what it IS at the moment. Unappealing yes, but I look at the game's future, not the present beta. If I'm wrong and it sucks in the end, ok, my opinion changes.. still everything was blown out of proportion, but the game didn't bring to the table anything good. If I'm right and it is good, then it just becomes a severely underrated game that earned a pointless reputation of causing Nintendo's most over dramatic reception in history.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blast

OlicityBlows wrote:

@Blast: How come it's okay for you to criticize a game you're not interested in but when someone criticizes a game you're interested in, like when I rightfully say Super Terrific Happy Hour X Fire Emblem looks terrible and is a disgrace to the Fire Emblem IP, you whine that there are negative posts in the thread??? You can't play on both sides of the fence.

That's a totally different situation. Metroid's situation and SMT X FE are not the same. Not. At. All.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Legitimate question, but it isn't that the game looks super appealing to me currently.. it's the game's final ending potential which has me hyped for a new metroid game. We don't know what this game has to offer, we just know what the beta and demo has to offer, not exactly a valid view of the full game.

Another question, why is everybody bashing this game based on a 2 minute or less trailer, one mini game that pretty much looks like a down graded, highly popular rocket league (to be fair, rocket league came out later), and the lack of gameplay.. when we only played a demo? It's the same scenario, you could say "No samus, chibi graphics, bad graphics, linear gameplay.." but in reality, this could turn out ok in the end.. art style changes could work like Wind Waker or Skyward Sword from Twilight Princess's realistic art style, and graphics can be fixed up (see MP3 beta debug, or Star Fox Zero looking better and better). Linear gameplay and lack of exploration is something we can't exactly identify until it's release.. and no samus is irrelevant when halo did something similar with ODST and even Reach without Chief and it worked, pikmin 3 without Olimar (just a character, like samus will be in FF), and probably a few more. You can say "we waited for too long only for a spin off" but that means nothing to me when I expected the franchise to be dead by now. For me it's a case of: "It wasn't going to happen, but here you go, take it over nothing."

The issue I'm having is the reception the game is recieving now, my stance, is to give this game a legitimate try. If I hate it when I make the full playthrough, Ok, it was bad.. but if I love it, then that means a lot of people bashed it too early to give the game the reception it deserves.

TL;DR I'm hyped for how the game COULD turn out to be, not what it IS at the moment. Unappealing yes, but I look at the game's future, not the present beta. If I'm wrong and it sucks in the end, ok, my opinion changes.. still everything was blown out of proportion, but the game didn't bring to the table anything good. If I'm right and it is good, then it just becomes a severely underrated game that earned a pointless reputation of causing Nintendo's most over dramatic reception in history.

Wow. Substitute a few words and suddenly you're making a case that Animal Crossing Amiibo Party deserves a chance. I understand what you're saying, though.

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

@Blast: It kinda feels like you are just trying to pick fights with people...

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

@Blast: It kinda feels like you are just trying to pick fights with people...

Sorry, sorry. That's not intentional.

Master of the Hype Train

Araquanid

I'm turned off by anything that needs amiibo support, that's something we already know.. the game is like mario party with amiibos, without any minigames. A monoply game isn't up my alley personally.. but I'm biased on the actual title since I never touched an animal crossing game before. What I do know is the gameplay is completely different from all animal crossings, while metroid on the other hand, the game is still holding the FPS shooter gameplay relate-able to MP hunters, just with different characters, weapons, and maps... animal crossing just made a title with a completely different gameplay style that seems boring for anybody who doesn't play mario party of monoply on a regular basis. I'd still give the game a chance fwiw, but meh, I'm just not interested in it for the actual genre on top of never being a AC fan in general.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

TuVictus

MegaBeedrill wrote:

While I agree with your overall message, I think comparing this to ODST or Pikmin is a bit of a stretch. Both of those games remained loyal to the gameplay that people had grown to love. ODST it was the first person shooting and what not. For Pikmin 3 it was the management of the pikmin and level exploration for treasure.

FF seems to be a departure from what people loved about Metroid: its solitude and atmosphere. And it's mission based. So it is looking to be pretty different from other titles in the franchise off the bat. Not that it's bad, but I just wouldn't choose ODST or Pikmin as a point of comparison.

TuVictus

Araquanid

Obviously there won't be exact comparisons for anything, but aside from that; personally I don't think solitude was exactly the big factor in metroid, and if it was, then people must've seriously forgotten the luminoth (Echoes), GF (MP3, Other M, to some degree; fusion), Computer Adam (Fusion) and if I want to stretch this, the other hunters (MP3/MPH) to exist.

The only time I ever felt solitude in metroid, was the first game, metroid II, and prime 1, cause there is no contact with anybody at all. Samus signals and works with the GF in MP3 and Other M. Prime 2 has some solitude, but knowing the luminoth are alive, it feels more like you're just fighting in a war for a losing race in refuge. (Atleast that's the vibe I got). Fusion, a lot of people forget samus actually has contact with the GF the entire time.. infact she had to blow the station up so that they DON'T come and get infected, sure it was part of killing the parasite.. but what triggered the urgency is the GF being on their way to harvest them.

