3DS Forum

Topic: Anyone else opposed to Senran Kagura?

Showing 181 to 200 of 238

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

181. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

So your answer is arrogant , stupid and precocious. Shame on distort such a nice word like cute

Precocious?

Not sure if you both know each other, I just found it odd that you seem to assume he(she?) is a child.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

182. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

Isn't there a fad where girls (and some boys too, why not) actually permanently modify their bodies to look like unrealistic, totally uncanny valley material anime girls and dolls?

Not Anime, well nothing beyond makeup magic. Barbie is still the biggest one, one woman changed her name to Barbie, had millions in plastic surgery, then got a boyfriend and made him become Ken. If anything, Barbie is still the cause for most objectification.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

183. Posted:

KittenKoder wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Isn't there a fad where girls (and some boys too, why not) actually permanently modify their bodies to look like unrealistic, totally uncanny valley material anime girls and dolls?

Not Anime, well nothing beyond makeup magic. Barbie is still the biggest one, one woman changed her name to Barbie, had millions in plastic surgery, then got a boyfriend and made him become Ken. If anything, Barbie is still the cause for most objectification.

Oooooooh right! I remember the Barbie girl. The anime thing was full-body suits, right? Still kinda creepy to look at though.

Though I do remember reading somewhere of young people in Japan and nearby areas that got surgeries to "enlarge" their eyes. To imitate better the anime look.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

184. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Isn't there a fad where girls (and some boys too, why not) actually permanently modify their bodies to look like unrealistic, totally uncanny valley material anime girls and dolls?

Not Anime, well nothing beyond makeup magic. Barbie is still the biggest one, one woman changed her name to Barbie, had millions in plastic surgery, then got a boyfriend and made him become Ken. If anything, Barbie is still the cause for most objectification.

Oooooooh right! I remember the Barbie girl. The anime thing was full-body suits, right? Still kinda creepy to look at though.

There could be a full body suit thing for the Anime fans, but I have only heard of the makeup tricks. Oddly, the makeup tricks work, and they work well too. It's almost creepy how much like an Anime girl they look.

Barbie has actual correlation to objectification of self, though there is none to external objectification. The problem is that correlation is not causation, and we know getting rid of Barbie from the world would not stop people objectifying themselves. That's what a lot o the anti-insert-stupid-thing-to-attack people are forgetting. Often when someone becomes obsessed with something specific, the actual cause is that they are mentally unstable and need serious help before this obsession interferes with their lives, or worse. Addictive substances, like tobacco or crack, are the only exception, they don't need any mental problems to become addicted to such substances because .... chemistry. :P

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

185. Posted:

@Stereoman My post wasn't specifically about He-Man, it was more about how fictional male characters generally don't get objectified, they get idealized. And kids can pretend they're the flesh and bone He-Man they see in the show if they want to. It's called make-believe, and it's awesome. :)

By the way: I don't think you know a lot of the words you used there because you first call my post "retarded" meaning it's slow in its development (which is kind of confusing since it's a post), but then you call it "precocious" which would mean it's fast in its development. Now I may just be an arrogant and stupid teenager, but I'm pretty sure something (especially a person which, let's be honest, is what you meant) can't be slow and fast. Next time, you might wanna at least Google the definitions of words before you use them.

@Moorpheel (Hah! I just got the name-change XD) It's all in the profile. I'm a 15 year-old Male.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

I am the cleverest, most talented writer that ever friggin' lived.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

186. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@Stereoman My post wasn't specifically about He-Man, it was more about how fictional male characters generally don't get objectified, they get idealized. And kids can pretend they're the flesh and bone He-Man they see in the show if they want to. It's called make-believe, and it's awesome. :)

.....

I removed the parts that I will not address. You are partially correct, however, idealizing is also a form of objectification. ;) They also do cause some people to objectify themselves, but as I said prior to this, they have to be mentally unstable for it to be a real problem anyway.

