3DS Forum

Topic: Anyone else opposed to Senran Kagura?

Showing 201 to 220 of 238

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stereoman

201. Posted:

@ kittenkoder
Yeah but video games are not a therapy for harmless perverted people. And who are you to decide they are harmless or harmful ?
It's like saying yeah lets give pedophiles all free beer, since when they are drunken till coma they are harmless to everyone and live happily ever after.
Video games are a medium for a broad audience and thus they got a responsibility in the societies they are consumed in.

Stereoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

202. Posted:

Stereoman wrote:

@ kittenkoder
Yeah but video games are not a therapy for harmless perverted people. And who are you to decide they are harmless or harmful ?
It's like saying yeah lets give pedophiles all free beer, since when they are drunken till coma they are harmless to everyone and live happily ever after.
Video games are a medium for a broad audience and thus they got a responsibility in the societies they are consumed in.

Me? Where did I decide that they were harmless, I only cited the fact that they are harmless. Calling them harmless is a dismissal of the claim that they do cause harm, harmless being the negative claim, harmful being the positive claim. Provide any real evidence that suggests they cause harm, and I will stop dismissing that claim.

EDIT: I am referring to the video games specifically here.

Edited on by KittenKoder

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

203. Posted:

This thread is still a thing? LOL I see more posts here than that game probably sold in the last 24 hours :)

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

204. Posted:

faint wrote:

This thread is still a thing? LOL I see more posts here than that game probably sold in the last 24 hours :)

I know, I should just let it die, but meh. Even though I don't like the game, I must defend the rights of others so as to protect my right to not like the game. :P

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

205. Posted:

KittenKoder wrote:

faint wrote:

This thread is still a thing? LOL I see more posts here than that game probably sold in the last 24 hours :)

I know, I should just let it die, but meh. Even though I don't like the game, I must defend the rights of others so as to protect my right to not like the game. :P

I'd love to keep at it too (I feel the comoulsive need to defend things from unfair accusations) but, honestly, this won't really go anywhere.

I will consider sleeping instead.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

206. Posted:

So… anybody change their mind about opposed to Senran Kagura? Is it an valid question right?

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spanjard

207. Posted:

After reading this thread, I think a lot of people will now buy this game just to find out if they really are pervert or not.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

208. Posted:

Yeah, I didn't actually want this to turn into the He-Man thread, I just used the titular character within his own universe (again, not the toy or fan-fiction) as an example of a character created specifically for boys and idealized so that kids would want to [buy the toys, but that's a whole other story] grow up and be like him. Yes, it's possible for He-Man and others like him to be objectified, but they weren't created for that purpose, and they weren't made to look that way so people who admire the characters' gender could fawn over them, unlike characters from DOA and several other games I don't know about because I've made enough good life choices.

I hope that clears some things up so we can get back to the topic that I won't talk about.

@KittenKoder I didn't touch on this in the last post, and I don't know where you're coming from when you say idealization is another form of objectification, but yes: Idealization is a problem, but it's a different problem from objectification and it's not equal since idealization (at least, for male characters) is generally not that bad. I mean, having all male characters be tall, strong, heroic, and brave isn't necessarily good, but I'd much rather have my gender represented that way than all male characters having no personality or life outside of their physical appearance. If you disagree, that's fine, and thank you for being civil in our discussion. :)

I'm sorry I stayed in this thread for so long, but I'll leave now since I have nothing to add to this discussion. Bye! :)

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Don't hang around fire expecting not to sweat.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

209. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@KittenKoder I didn't touch on this in the last post, and I don't know where you're coming from when you say idealization is another form of objectification, but yes: Idealization is a problem, but it's a different problem from objectification and it's not equal since idealization (at least, for male characters) is generally not that bad. I mean, having all male characters be tall, strong, heroic, and brave isn't necessarily good, but I'd much rather have my gender represented that way than all male characters having no personality or life outside of their physical appearance. If you disagree, that's fine, and thank you for being civil in our discussion. :)

I'm sorry I stayed in this thread for so long, but I'll leave now since I have nothing to add to this discussion. Bye! :)

I am "coming from" a scientific perspective, as I always do. Idealization is objectification, dancing around it does not change that fact.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

3Dkid

210. Posted:

This is strange to my thread end up the way it did. I especially didn't expect it to blow up in this way. After all it was only a opinion, an opinion from someone nobody knows.

To see people fighting each other the way some people did did kinda, in a way hurt me too. But, in this, I get to see the condition of our society and our ways.

It's like people hate to hear peoples opinions that contradict their own. What is wrong with another opinion?

Usually, when something like this happens they are fighting to support their own beliefs and lifestyle that is being threatened, not so much the person giving their perspective. So I'm not afflicted by such negative words towards me.

Anyway, this has been a suprisingly educational experience.

If you have anything else to say about this thead, please do. However, avoid confrontation.

