3DS Forum

Topic: Anyone else opposed to Senran Kagura?

Showing 81 to 100 of 238

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

81. Posted:

@mikeymaster2001, it is clear that you are either still continuing your education or are very young. Placing a "moral" value on something, which is completely arbitrary and self righteous in itself, is exactly what you have done. The more you elaborate on what you mean, the more it appears you just have a personal issue with how some people wish to utilize their free time. The website you reference has no scientific information nor is any content based on any actual scientific findings, you are fueling a fire of hatred by encouraging such sites, not effecting any positive change.

Worse, you are attacking a video game simply to promote and propel your selfish desires. This will, inevitably, cause a lot of video game fans of all walks to see you as nothing more than another Hilary Clinton attempting to blame one of our favorite mediums of entertainment for a non-existent problem. Basically, crying wolf for your own need for attention. As I pointed out previously, there are plenty of real problems in the world that need attention and support in correcting, problems that cause people to suffer without any valid reason. Your personal agenda has no bearing or weight on what is popular in any sub culture, and video gamers are a sub culture, one that helps keep the world turning now. Ironically, porn and video games are the only markets that have kept the world market from completely crashing during the financial crisis we have faced recently.

But meh, I care not for, or about, the porn industry beyond knowing that we do owe it gratitude for keeping our way of life going. So you are making two huge mistakes here, attacking a video game on a website of video gamers, and attacking the fundamental aspect of life itself on a website of .... well, humans.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

82. Posted:

@kittenkoder

You're making an awful lot of personal attacks and judgements in that post. If I place a "moral" value on opposing Neo-Nazism, is that me being self-righteous? It's not. You are the one making personal attacks and character judgements here, not me. You obviously didn't spend much time on the website. If you did, you would have read the "Look at the facts" page. And you would have noticed the little numbers superscripted within the text, meaning there are references in the footnotes...which there are. And if you pulled up those references and sources on your browser you would see that they come from reputable sources. Having basically helped rehabilitate a porn addict myself, your little temper tantrum doesn't really hold much water with me. I've seen firsthand what it turns men into, and what kind of values it instills. As for calling human sexuality THE fundamental aspect of human life, that's certainly an important part, but by no means is it the all-consuming, ever-present motivation some make it out to be. It can be controlled , and guided, like a bit and bridle on a horse, being led by the rider where HE wants it to go. And dude. Cut the crap. Porn is only about lust and self-gratification. Lust is only about appetites. REAL sexuality and REAL love, are based upon trust, devotion, and sacrifice for the one you love the most. Lust, and thereby porn, only serves to undermine those things, because gratifying that addiction becomes more and more important. As I said, having basically helped rehabilitate a porn addict myself, I know what I'm talking about, because I saw all of this with my own eyes, and with my own experience, watching one of my best friends come out of those chains. I have nothing against you at all. But what you've said, I know, from my own experience, is fallacious.

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

83. Posted:

@mikeymaster2001, if you are taking what I said personally, then perhaps I hit the nail on the head?

Also, that's "Miss Dude" to you. But now you are sounding like a religious nut seeking to validate your own beliefs, you have strayed so far from fact and reality in this discussion I am finished attempting to show how you erred and why people took offense to your moral judgment. If you are unwilling to learn, then you cannot tell anyone else that they know less than you, ever.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

84. Posted:

the problem is you are making the same argument people has been making for years about violent video games that shooting peoples in games will push people to shoot people in real life, you are saying senran kagura will push people to hard porn who will push people to rape or sexisms or whatever..... your point holds no more water than the first, its been proven time and time again that people enjoying something on video games does not lead them to go and try the same thing in real life

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

85. Posted:

mikeymaster2001 wrote:

@kittenkoder

You're making an awful lot of personal attacks and judgements in that post. If I place a "moral" value on opposing Neo-Nazism, is that me being self-righteous? It's not. You are the one making personal attacks and character judgements here, not me. You obviously didn't spend much time on the website. If you did, you would have read the "Look at the facts" page. And you would have noticed the little numbers superscripted within the text, meaning there are references in the footnotes...which there are. And if you pulled up those references and sources on your browser you would see that they come from reputable sources. Having basically helped rehabilitate a porn addict myself, your little temper tantrum doesn't really hold much water with me. I've seen firsthand what it turns men into, and what kind of values it instills. As for calling human sexuality THE fundamental aspect of human life, that's certainly an important part, but by no means is it the all-consuming, ever-present motivation some make it out to be. It can be controlled , and guided, like a bit and bridle on a horse, being led by the rider where HE wants it to go. And dude. Cut the crap. Porn is only about lust and self-gratification. Lust is only about appetites. REAL sexuality and REAL love, are based upon trust, devotion, and sacrifice for the one you love the most. Lust, and thereby porn, only serves to undermine those things, because gratifying that addiction becomes more and more important. As I said, having basically helped rehabilitate a porn addict myself, I know what I'm talking about, because I saw all of this with my own eyes, and with my own experience, watching one of my best friends come out of those chains. I have nothing against you at all. But what you've said, I know, from my own experience, is fallacious.

Honestly, this whole post is terrifying. This is some straight up Silent Hill crap right here.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

86. Posted:

@KittenKoder

Really Miss dude? Really? That's where you're going? Another personal attack and another character judgement. For what it's worth, I've had a lot more flak and a lot more hate directed at me than what you're capable of dishing out. I still have nothing against you, but it's pretty clear you've got something against me. And honestly, do you really think I'm so insecure that I feel this strange urge to vindicate my beliefs on an obscure forum on a videogame website? You don't know me at all. One bit. Yet you obviously are angry with me for expressing my own beliefs which are grounded in my own life experience. You have the same privilege of expressing your opinion too. It seems to me, that you are the only one who has taken offense here.

@ferthepoet

I never said it WOULD, 100%, guaranteed. Did you read everything I've said? As for the violent video games thing, honestly, social science would be much better at dissecting that thing than the gaming community, or the hollywood community would be, because that's part of our, and their, livelihood. We have, collectively, a bias. Because it's a big part of our culture. So we wouldn't be the ones who can authoritatively pass judgement on it, because we have a personal, conflicting interest in it. In the world of science, and social science, we don't all of the answers right this minute. We'll learn more about it in the future, when more studies and research are completed. I'm saying, we don't know, and I believe that it may have a part to play. And my saying that isn't condemning, or infringing upon anyone. You have the same right, and we both should not be treated like garbage for saying what we think, or bullied into submission. But I do understand where you're coming from.

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

87. Posted:

@CaviarMeths

Care to elaborate please?

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

88. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

mikeymaster2001 wrote:

@kittenkoder

(cropped to save on nightmares).

Honestly, this whole post is terrifying. This is some straight up Silent Hill crap right here.

Scary, huh?

You know, because of this topic I decided to finally watch Penn and Teller's show, the episode about porn specifically as I have seen most of the other episodes. I recommend it, well, to those who are interested in some logic on the topic.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

89. Posted:

mikeymaster2001 wrote:

@KittenKoder

Really Miss dude? Really? That's where you're going? Another personal attack and another character judgement. For what it's worth, I've had a lot more flak and a lot more hate directed at me than what you're capable of dishing out. I still have nothing against you, but it's pretty clear you've got something against me. And honestly, do you really think I'm so insecure that I feel this strange urge to vindicate my beliefs on an obscure forum on a videogame website? You don't know me at all. One bit. Yet you obviously are angry with me for expressing my own beliefs which are grounded in my own life experience. You have the same privilege of expressing your opinion too. It seems to me, that you are the only one who has taken offense here.

To this all I can say is that you are truly an idiot. The adage "Miss ...." is a funny method of correcting your incorrect gender assignment for your attempted insult, as well as informing you that your insult was not seen as such in spite of it being a common insult.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

90. Posted:

@KittenKoder

You seem to know me oh so well, despite having never met me. I still have nothing against you.

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

91. Posted:

@KittenKoder

If you think the my saying that is an insult, please know that I did not mean it as one. I say that to my friends all the time at work as well, boy or girl, and I meant no malice with it.

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

92. Posted:

so..... people that aren't used to Japanese stuff are still attacking this game? lol well not so much this game will release next month in europe so I guess it's time for the european branch of the fake moralists with holes in their logic to go against this game....
hell

IT'S A GAME, A FREAKING HARMLESS GAME

if you can play FPS without feeling your morals are wrong why would this? I find headshoting people for no reason at all far worse than "bouncy" anime girls fighting. but hey, that's just me. if you want to have ugly holes in your logic by saying girls in swimswits are worse than killing with guns and blood splattered everywhere go on. I don't care either way games are games avoid getting games rated above your age and all's fine(if you have a decent mind you don't even have to avoid those) why should morals apply to any form of entertainment if it's almost all rated nowadays anyway so people know if they're doing something wrong or not.

stop wanting to spoil the fun for the others only because you don't like it

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

93. Posted:

mikeymaster2001 wrote:

@KittenKoder

If you think the my saying that is an insult, please know that I did not mean it as one. I say that to my friends all the time at work as well, boy or girl, and I meant no malice with it.

