3DS Forum

Topic: Anyone else opposed to Senran Kagura?

Showing 41 to 60 of 238

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

41. Posted:

A teen speaking here, and playing Senran Kagura does not affect how I treat women in real life in no way, shape, or form. If you aren't a parent that will educate your kid that people in the real world are not like that, then that is your fault. Games like Senran Kagura are not a gateway into porn, because I'm sure that there are people who are addicted to porn that have never seen anything like the content that Japan makes, at least in terms of the over-the-top ridiculous booby-bouncy stuff. And at the very least, it's like saying if you eat one of those candy cigarettes it's gonna make you a smoker. It's all not real. It's nothing but a cartoon. If you really can't make the distinction between real life and fiction, then you've got a problem. This type of thing should not affect how any sane person behaves in the real world.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

42. Posted:

Why are you guys discussing if this game is safe for children if the rating clrearly states it's intended for teens and above?

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cyb3Rnite

43. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I don't see how it's harmless. I do agree that it's inappropriate. It can effect how you think. If you enjoy the sexuality of it, what's to stop that from encouraging thoughts about real people, or in general.

The fact that they aren't real? That should be a big one right there.

If you have sexual thoughts about fictional characters, how much harder, tempting, and easy will it be to have sexual thoughts about real girls? It's already easy enough to want and have such thoughts already. It can increase lust in general.

Man, you're talking to somebody who has read hundreds of Hentai manga, and trust me, even that hasn't affected my ideas of women. I don't think of real women as objects, and in fact I tend to side with feminists and quite dislike how our culture treats women. My idea of a perfect woman isn't one who is beautiful, but one I can relate to and respect as a human being. (for pete's sake, even in my dreams, half my girlfriends aren't very attractive, but I still feel a strong connection to them) Heck, I don't even like real pron, because I just wind up feeling bad for the women involved. The only reason I can even stomach hentai manga is because it isn't real - if half that stuff actuallly involved a real person, I'd probably vomit all over the floor. :|
Yet by your logic, I should probably have a constant boner by now and see women as toys to play with.

Dude, I was raised to respect women. No amount of anime fanservice can take that away.

Untitled
I relate to this guy so hard. What a bro.
Seriously, it's like he's literally an older version of me.

Edited on by Cyb3Rnite

This is me in one image.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, and Fire Emblem Awakening.
Also known as sushifreAk, Justice, kidIcarus, and AnActualDash.

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RogueBologna

44. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

how much harder, tempting, and easy will it be to have sexual thoughts about real girls?

XD Sounds like you are arguing that humans shouldn't be attracted to each other

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

45. Posted:

If playing this game actually affects the way you think about women, I think that speaks more for your own immaturity than the content of the game. If someone puts down SKB and says "Boy, that sure was fun! I think I'll go out and disrespect some women!" then they probably have not received any active parenting since they were 3 years old.

I see this game basically the same as an old Buster Keaton movie. Those movies and shorts were so over-the-top violent, but it was so whacky and that was the joke. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. Nobody watches One Week and decides to be a recklessly irresponsible carpenter as a result.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

46. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

If playing this game actually affects the way you think about women, I think that speaks more for your own immaturity than the content of the game. If someone puts down SKB and says "Boy, that sure was fun! I think I'll go out and disrespect some women!" then they probably have not received any active parenting since they were 3 years old.

I agree with this.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

47. Posted:

I never said it was going to absolutely have a large effect without exception, so no, that is not the truth according to my logic. However, denying that it can have an effect, is what I'm saying is wrong. It might even be a small effect that doesn't change too much. Different people are effected differently. Some can still be affected in a large way, some a smaller way.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

