Forums

Topic: 3DS shopping channel

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Oregano

Iwata gave a quick glimpse of the 3DS shopping channel at the investor briefing and it already sounds like a good step forward.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/29/3ds_shopping_chan...

Mainly stuff we already knew about like it being the shopping channel and Nintendo channel mixed but demos being confirmed is a good thing and it seems a lot more seamless which is always good.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

theblackdragon

iphys wrote:

Does anyone know whether we'll be able to gift games to other 3DS systems like on the Wii?

i have no idea, but that would be so killer. i've gifted a lot of WiiWare/VC stuff, traded with friends and the like, and the 3DS seems to be so focused on connecting with other people... it'd be a great feature IMO.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

D33G

theblackdragon wrote:

iphys wrote:

Does anyone know whether we'll be able to gift games to other 3DS systems like on the Wii?

i have no idea, but that would be so killer. i've gifted a lot of WiiWare/VC stuff, traded with friends and the like, and the 3DS seems to be so focused on connecting with other people... it'd be a great feature IMO.

I've never gifted anyone, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

Yasume

Demos? That's awesome. I would like some new WiiWare demos too, btw.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

LuWiiGi

Welcome to NLife, deegan!

Anyway, I think what the 3DS Shopping Channel needs is good advertising. Despite what many people think, there are a lot of gems on both WiiWare and DSiWare, but you have to be good at finding them (or just read NL's reviews ) because Nintendo don't exactly present these games to you. You're left to search and scan the Shop Channels for yourself using a crappy interface. In fact, there are actually quite a lot of Wii owners who don't know about WiiWare because The Big N simply haven't been taking it seriously enough. It looks like Nintendo's starting to get the idea with the 3DS, after saying that they'll be 'pushing' content to gamers instead of leaving the gamers to find things out for themselves, and Iwata has already said the menus and interface will be far better than that of the DSiWare Shop.

Oh, and to add to that there should be demos and gifting like others said, and also DLC like Mii accessories (if they're free) as well as Games on Demand and Indie Games.

Edited on by LuWiiGi

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

D33G

"...and Iwata has already said the menus and interface will be far better than that of the DSiWare Shop." - LuWiiGi

@LuWiiGi it better be! The DSiWare Shop was slow and was hard tonavigate. You could barely tell what you were buying!

Edited on by D33G

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

LuWiiGi

@deegan Yeah, if I wanted a 500-point game that began with a letter near the end of the alphabet it would mean spending five minutes slowly scrolling through page after page of shovelware to find it. Plus, the looding times were unbearable! I'm glad Iwata recognises these problems.

Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

Oregano

That's what the Nintendo channel is for though and it does have a lot of content. Some games don't get anything on the Nintendo channel but the big ones do. In fact on the Wiiware pages of the Nintendo channel there's even a button that takes you to the game on the shop channel. A lot of what Nintendo is doing is already kind of there... it just gets ignored by most people.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

LuWiiGi

@Oregano Well I don't have a Wii, so I wouldn't know. I still think the WiiWare advertising is pretty awful compared to other platforms though.

nuclearmuffin

Is that a new Panel de Pon/Puzzle League game I see in that video!? (the game shown right after Dr Mario DSi Ware)

Seems like a DSi Ware game from the video (it has a picture of a DSi next to it)

Can someone who reads Japanese confirm if it is or not?

nuclearmuffin

cheapogamer4life

LuWiiGi wrote:

@deegan Yeah, if I wanted a 500-point game that began with a letter near the end of the alphabet it would mean spending five minutes slowly scrolling through page after page of shovelware to find it.

Naw, instead of scrolling forward you can just scroll back and start at the end and work your way backwards (I guess not many people know about that,wonder why). Now finding a game that starts with a letter in the middle of the alphabet is a chour for sure.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

LuWiiGi

@cheapogamer4life What? So all this time - grr...

Well cheapo, once again you saved me from more frustration!

Oregano

The main thing they need to do with the Wii is just post the weekly update on the messageboard and possibly a few screens with them. That'd probably help a lot but yeah... the Nintendo channel has nearly all the info you need. I don't get why people neglect it.

Hardy83

Nintendo Wii's online system is a lost cause, it should be abandoned buried, forgotten, the buried spot nuked 10 times and then leave the planet and never mention it again.

Their next system, which will more than likely be announce next year, should be their come back to finally come into the online era.
And I say next year because all previous years were good years to announce a new system, but next year they would be REALLY REALLY stupid not to. With Move, Kinect being able to do pretty much what Wii does and those systems prices getting lower and lower, the Wii has nowhere to go...That and most people already have it. lol

I'm pessimistic about the 3DS still because of other unanswered questions like browser ability, video chat options, social networking blah blah. But this is a good start, now if they'll just explain how DSiWare purchases are transferred over, unless that was an empty promise like Sony with the Go.

Hardy83

RoyalBlur

I really like the new interface for the 3DS Shopping Channel. It's a lot better than the current interface on the DSiShop although I've always been able to find good in the DSiShop because I google and check out reviews and discuss the games on forums and twitter with others.

Still, the new interface for the 3DS Shopping Channel is absolutely SMASHING! It's gorgeous to say the very lest. I know I'll be making use of that Demo system!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.