As part of Nintendo's latest financial report, which has revealed that the Nintendo Switch has now surpassed the SNES' lifetime sales, the company has released an updated list of its best-selling games on its latest system.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still reigns supreme as the console's best-selling title, but a couple of newcomers have burst onto the scene since the last update Nintendo provided. Both Super Mario Maker 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening have been knocked out of the top ten thanks to the arrival of Luigi's Mansion 3 and the mindblowing sales achieved by Pokémon Sword and Shield.
We compared Sword and Shield's tremendous opening sales to the lifetime sales achieved by past Pokémon games earlier this morning - the numbers are staggering.
You can see the full top ten below (bear in mind that the data only references Nintendo-published titles).
Top Ten Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games (as of 31st December 2019):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 22.96 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 17.68 million
- Super Mario Odyssey - 16.59 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 16.34 million
- Pokémon Sword and Shield - 16.06 million
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 11.76 million
- Splatoon 2 - 9.81 million
- Super Mario Party - 9.12 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 5.85 million
- Luigi's Mansion 3 - 5.37 million
The numbers above are worldwide sales and include retail, digital, and copies bundled with hardware all combined.
Any surprises? Perhaps Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be the next game to threaten the top ten. Feel free to share your thoughts below.