48. Posted:

@3Dkid I know the article you're talking about and it's just a girl talking about how the game makes women feel uncomfortable when they play it. Personally I thought it was a stupid article because it's clearly obvious the game is not meant for women and if they want to play it they should know what they're in for. It's like if me as a man went to go see the movie Magic Mike (a movie about sexy male strippers) and I complain about how the movie would make men feel uncomfortable so it shouldn't exist when it's obvious the movie was made for a female audience.
I can see why you're disturbed and worried especially for the younger audience but the game is T for teen, if anyone younger than that is playing a game like this clearly their parent's are to blame for not keeping an eye on what their kids are doing.
I have the game and it's actually fun to play if you cut out the fan service it would still be good (and no I'm not defending it) and if you press "a" you can actually skip the ripping off clothing section which I do because it takes a bit of time to watch the sequence and I don't care for it so I save myself those seconds.
I think you're just overthinking things too much. If people believe a game like this causes harm then maybe the media is right and maybe videogames lead to violence and all those shootings that are tied to videogames. At worst you're gonna see a girl in a bra and panties and that's as bad as it gets for this game. Also you get scored and if you want the best score you have to try and keep as much of your clothes on as possible LOL

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MuchoMochi

49. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

If playing this game actually affects the way you think about women, I think that speaks more for your own immaturity than the content of the game. If someone puts down SKB and says "Boy, that sure was fun! I think I'll go out and disrespect some women!" then they probably have not received any active parenting since they were 3 years old.

This is very eloquently put. Good job man, you did your parents proud by not thinking staring at cartoon boobs makes real women objects for your enjoyment.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jollykarp

50. Posted:

mamp wrote:

@3Dkid I know the article you're talking about and it's just a girl talking about how the game makes women feel uncomfortable when they play it. Personally I thought it was a stupid article because it's clearly obvious the game is not meant for women and if they want to play it they should know what they're in for. It's like if me as a man went to go see the movie Magic Mike and I complain about how the movie would make men feel uncomfortable so it shouldn't exist when it's obvious the movie was made for a female audience.

I don't mean any disrespect, but this argument doesn't work. It would be as if I made a joke at the expense of women to my male friends, and when a woman overheard and took offence I said "I didn't intend for you to hear that, so you shouldn't feel uncomfortable". Regardless of who the audience is, what you say affects everyone.

EDIT: I'm probably going to back out of this discussion too. I think perhaps it's possible for a game to be both immoral and harmless - even if no harm is done, it's not exactly right to do so. But it's not wrong either, because it doesn't do any harm. It confuses me. We shouldn't be trying to divide on whether we are supportive or opposed to it. I'm frankly indifferent, and that's a fine stance too.

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

51. Posted:

@Jollykarp
But my point was if you know what the game is why buy it or play it if you know it's not for you. Why expose yourself to something you know would make you feel uncomfortable and you know you wouldn't like because it's catering to a specific demographic that you know you're not a part of. Maybe my example was too confusing and for that I apologize.
EDIT: Anyways I should also drop this discussion LOL I just realized I'm having a conversation about jigglys in a videogame never thought I'd see the day XD

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jollykarp

52. Posted:

mamp wrote:

@Jollykarp
But my point was if you know what the game is why buy it or play it if you know it's not for you. Why expose yourself to something you know would make you feel uncomfortable and you know you wouldn't like because it's catering to a specific demographic that you know you're not part of. Maybe my example was too confusing.

Well, because it exists. Surely it's possible to appeal to any demographic without making another demographic feel uncomfortable? While I don't agree with the original article, I'll admit that the author had a right to be offended.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

53. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

mamp wrote:

@3Dkid I know the article you're talking about and it's just a girl talking about how the game makes women feel uncomfortable when they play it. Personally I thought it was a stupid article because it's clearly obvious the game is not meant for women and if they want to play it they should know what they're in for. It's like if me as a man went to go see the movie Magic Mike and I complain about how the movie would make men feel uncomfortable so it shouldn't exist when it's obvious the movie was made for a female audience.

I don't mean any disrespect, but this argument doesn't work. It would be as if I made a joke at the expense of women to my male friends, and when a woman overheard and took offence I said "I didn't intend for you to hear that, so you shouldn't feel uncomfortable". Regardless of who the audience is, what you say affects everyone.

It's not the same thing, because in your example, the men are publicly disrespecting women. Playing a video game privately is not subject to any "I was in the general proximity of your unsolicited opinion and am offended by it" defenses. You need to pay to go see a movie. Everybody in the room has paid to see the same movie and are being subjected to the same product. If a movie is made for a female audience, men don't really have any room to willingly go see it and then complain that they weren't the target audience.