Further your education: http://mentalfloss.com/article/53317/whats-origin-word-dude

All you continue to do is add more evidence of how naive and ignorant you are on matters of culture and reality. You cite a website that is clearly not based on scientific information and posits nothing more than already debunked arguments. You then spout off and focus on me, the one who informs you that your opinion is not based on reality, demonstrating a lack of maturity by attempting to goad me into nothing more than a pissing contest. I am left to wonder if you even read most of what I had posted, or perhaps wonder if you comprehended enough to even consider your own position prior to continuing a discussion that you are clearly unprepared for.

If you want to discuss this logically, stop bringing your emotional desires and false sense of morality into the matter.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

94. Posted:

mikeymaster2001 wrote:

@CaviarMeths

Care to elaborate please?

Well, I shouldn't, but as I happen to have enjoyed Senran Kagura Burst, I have no self-restraint, so here goes.

You're assuming a moral superiority over those with different interests, even though you do not even understand those interests yourself. Personally, I don't understand the appeal of Grand Theft Auto, but to assume that I know better than people who like those games would be incredibly bigoted of me. You began this thread with denigrating an entire audience for personal tastes, using that as a springboard to launch into a story about your addict friend, as if there was any correlation at all. I find it scary that you aren't willing to tolerate the existence of this game.

You are using a game from Japan featuring ninja girls in revealing outfits as your soapbox about pornography. This thread isn't about your cause. I don't know anything about your friend that apparently had his life utterly ruined by nudity, but to think that something so innocuous as this game could have been his "gateway drug" is testament to his mental health, not to the porn industry. It may shock you to know, but many adult actors and actresses are happy, well-adjusted people, and the vast majority of those who consume the product are too. They don't need rescuing or rehabilitation. It's self-righteous to assume they do, which is also a little scary.

You defend nonsense testimonials as "facts." It's a scary time we live in that anyone with an internet connection can weave something that they don't understand and don't like into a huge moral cause. This is the reason why there are fully grown adults that honestly believe that vaccines cause autism. Why is science is trumped by knee-jerk, bleeding-heart, think-of-the-children sensationalism? That's scary.

And your comments about true love are a little... baffling, I suppose. What's love got to do with it? Scary!

(Edited to be a little less confrontational)

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

95. Posted:

@KittenKoder

Is this usually how you treat people who believe and think differently than you do? Like worthless piles of trash; fools who must be suffered? I don't follow that website, so HOW IN THE WORLD would I know that. I didn't. As for the website, you're not offering any of these evidences that supposedly debunk those arguments. The burden of proof for that lies upon you, not upon me. If I wanted to demonstrate a lack of maturity, I would have done one of two things. Quit. Or behave like you're behaving right now. Belittling and being as condescending as possible to someone who has had different life experience than you have had. You haven't actually given me any evidences that support your claims, nor given any personal experience, or any attempt at understanding someone else's point of view. Clearly, that means I'm illogical and self-righteous, nothing more that some weird freak who sit down and shut up when someone tries to bully him into oblivion.

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

96. Posted:

Where are the mods? It's just a game. What you make of it, is your own business.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

97. Posted:

@CaviarMeths ... the appeal of Grand Theft Auto perplexes me as well.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

98. Posted:

When you remember how to counterargue without resorting to insults, let me know — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

99. Posted:

@Scar

I agree, but all I did was say what I think about it.....which is what everyone else has done on this thread.

@CavierMeths

Where did I say that I was better than anyone? Where? If that is the way it came across, then I am sorry, because that was not what I meant. You too, do not know me at all. I have nothing against you either. And the rest of the issues that you've raised are addressed on that website I mentioned....replete with documented sources from reputable scholars and research journals.

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mikeymaster2001

100. Posted:

@Scar

I too, would appreciate some mods.

mikeymaster2001

Sorry, this topic has been locked.