Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 321 to 340 of 923

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

Compare that to the New Super Mario Bros games where it's almost universally agreed that those games have overstayed their welcome, and need to change to stay interesting. I've seen many games that have more supporters than critics. Take a look at Fallout 4, or Skyrim. Pretty much any Bethesday game. Even in the Nintendo community, we have overwhelming positive reactions to most of the games they announce. Wooly World is a recent one. 3D World as well.

3D World and Woolly World didn't have "overwhelmingly positive" reactions.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

anyone mad at this game is missing the point. Period. You should be mad that they are not making a new main Metroid Prime game post-2007 despite literally NO ONE in the game industry making a Metroid Prime-like game. Honestly first person gaming has partially failed because Metroid Prime hasn't been a massively influential title.

That's part of it, but a co-op FPS in small arena-like areas also isn't a good use of the Metroid brand name.

Maybe but it would be a fine change of pace if there was something closer to what people like Metroid being focused on as well. I want my favorite series to try all the cool things it can, don't limit to it. If it doesn't work oh well, we'll just wait for the next one. That was my opinion of Other M until I realized how long it was taking to get a new Metroid.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

Operative wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

Compare that to the New Super Mario Bros games where it's almost universally agreed that those games have overstayed their welcome, and need to change to stay interesting. I've seen many games that have more supporters than critics. Take a look at Fallout 4, or Skyrim. Pretty much any Bethesday game. Even in the Nintendo community, we have overwhelming positive reactions to most of the games they announce. Wooly World is a recent one. 3D World as well.

Then you and I live in different dimensions because I'd be hard pressed to find a group of people who have bad things to say about either of them aside from "too easy" or "not galaxy". If you're talking about 3D world's reception when it was revealed, that was limited to the disappointing graphics, which were improved. Now it's heralded as one of the best platformers ever created. As much as I disagree with that sentiment.

I haven't seen a lot of negativity about Yoshi's Woolly World, but I haven't seen a lot of positivity either. The reception seems to amount to "meh, another 2D platformer". As for 3D World, I've seen a lot of positivity for that game (undeserved positivity, but positivity nonetheless), but also a lot of people who didn't want another generic linear platformer like NSMB and 3D Land. There is definitely not universal praise for either. In fact, aside from Splatoon I don't think there's much if anything Nintendo's done this generation that was universally liked, the lineup as a whole is very divisive.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

anyone mad at this game is missing the point. Period. You should be mad that they are not making a new main Metroid Prime game post-2007 despite literally NO ONE in the game industry making a Metroid Prime-like game. Honestly first person gaming has partially failed because Metroid Prime hasn't been a massively influential title.

That's part of it, but a co-op FPS in small arena-like areas also isn't a good use of the Metroid brand name.

Maybe but it would be a fine change of pace if there was something closer to what people like Metroid being focused on as well. I want my favorite series to try all the cool things it can, don't limit to it. If it doesn't work oh well, we'll just wait for the next one. That was my opinion of Other M until I realized how long it was taking to get a new Metroid.

That's one option, but if FF itself was closer to a typical Metroid game there wouldn't be as much complaints either.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

@Bolt_Strike: You can find negative opinions about any game. I think the question is what are the majority saying and why?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: You can find negative opinions about any game. I think the question is what are the majority saying and why?

And that's the thing, if there's not a universal agreement (i.e. 90-95% of the fanbase shares the same opinion), then the reactions aren't "overwhelmingly positive". And I can't quite say that for 3D World or Yoshi's Woolly World. With 3D World there's a large minority of fans (definitely more than 10%) who don't like the trend towards NSMB style and I haven't seen a lot of people talk about Yoshi's Woolly World at all.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

Guess it's just me then, because I've seen nothing but happiness for both those games. I'm one of the very few that doesn't really like 3D world, but everyone else seems in love with it. Even Wooly World everyone seems really happy with it. Another example would be Hyrule Warriors. I don't think I've seen much dislike for that game either. I would definitely argue that the Wii U isn't divisive among its owners when it comes to the software.