☆604 & 316★

Favorite Video Game: Kid Icarus: Uprising
Speaking of Kid Icarus, check out this website Kid Icarus: Uprising Tools.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5400-2184-7315

3DS Friend Code: 0619-3651-5241 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueJay316

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

211. Posted:

the problem here is that the people against the game are too extreme. I'm a good healty guy that has a perfectly normal life. I watch some ecchi anime(though I dislike excessive fanservice) and would love to play this game. I have "friends" who hate this kind of stuff and they are the pervert porn addicts that only talk about sex(the very reason I stopped talking with them) not me... it's not a matter wheter the game is good or bad it's a matter of the player having a stable mind to not get affected by it in a bad way.

don't blame the games that are reviewed and rated, checked from top to bottom before going to the public, blame the players who aren't.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

212. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

the problem here is that the people against the game are too extreme. I'm a good healty guy that has a perfectly normal life. I watch some ecchi anime(though I dislike excessive fanservice) and would love to play this game. I have "friends" who hate this kind of stuff and they are the pervert porn addicts that only talk about sex(the very reason I stopped talking with them) not me... it's not a matter wheter the game is good or bad it's a matter of the player having a stable mind to not get affected by it in a bad way.

don't blame the games that are reviewed and rated, checked from top to bottom before going to the public, blame the players who aren't.

Post of the thread.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

213. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame that's... exactly what I was trying to say earlier. The game is not at fault. The game has done nothing. It's all perception.

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

214. Posted:

3Dkid wrote:

This is strange to my thread end up the way it did. I especially didn't expect it to blow up in this way. After all it was only a opinion, an opinion from someone nobody knows.

To see people fighting each other the way some people did did kinda, in a way hurt me too. But, in this, I get to see the condition of our society and our ways.

It's like people hate to hear peoples opinions that contradict their own. What is wrong with another opinion?

Usually, when something like this happens they are fighting to support their own beliefs and lifestyle that is being threatened, not so much the person giving their perspective. So I'm not afflicted by such negative words towards me.

Anyway, this has been a suprisingly educational experience.

If you have anything else to say about this thread, please do. However, avoid confrontation.

I'm sorry but you pretty much started this thread off by insulting every person who has brought and played the game or is planning to by stating they have no morals and tried to play it down by throwing in an "I don't know". I had never heard of the series or games before NL started covering and decided myself to read their review before passing judgement and from reading I'm well aware there is a lot of fanservice (which although I jest a bit about I don't have an interest in) but there is still a solid capable side scrolling brawler underneath, I feel people have focused so much on the negative with out looking at the positive just my thoughts on the matter might buy it might not waiting for ONM review because I personally just enjoy beat em ups like streets of rage and there is not enough of them on 3DS imo.

Edited on by Jazzer94

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

3Dkid

215. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

3Dkid wrote:

This is strange to my thread end up the way it did. I especially didn't expect it to blow up in this way. After all it was only a opinion, an opinion from someone nobody knows.

To see people fighting each other the way some people did did kinda, in a way hurt me too. But, in this, I get to see the condition of our society and our ways.

It's like people hate to hear peoples opinions that contradict their own. What is wrong with another opinion?

Usually, when something like this happens they are fighting to support their own beliefs and lifestyle that is being threatened, not so much the person giving their perspective. So I'm not afflicted by such negative words towards me.

Anyway, this has been a suprisingly educational experience.

If you have anything else to say about this thread, please do. However, avoid confrontation.

I'm sorry but you pretty much started this thread off by insulting every person who has brought and played the game or is planning to by stating they have no morals and tried to play it down by throwing in an "I don't know". I had never heard of the series or games before NL started covering and decided myself to read their review before passing judgement and from reading I'm well aware there is a lot of fanservice (which although I jest a bit about I don't have an interest in) but there is still a solid capable side scrolling brawler underneath, I feel people have focused so much on the negative with out looking at the positive just my thoughts on the matter might buy it might not waiting for ONM review because I personally just enjoy beat em ups like streets of rage and there is not enough of them on 3DS imo.

I said "i dont know" because I really didn't know. Be sure to see the other side of the words.
I would have said now that morals have been compromised but I don't think it'll change the outcome so much.

☆604 & 316★

Favorite Video Game: Kid Icarus: Uprising
Speaking of Kid Icarus, check out this website Kid Icarus: Uprising Tools.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5400-2184-7315

3DS Friend Code: 0619-3651-5241 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueJay316

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

216. Posted:

3Dkid wrote:

I said "i dont know" because I really didn't know. Be sure to see the other side of the words.
I would have said now that morals have been compromised but I don't think it'll change the outcome so much.

Perhaps you feel your "morals" have been compromised, but morality is a subjective aspect and your morals are not enforceable on anyone else. That's the flaw in your thinking here, there is nothing to compromise, most of us know this is a non-issue blown way out of proportion by people who assume their morals are, or should be, standard. Well, they aren't.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

217. Posted:

I am not particularly interested in it.

Stuff like Advanced Variable Geo or Doki Doki Majo Shinpan do strike a chord as being just wrong though.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

218. Posted:

Hey guys, the next time I want a new IP to sell well, can we find some nonsense controversy and make it more popular that way? Because that seems to work for some reason.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KittenKoder

219. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Hey guys, the next time I want a new IP to sell well, can we find some nonsense controversy and make it more popular that way? Because that seems to work for some reason.

Shh, fake controversy is one of the best advertising ploys in the world.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

220. Posted:

KittenKoder wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Hey guys, the next time I want a new IP to sell well, can we find some nonsense controversy and make it more popular that way? Because that seems to work for some reason.

Shh, fake controversy is one of the best advertising ploys in the world.

Let's make a game where the main character is an sterotypcial italo-american bodyguard and he gruesomely kills innocents and members of other bands by crushing them with his feet while under the influence of mushrooms and other drugs that make him stronger.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sorry, this topic has been locked.