FYI: She-ra was one of my idols when I was young, but no way I want to look like that now.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stereoman

187. Posted:

@ mickey

your the best example for someone who is slow and pretending to be fast at the same time. When u already want to take the words literally.
You were slow since u still didnt understand my post about your wrong view of object and ideal.
And you think you are fast in thinking since ur answer was again precocious. First think and then answer.
And yes i very well know the meaning of words, but u seem not to understand the meaning of words in their given context, so the ball is on your side....
But lets leave that matter it will indulge in more flaming.

Edited on by Stereoman

Stereoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

188. Posted:

You keep using the word precocious while talking about written text and I still am confused by what you're trying to say.

But yeah, this thread is not about he man or sterio man or other random men. We should drop the topic and let the thread die.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stereoman

189. Posted:

no why should the thread die ?
Moorpheel ? Seriously ? its an important topic.

And it certainly helps to develop the game industry and change the views on that medium.

And actually this topic is about men and woman. Obviously u read a totally different topic morpheel or i dont know what happened to you.
This topic is about over objectification of woman in senran kagura. And it was concerned if that happened to male protagonists in the past as well.
And thats a totally legit topic to talk about a specific game content part.

and no i dont speak about written text. i speak about an expressing person. context ...

Edited on by Stereoman

Stereoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

190. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

no why should the thread die ?
Moorpheel ? Seriously ? its an important topic.

And it certainly helps to develope the game industry and change the views on that medium.

The thing is that... No one is talking about this thread at all.

This thread is about Senran Kagura and its possible bad effects on the minds of children. Not whether or not He-Man is an objectification of impossible male standards or if She-Ra has a ghastly taste in clothing.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stereoman

191. Posted:

Of course those example are related to this topic.
It showed that other media in the past did the same bad mistake in designing their protagonists.
And it shows that game designers in the present didnt learn from the mistakes of past media.
So the game industry has still a long way to mature and grow up.

Stereoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

192. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

no why should the thread die ?
Moorpheel ? Seriously ? its an important topic.

And it certainly helps to develop the game industry and change the views on that medium.

and no i dont speak about written text. i speak about an expressing person. context ...

The problem is that the only realistic solution does not involve the media or censoring content, at all. The message is falling on deaf ears because of that one fact. The actual causes for things blamed on various media are things we have to deal with on individual levels, not en-mass.

Objectification is caused by a social problem, not a media one, the media does not actually sway society, in reality society sways media. What is popular sells, what is popular will then be offered more. The fun fact of this is that we cannot even use media as a yard stick for our social problems because healthy people will always have fantasies that are horrible in the real world. What makes them healthy is that they keep their fantasies as fantasies.

Obsessions, you cannot be addicted to anything that does not chemically alter the physiology, is an aspect often cited in these attempts to push the blame. Obsession is a mental instability, though almost all are harmless, really. They become harmful when the one with the obsession does not seek a healthy outlet, or seeks to harm others to fulfill that obsession. The latter is when people often, incorrectly mind you, call it an addiction. It's not an addiction because it was not caused by an altering of the physiology, most often it's actually a genetic trait, one which can be seen as a defect.

This is why I stress the need for scientific education in the world. We have a thorough understanding of the human body, and that includes the brain, and we know what causes many things which people are still trying to blame on unrelated aspects of society and life. The evidence is there, if you are but willing to seek it out.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stereoman

193. Posted:

yeah and some dont want to seek it out and better let it "die" or ignore that topic.

So Moorpheel u totally like senran kagura and arent opposed with it at all ?

I for myself am opposed. You ask why ? Because its some sort of anti commercial for japan culture in my mind. A general westener sees this game and thinks : " ok again the japanese have made it, all those people on this island must be perverted. "

Yes this is an exaggeration. And no im not rassist here. I dont know japanese people (so i cant tell how they really think and feel), but i dont think such games do a good service to the views on their culture and what not. And dont forget the 3ds letterbox didnt get shut down by american abusers or what not. The service got shut down because of japanese abusers. And yes every culture got criminals and such, but you cant deny that some sort of view or handling of specific topics open doors and dams for other worse actions. And yes this is a typical slippery slope argument, but that doesnt make it any less valid.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Stereoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

194. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

Of course those example are related to this topic.
It showed that other media in the past did the same bad mistake in designing their protagonists.
And it shows that game designers in the present didnt learn from the mistakes of past media.
So the game industry has still a long way to mature and grow up.

