Forums

Topic: Anyone Tired of the fact Europe and Australia always have a huge delay with release dates?

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

KonataIzumi

Tasuki wrote:

You know you can always get a NA 3DS and import games than you wont have worry about Aussie release date. Thats really the only way I can see how to get the games the same day as NA.

As for the PS4 and the next MS console where does it state that they cant play pre owned games. As far as I know those are just rumors.

I think everything so far is a rumor but if it is true that would be sad

KonataIzumi

Nintendo Network ID: Kokatsu | Twitter:

Eel

In [north]America there are only 3 main languages and publishers can always get away with only adapting their game for english only, and they only really care about the moral standards of the United States so there's no need to take a long time translating or adapting it.

In Europe+Australia they need to adjust the games for 6+ languages, sometimes even release several different versions of the games for each country, localizing is expensiver and there are more companies that must rate the games to make sure they're suitable for their intended public.
You could even say that the market is smaller there when compared to America or Japan.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SammyOfMobius

You guys think you're the only ones who have huge delays? North America is getting Harmoknight on March 28th... over half a year Japan did. Japan got Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels 5 months before we did, Pokepark Wii 11 months before we got it, we don't even have Kirby's Dream Land 2 yet, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity 4 months before us. How do you think we feel? You should change the topic name to "Anyone tired of the fact Europe, Australia, and North America get huge delays with release dates?". Seriously why can't Nintendo release their games worldwide at the same time instead of making us suffer for 4 months to a year?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Eel

Because if developers held their games until all the different regional versions were finished then everyone would get them late and they would lose a lot of potential money and sales data?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

You know you can always get a NA 3DS and import games than you wont have worry about Aussie release date. Thats really the only way I can see how to get the games the same day as NA.

As for the PS4 and the next MS console where does it state that they cant play pre owned games. As far as I know those are just rumors.

Hey If you have tons of money you can do that for me right? come on man not everyone is rich enough to have three 3DS', I'm lucky I have a regular and a XL.

F --- man you dont have to be so freakin rude about it. You come here whinning about how you dont like the idea how you have to wait for games I presented a solution. You dont want an answer dont ask. I dont know what your financial state is. And where did I say you had to get 3 3DS?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

_zoipi

Even Worse: 1$=1€

I could easily buy a game for 30€ imported from playAsia, now i cant.

_zoipi

Twitter:

Aviator

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

some of you guys seem a little overprevielieged to me.

To me you seem like you feel you are entitled to something.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Sp00n

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The demand. Australia's demand isn't as huge as it is in North America and Japan. That's why every game costs drastically more in overseas countries than it does in the U.S.

That doesn't explain the absurdly high costs for digital distribution.

And, of course, the lower demand argument is bonk, for the simple fact that by increasing the price of games within the country, gamers are encouraged to buy from third parties, thus lowering demand.

Admittedly, Wii U game prices are(relatively) low.

I should also point out that I don't feel entitled to lower prices, as this is a capitalist society and they can charge whatever they like, but it does come off as rather greedy and nasty.

Edited on by Sp00n

Sp00n

LzWinky

Aviator wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

some of you guys seem a little overprevielieged to me.

To me you seem like you feel you are entitled to something.

You don't say?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

theblackdragon

Everyone's tired of having to wait for things we want now, now, now. Please feel free to address your concerns to Nintendo in your region(s) of choice, they're the only ones who can do anything about it. Good luck to you!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.