And if a woman overhears a group of men speaking disparagingly about women, she has every right to be offended and pass personal judgement on that group of men. She does not, however, have the right to say that their comments should be censored or have sufficient insight to speculate that video games are to be blamed for their disrespect.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

54. Posted:

The audience for this game is whoever may enjoy it, there's no need to label them in any way or sort (like "males" or "females").

There will always be things that will make you or other uncomfortable but, if they're harmless and others enjoy them, that's not enough of a reason to demand for them to be adjusted to your tastes or wish they didn't exist. Don't make the world smaller, that's far more dangerous.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

55. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

mamp wrote:

@Jollykarp
But my point was if you know what the game is why buy it or play it if you know it's not for you. Why expose yourself to something you know would make you feel uncomfortable and you know you wouldn't like because it's catering to a specific demographic that you know you're not part of. Maybe my example was too confusing.

Well, because it exists. Surely it's possible to appeal to any demographic without making another demographic feel uncomfortable? While I don't agree with the original article, I'll admit that the author had a right to be offended.

Yeah you're right I agree with you. Also with the addition of 2 male playable characters in the next game, even the men may get offended XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

56. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

There will always be things that will make you or other uncomfortable but, if they're harmless and others enjoy them, that's not enough of a reason to demand for them to be adjusted to your tastes or wish they didn't exist. Don't make the world smaller, that's far more dangerous.

Well said.

If you're not part of the game's target audience, then there's nothing to really be done about that. Just don't buy it. I guarantee you that not buying a game that you have no interest in will have no negative impact on your life.

As for the game being morally corrupting, I think I've entertained that thought enough for one night.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jollykarp

57. Posted:

I didn't mention anything about adjusting or censoring though, just that people have a right to be offended if something makes them uncomfortable. Perhaps I did read mamp's first post wrong. I totally agree that of course there will be works that make you uncomfortable - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club makes me extremely so, and yet I respect its right to exist.

So yeah, final point is that this game seems like something I might enjoy, I'm not sure if I'll get it though. I don't think it will affect me morally in any way, although if I for any reason am more disrespectful after playing it I will regard it as my fault and not this game's.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

58. Posted:

I just love how all scientific the anti-porn people are.

I love how all scientific those who think seeing something means people will do it.

Yeah, considering all actual evidence contradicts these. Why is this even a discussion? First, it's a game, a very cartoony one even. Second, it's tame compared to jean ads and the like in the US. People always find lame excuses, often fabricated, to attack the newest, most popular, technologies. It's a tale older than me. My grandfather told tales of how they tried to blame every woe on radio. I recall them blaming television for everything. Then the internet. Video games have always been a target for simple minded people who want a placebo in place of any real solutions, a quick thing to blame for any problems they see as more important than all the others. Forget the fact that children are starving to death in half the world still, forget the fact that kids are being used as human bombs in one part of the world. Forget the fact that entire countries treat women as nothing more than sex toys for the men. Nope, none of that is nearly as important as a bit of TNA in a video game that actually shows women as strong, if you want to get into the details of the matter.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

59. Posted:

Hey guys I'm back on NL ready to get active within the community--

this thread

Hey guys I'm going back to Destructoid, where people who go out of their way to let something they would deem offensive not only catch their attention, but drive them to focus on demoralizing the people who can see some kind of value in it are shunned!

"Perhaps they have no morals in this aspect."

Is this some kind of social media thing that I don't get? If you can't comprehend why anyone would like something you attempt to make your moral ground superior? Can you even judge other's morals?

As a young person living in this world where such toxic material could be dangerous in my hands, can someone explain to me why this is an actual issue?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cyb3Rnite

60. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Is this some kind of social media thing that I don't get? If you can't comprehend why anyone would like something you attempt to make your moral ground superior? Can you even judge other's morals?

Looks like you've been away for more than a while, Strider.

This is me in one image.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, and Fire Emblem Awakening.
Also known as sushifreAk, Justice, kidIcarus, and AnActualDash.

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

Sorry, this topic has been locked.