Forums

Topic: The Conduit 2 Details Revealed

Posts 261 to 280 of 372

King_Boo

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

I'm stuck in the Washington D.C. level. I went through an emergency exit door into a partial subway tunnel and took out the Mite nests, but now I can't figure out how to get anywhere else, and I don't have an objective marker. What do I do?

CoffeeWithGames, don't forget that they're releasing patches this time. They've already sent out two of them.

there's a sub way car in the middle, go in and look up, jump through the opening and you'll be past the ruble.

Full name King Boo the Nefarious
3DS FC: 5241-1931-6226
PSN: King_Boo922
Nintendo Network ID: KingBoo
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922

BulbasaurusRex

When is NL going to review Conduit 2 to provide a fresh read after these other weird reviews? I don't think players really care that much that the plot is generic with bad dialogue in a relatively short single player mode. The reviews should be concentrating on the gameplay and the multiplayer modes. This game is at least as good as Goldeneye Wii, maybe even better.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

SigourneyBeaver

Did anyone else have the first level completely disappear on them, plunging them into the sea?

Sigourney Beaver.

SigourneyBeaver

Despite the awkward controls, this does get lots of fun in the Washington DC level

Sigourney Beaver.

spizzamarozzi

Been playing it since yesterday and I really like it so far. Controls are great if you care to experiment with the custom possibilities...the default controls didn't work that much for me (too fast, too sensitive etc), but after adjusting a couple of options they feel natural now. The enemies' AI seems definitely improved aswell, and I'm glad they got rid (although partially, because you will find them in this game aswell) of that nests/conduits enemy re-spawning system that made some of the levels of the first game a bit of a mess. Boss fights are very fun and creative (first boss is awesome). I liked the trick of setting the various levels in locations so different (China, Siberia etc) and although they make the whole experience feel a little disjointed, it's nice to play in so many different environments (the first Conduit tended to be a bit monotonous in its ambientation). As for the plot, who cares? It's one of these games where you have to shoot anything that moves, it would be a mistake to approach it expecting some narrative enjoyment. There's a nice, unexpected plot twist at some point though. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but as for the single player mode, I'm very positive so far.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

BulbasaurusRex

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll most likely pass on this one, but how does it stack up against the original?

Basically, they improved and/or fixed all the faults of the first game except for the music and voice acting / dialogue.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

King_Boo

anybody get a laugh from the super mario bros. reference in one of the hidden messages?

Full name King Boo the Nefarious
3DS FC: 5241-1931-6226
PSN: King_Boo922
Nintendo Network ID: KingBoo
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922

Tate24

Ive just traded in SSF4 & pilotwings and got conduit 2 am proppa made up:):)

If we knew how small we were are problems wouldn't seem so BIG!

JonWahlgren

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

When is NL going to review Conduit 2 to provide a fresh read after these other weird reviews? I don't think players really care that much that the plot is generic with bad dialogue in a relatively short single player mode. The reviews should be concentrating on the gameplay and the multiplayer modes. This game is at least as good as Goldeneye Wii, maybe even better.

I've submitted the review to our proofers, and I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. I...really didn't care for this game, at all.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

romulux

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

I've submitted the review to our proofers, and I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. I...really didn't care for this game, at all.

sounds like another review with a lower score than the original game. as much room for improvement as there still is i think conduit 2 deserves a little more praise than it's gotten, they really did make some big leaps in their art direction and level design. there are some lulls (they make you play the subway level a third time!) but even at it's worst it's as good as the first game was at it's best. if it were a little longer and you gutted practically all of the dialog (it's really awful) it'd be a pretty impressive game.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

JonWahlgren

romulux wrote:

if it were a little longer and you gutted practically all of the dialog (it's really awful) it'd be a pretty impressive game.

The dialog is pretty awful, but yeah, I'll have to disagree with the rest.

JonWahlgren

BulbasaurusRex

Jon+Wahlgren wrote:

romulux wrote:

if it were a little longer and you gutted practically all of the dialog (it's really awful) it'd be a pretty impressive game.

The dialog is pretty awful, but yeah, I'll have to disagree with the rest.

Try doing some control customizations. You obviously didn't try very hard at it if you couldn't even figure out how to shrink the dead zone like you said in your review. Even the lower scores among the other reviews agree this game is quite a bit better than the original game.

On another topic, where exactly is the health bar? I can't find any indication of my health outside of the red outline and heavy breathing that indicates low health.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

kkslider5552000

I dunno, I would trust the review that gives the game a lower score and DOESN'T say it's better than the first game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JonWahlgren

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

Try doing some control customizations. You obviously didn't try very hard at it if you couldn't even figure out how to shrink the dead zone like you said in your review. Even the lower scores among the other reviews agree this game is quite a bit better than the original game.

On another topic, where exactly is the health bar? I can't find any indication of my health outside of the red outline and heavy breathing that indicates low health.

No, OBVIOUSLY I had no idea how to figure out the options menu in either game in this middling franchise. Clearly I'm just bad at video games. Clearly I didn't try very hard to understand the game's mechanics.

Glad to see you're in the same boat as I, or you would have realized that they abandoned the health bar in favor of regenerative health. Welcome aboard!

JonWahlgren

BulbasaurusRex

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I dunno, I would trust the review that gives the game a lower score and DOESN'T say it's better than the first game.

Are you trusting it over all the other reviews, which all say it is better than the first game even if they didn't all score it accordingly?

BulbasaurusRex

Jon+Wahlgren wrote:

Bulbasaurus+Rex wrote:

No, OBVIOUSLY I had no idea how to figure out the options menu in either game in this middling franchise. Clearly I'm just bad at video games. Clearly I didn't try very hard to understand the game's mechanics.

Assuming this is sarcasm, then how come you couldn't figure out how to shrink the dead zone and/or change the "camera styles" option to use the dead zone? It's not that hard to do or figure out.

Glad to see you're in the same boat as I, or you would have realized that they abandoned the health bar in favor of regenerative health. Welcome aboard!

Um, the first one (after the first 3 levels) also had regenerative health (as does practically every other modern FPS), but it also had a health bar. It's just a weird omission but only a very minor flaw.

JonWahlgren

Please quote the part of the review where I say I couldn't figure out the dead zone.

JonWahlgren

BulbasaurusRex

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

Please quote the part of the review where I say I couldn't figure out the dead zone.

"MotionPlus...only seeming to allow cursor movement when pointing off-screen."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.