Hunter's is me stretching it, I guess since everybody is out to kill you, then it might be solitude, but if we're talking about the lonely atmosphere, you're not really alone, just everybody hates your guts.

We also don't know how the single player will be in MPFF, could copy the type of atmosphere corruption had, where you got contact, but are alone to do your own thing.

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Thing is that with the game's initial reveal, they're supposed to convey the game's premise, we're supposed to know what the general game is like. It's highly unlikely that they're going to suddenly come out a few months from now and say "this is what the game is really about", because then the game becomes a lightningrod for hate and that's bad for marketing. And even if the main gameplay wasn't ready, then it wasn't smart for them to reveal it this early in the first place. So they need to show the fanbase what they want right off the bat or else it shows that they don't value fan reception and the game is not being designed with their needs in mind (they're either a peripheral demographic or not being targeted at all).

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Obviously there won't be exact comparisons for anything, but aside from that; personally I don't think solitude was exactly the big factor in metroid, and if it was, then people must've seriously forgotten the luminoth (Echoes), GF (MP3, Other M, to some degree; fusion), Computer Adam (Fusion) and if I want to stretch this, the other hunters (MP3/MPH) to exist.

The only time I ever felt solitude in metroid, was the first game, metroid II, and prime 1, cause there is no contact with anybody at all. Samus signals and works with the GF in MP3 and Other M. Prime 2 has some solitude, but knowing the luminoth are alive, it feels more like you're just fighting in a war for a losing race in refuge. (Atleast that's the vibe I got). Fusion, a lot of people forget samus actually has contact with the GF the entire time.. infact she had to blow the station up so that they DON'T come and get infected, sure it was part of killing the parasite.. but what triggered the urgency is the GF being on their way to harvest them.

Hunter's is me stretching it, I guess since everybody is out to kill you, then it might be solitude, but if we're talking about the lonely atmosphere, you're not really alone, just everybody hates your guts.

We also don't know how the single player will be in MPFF, could copy the type of atmosphere corruption had, where you got contact, but are alone to do your own thing.

The point being that Samus had to do everything herself. The music and atmosphere of the games just lend itself to that feeling of loneliness. Yes, the Luminoth were a thing (literally only 1 of them), but you say him probably 3 times in the whole game just go get access to new areas. That's how it is in any Metroid game with interaction. Communication with anyone is minimal. Let's also not forget the phenomenal environmental story telling that the Prime games are famous for. With no scan function, FF will have to adopt the direct method of giving us details about the universe. Which is fair, it's just a shame this is the Prime game we're getting instead of Metroid Prime 4

Are we even sure there's going to be a single player? All I read was that we'd be able to play the missions alone or with other people. So the same missions and gameplay, just alone instead of with 3 other people.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Araquanid

They confirmed single player, but I don't know how different it is from Multiplayer.

I don't see how the ice beast mission would be possible in single player, and the game looks way too difficult for one player to handle all the pirates in the other mission. There has to be something different, and hopefully it isn't just nerfing the multiplayer missions.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Thing is that with the game's initial reveal, they're supposed to convey the game's premise, we're supposed to know what the general game is like. It's highly unlikely that they're going to suddenly come out a few months from now and say "this is what the game is really about", because then the game becomes a lightningrod for hate and that's bad for marketing. And even if the main gameplay wasn't ready, then it wasn't smart for them to reveal it this early in the first place. So they need to show the fanbase what they want right off the bat or else it shows that they don't value fan reception and the game is not being designed with their needs in mind (they're either a peripheral demographic or not being targeted at all).

Also didn't help that nintendo's direct and E3 in general was poorly presented.. say this got revealed last E3, it would've earned more wows probably.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Also didn't help that nintendo's direct and E3 in general was poorly presented.. say this got revealed last E3, it would've earned more wows probably.

No it wouldn't have, my point is that the content wouldn't have earned wows at all regardless of what they did. It might have been inoffensive (or at least until they inevitably revealed they're not working on Prime 4, which would attract a lot more hate towards the game), but it certainly wouldn't wow people. But either way, the game just isn't very appealing to the fanbase at all, the idea (or at least the execution of the idea) is simply unappealing.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

No it wouldn't have, my point is that the content wouldn't have earned wows at all regardless of what they did. It might have been inoffensive (or at least until they inevitably revealed they're not working on Prime 4, which would attract a lot more hate towards the game), but it certainly wouldn't wow people. But either way, the game just isn't very appealing to the fanbase at all, the idea (or at least the execution of the idea) is simply unappealing.

I think if a console Metroid game was announced along with FF people would have been more receptive of FF. I know I am excited for FF but understand others aren't.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.