This thread started from the idea that being exposed to bouncy breasts in a japanese game will generate an obsession with them and a new generation of uncontrollable perverts without respect for the female body.

While that may have at least some influence in the mind of really young people, depending on how are things handled... The thing is that the industry doesn't need to mature. This product is intended for a more specific and grown up audience.

The industry doesn't need to watch out for their designs, nobody can generate the perfect character that will be loved by all and hated by none. They simply resort to adapting their designs to fit the necessities of their customers...

If that makes sense.

About the game... I have no idea of how it looks at all. To be honest it's the first time I hear about it... But from the sound of it, it doesn't seem like something I'd personally enjoy. Both from gameplay and artistic point of views.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

195. Posted:

The only "goal" that was set for me, by fictional characters, was to be athletic. Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and fighting characters were what I would look at for athletic inspiration. This was when I was much younger, though.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

196. Posted:

Love it when a niche game that isn't even that high profile gets this much ... attention, but some worse games equally as low profile are just mneh.

You know a game does exist where you are the man who shoots JFK?

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stereoman

197. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

The industry doesn't need to watch out for their designs, nobody can generate the perfect character that will be loved by all and hated by none. They simply resort to adapting their designs to fit the necessities of their customers...

If that makes sense.

yeah and with that sentence u very well did refute yourself.

Since the industry has very well to watch out for their designs and products since they got a responsility at which audience those products are aimed for.
And i do claim that adult people wouldnt be that much interested in senran kagura, since those have already passed this phase of life and moved on to other level.

So who are drawn into that kind of jiggling breasts ? Bingo its teenage boys. And since they are still half children they can be very well manipulated and distorted. So yes developers have responsability even more since they milk thousands of younglings.

Edited on by Stereoman

Stereoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

198. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

yeah and some dont want to seek it out and better let it "die" or ignore that topic.

So Moorpheel u totally like senran kagura and arent opposed with it at all ?

I for myself am opposed. You ask why ? Because its some sort of anti commercial for japan culture in my mind. A general westener sees this game and thinks : " ok again the japanese have made it, all those people on this island must be perverted. "

Yes this is an exaggeration. And no im not rassist here. I dont know japanese people (so i cant tell how they really think and feel), but i dont think such games do a good service to the views on their culture and what not. And dont forget the 3ds letterbox didnt get shut down by american abusers or what not. The service got shut down because of japanese abusers. And yes every culture got criminals and such, but you cant deny that some sort of view or handling of specific topics open doors and dams for other worse actions. And yes this is a typical slippery slope argument, but that doesnt make it any less valid.

You are contradicting yourself a lot here. Not to mention, you are really trying to think for everyone else. Some of us see anything from Japan and we think "huh, this may have something cool in it," but I cannot say what everyone thinks, or even begin to guess what everyone thinks. I once checked a link on Wikipedia about Anime, someone had edited to call it pedophilia, they said it was all child porn, all of it, even Voltron. Of course the admins eventually fixed that page, but now it's on another wiki site. The point is that people often attack things they don't understand, which is what I have seen in this thread the most.

Letting it die would be nice, but then people who think like you, or the OP, would be capable of learning, and then spreading, misinformation posted by people like someone in this thread that shall not be named. I get that you're a sensitive guy, everyone wants to look like they care, but just caring is not enough. Seek the real problems and leave people to their own fantasies when they are harmless.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

199. Posted:

O.o You do know I meant teenagers when I said "grown up audience" right? I mean, the game it's rated T. That means the content is safe enough for well adjusted teens.

Not sure how it's around there, but I know I wasn't a playdoh-head when I was a teenager.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shaneoh

200. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Love it when a niche game that isn't even that high profile gets this much ... attention, but some worse games equally as low profile are just mneh.

You know a game does exist where you are the man who shoots JFK?

Know it exists. Yet to play it. Can't be any worse than all the WWII shooters.

shaneoh

Sorry, this topic has been locked.