Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 221 to 240 of 923

NinjaWaddleDee

MegaBeedrill wrote:

One thing I found interesting, is that the "decoy" you can make actually is a hologram of samus aran.
Untitled

Not gonna lie, that's pretty cute actually! At first I wasn't too pleased with this game, but the more I see of it, the more I want it! Now granted, I'd rather have a legit Metroid game, but this is better than nothing.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech

kkslider5552000 wrote:

hahahaha

That was good. I still want the game so I'll have to watch my back when picking it up now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

I wonder if we are gonna have an interview from Next level games anytime soon.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

Artwark wrote:

honestly, I think they should just ignore Federation Force until next year. Let people forget about it and talk about 2015 games. then January 2016 or so give us an interview about the game

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

DefHalan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

honestly, I think they should just ignore Federation Force until next year. Let people forget about it and talk about 2015 games. then January 2016 or so give us an interview about the game

I kinda hope they give us constant information about the game and have interviews where the developers talk about how exciting this is for the Metroid community, while then staring and nodding at the camera with a giant smile for several seconds.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I kinda hope they give us constant information about the game and have interviews where the developers talk about how exciting this is for the Metroid community, while then staring and nodding at the camera with a giant smile for several seconds.

That could also work lol

Araquanid

Inb4 the entire channel is terminated for violating youtube's rule of threatening real people, and nintendo takes it down for threatening the company.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

jos

after reading the interview with Kensuke Tanabe.. I starting to gain more interest in this game.

"“I was trained to look at [Metroid] from a different perspective,” Tanabe said. “I’d never seen anything that focused on the Galactic Federation against the Space Pirates. I thought that would be an interesting idea to explore.” Most other Metroid games saw the player in the role of loner bounty hunter Samus Aran, with the wider world of the series as background dressing. With Federation Force, Tanabe wants to go into details on all that backstory."

and

"You’ll travel to distant planets as part of the Galactic Federation. “On one of them, there will be research that the Federation has to conduct, and they get to the planet thinking it’s an abandoned place that the Federation used to use before, but they find out that the Space Pirates have been using that place to plot something against the Galactic Federation,” says Tanabe. “Creating the ultimate weapon.”
full interview is on Wired

sounds like it good be an interesting title. exploring the metroid universe from a very different view and different game play style.

I guess Nintendo could have found a better way to present the game. it prob would have met with a warmer welcome.

jos

Nintendo Network ID: josuv22

Dezzy

I dunno if anyone watches the Zero Punctuation series at the Escapist but the E3 edition was funny. He compared these Metroid games to a grandma buying you christmas presents: "This is the one you wanted isn't it?"

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

I dunno if anyone watches the Zero Punctuation series at the Escapist but the E3 edition was funny. He compared these Metroid games to a grandma buying you christmas presents: "This is the one you wanted isn't it?"

At first you are like, "This isn't what I wanted." But then you actually play them and now they are some of your favorite games? That is what happen to me with Cel Damage and Voodoo Vince lol

although it was my uncle, not my grandparents... they only gave me cash

Edited on by DefHalan

Araquanid

DefHalan wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

At first you are like, "This isn't what I wanted." But then you actually play them and now they are some of your favorite games? That is what happen to me with Cel Damage and Voodoo Vince lol

although it was my uncle, not my grandparents... they only gave me cash

My Aunt: "Hey I bought you some cool games!"
Me: "Ugh... I don't want this, can I have the reciept and return it for money?
(2 weeks later)
Me: Guess I'll try it....
(Completion)
6 year old voice WOZAH DIS ES TEH BEAST GAHME EHVA!

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blast

Yeah... It's gonna take a brilliant Nintendo Direct to even consider think about touching this game. Wouldn't be that bad if Metroid Wii U was coming but no... A spinoff on the 3DS is what happened and that Tanabe basically saying Metroid Prime won't prolly come until the freaking NX. I still think this game is a waste of Next Level Games talent. Why in the world weren't they working on Luigi Mansion Wii U or something actually... Impressive?! I wish an actual Nintendo fan was there when this game was first began development to stop this disaster. I would've said, "Um, no. We can't make this now. Fans deserve better." I can't help but get bitter at this game and Nintendo's E3 in general... So disappointing and embarrassing. I don't want the game to fail at all. Maybe a Direct or a great demo will convince me. I bet Retro Studios is actually the guys who are most upset and annoyed. That rumor about them not working on Metroid Wii U must've been true after all.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Oragami

95% chance this game is above average
85% chance it's great
75% chance it's the best 3DS shooter aside from Kid Icarus Uprising
50% chance it's as good as Kid Icarus Uprising
35% chance it's better that Kid Icarus Uprising

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Blast

Oragami wrote:

85% chance it's great

There's no way this game will be anywhere near how amazing Kid Icarus: Uprising. Uprising is pretty much the ultimate Nintendo 1st party 3DS game.

Master of the Hype Train

Araquanid

Enter me who personally doesn't get the appeal of kid icarus..

Untitled

My Shinies

Oragami

Blast wrote:

Oragami wrote:

85% chance it's great

There's no way this game will be anywhere near how amazing Kid Icarus: Uprising. Uprising is pretty much the ultimate Nintendo 1st party 3DS game.

It probably won't be better than Uprising, but much, much stranger things have happened. I'm almost certain I will enjoy Federation Force though. It looks fun to me.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Eel

I enjoyed KIU and all... But I wouldn't really consider it the "ultimate 3DS game".

Then again, if you asked me "what's the ultimate 3DS game?" I would have no idea what to answer.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

I enjoyed KIU and all... But I wouldn't really consider it the "ultimate 3DS game".

Then again, if you asked me "what's the ultimate 3DS game?" I would have no idea what to answer.

I meant it as in the ultimate 1st party 3DS game. Amazing repeatability, great voice acting, nice story, alotta content, and great online. I have yet to see another 1st party 3DS game have that high caliber again. If there was ever a series I wanna see get milked... That would be Kid Icarus: Uprising. I have alotta praise for it but there are problems and there are other good 1st party 3DS games. Uprising is just my favorite.

Master of the Hype Train

Bolt_Strike

I think the fact that no new Metroid is coming for Wii U is the bigger travesty here, not Federation Force itself. Because no Wii U Metroid pretty much cements the idea that Nintendo isn't really innovating anymore. If they had any intention on utilizing the Gamepad, Prime 4 should've been near the top of their list and been started on back in 2012/2013 at the latest. Not getting a mediocre spinoff in 2016, it feels too little too late. Add to that a history of rehashy platformers and the lack of a killer app and you can tell that Nintendo doesn't care about the Gamepad as much as they let on (or they're just phenomenally stupid, but I highly doubt they're that stupid). So not only does it mean we won't see a phenomenal game this generation but it also shows how full of crap Nintendo is now.

But even the game itself looks pretty bad. The gameplay is pretty dumbed down and lacks everything that made Metroid's gameplay special. The iconic powerups are gone, exploration is practically nonexistent, and they took away the sense of isolation. It just looks like a generic co-op FPS game. And yes, it does feel like a massive waste of Next Level's talents.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Sorry, this topic has been locked.