TuVictus

-Green-

As of late I've been finding myself becoming more reliant on playing my 3DS, since I'm usually always busy, and can't find the time or energy to really play on my home consoles. So I'm actually really interested in getting this game when it comes out; it looks fun. Any one else interested in getting this game in the future?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blast

Aromaiden wrote:

As of late I've been finding myself becoming more reliant on playing my 3DS, since I'm usually always busy, and can't find the time or energy to really play on my home consoles. So I'm actually really interested in getting this game when it comes out; it looks fun. Any one else interested in getting this game in the future?

It's gonna take a very in depth Nintendo Direct for me to even consider buying this game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Operative wrote:

Guess it's just me then, because I've seen nothing but happiness for both those games. I'm one of the very few that doesn't really like 3D world, but everyone else seems in love with it. Even Wooly World everyone seems really happy with it. Another example would be Hyrule Warriors. I don't think I've seen much dislike for that game either. I would definitely argue that the Wii U isn't divisive among its owners when it comes to the software.

Among Wii U owners? Maybe. Among the entire Nintendo fanbase? Not so much.

Bolt_Strike

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

It's gonna take a very in depth Nintendo Direct for me to even consider buying this game.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing some more on this game. I think it'd be interesting.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

I-U

Aromaiden wrote:

I already plan on getting multiple copies of Metroid Prime Federation Force between myself and my siblings. I've been waiting on a Metroid game like Federation Force since Metroid Prime Hunters, which by far is my best experience with the Metroid Series. Metroid Blast was an appetizer and now I'm eager for the full meal to see just what Federation Force delivers in terms of a multiplayer experience. I'm also interested in the single player and eager to see just how Federation Force will build and expand upon the Metroid Prime universe. I've seen Kensuke Tanabe state that he wants to have a game that deals with Sylux and Samus at some point in the future and wanted to tackle Federation Force before that story, so I'm wondering, with Samus appearing as a cameo will Sylux show up too. I would definitely love a Nintendo Direct focused on this game at some point, but I also want to keep most of this game a surprise. I'm honestly ready for Federation Force now.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

DefHalan

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing some more on this game. I think it'd be interesting.

I want to see more, but I am already planning on buying it. Blast Ball sold me and then it turned out to be a Metroid game. My brother and I love Metroid and finally I can play it with him. It may not be the game he was expecting but I think we will still enjoy it. Last night we were playing some Left 4 Dead and it got me really pumped for another 4-player co-op game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sparx

quick question, can the game do online co-op?

My avatar is from here

kkslider5552000

tbh, this is one of the only games I'm buying because of brand name in any way. If it'll keep Metroid around, fine.

I mean, I'd be surprised if Next Level Games meets Metroid Prime is somehow not good so that helps.

Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tbh, this is one of the only games I'm buying because of brand name in any way. If it'll keep Metroid around, fine.

I mean, I'd be surprised if Next Level Games meets Metroid Prime is somehow not good so that helps.

If anything, you should buy Prime Trilogy if you're going to vote with your wallet. Buying FF just because you want to keep Metroid alive isn't going to work, that's just going to encourage Nintendo to make more FF games and not necessarily any Prime games.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

I was considering it until I found my copy of Prime 3 again (the one out of the three I thought I lost). I don't like spending money on games I already own. I've done it too much already.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

If anything, you should buy Prime Trilogy if you're going to vote with your wallet. Buying FF just because you want to keep Metroid alive isn't going to work, that's just going to encourage Nintendo to make more FF games and not necessarily any Prime games.

I don't think buying a second hand copy will tell Nintendo anything...

Octane

Blast

It would be great if this game got a demo... It's just really hard for me to support this game. This game isn't what I wanted at all. And hearing people say Blast Ball isn't fun and a mess doesn't really encourage me either. I wanted a 2D Metroid for 3DS and a 3D Metroid for Wii U! Gosh!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

Among Wii U owners? Maybe. Among the entire Nintendo fanbase? Not so much.

I'd disagree.

Also I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that FF is online co-op enabled. Blast Ball is 3 v 3, I doubt they'd expect 6 friends to get together locally for it. If by some horrible stupid mistake it's not, then the game doesn't even deserve my recognition.

TuVictus

Sorry, this topic has been locked.