Sales of the mighty Nintendo 3DS are truly starting to grind to a halt now, but software sales continue to trickle in as the transition to Switch continues to take place.
We've already looked at the top ten best-selling Switch games earlier today, but let's now shift our attention to the 3DS for old times' sake. It probably won't come as much of a shock that Mario Kart 7 is still in pole position, and it actually sold around 300,000 copies in the last six months.
The following list shows the best-selling Nintendo-published 3DS games as of 31st December 2019, with both physical and digital sales included:
Top Ten Best-Selling Nintendo 3DS Games (as of 31st December 2019):
1) Mario Kart 7 - 18.68 million
2) Pokémon X and Y - 16.44 million
3) Pokémon Sun and Moon - 16.18 million
4) Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - 14.26 million
5) New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 13.32 million
6) Super Mario 3D Land - 12.67 million
7) Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 12.45 million
8) Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 9.57 million
9) Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon - 8.70 million
10) Tomodachi Life - 6.55 million
Do you own many of these top-selling games yourself? Any surprises on the list? Tell us below.