Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 566

Slapshot

Ive put a few hour into the game now, and I have to say, Ive died a good many time and it makes me happy. Some of the platforming is pretty tough really quickly. Long levels and creative ideas around each corner. Not perfect, camera gets screwed up a good bit and controls seem a little off at times, but minor complaints.

Im enjoying it a good deal. Didnt really even care much about this one, as Ive not been crazy about a 3D Mario since the N64. I think in an early judgment that its looking to easily beat out the first Galaxy, wich I have no intent to ever play again. Ill get back at it some more this weekend.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

NotEnoughGolds

I died about 30 times trying to nab star #120. I don't like the "Cosmic Guide" in this game.
It feels like Rosalina is mocking me every time I die.

NotEnoughGolds

metaknave

Woooo! I just did the wooden slide! It was awesome! I've got to stop using exclamation points! I died three times, but it was worth it. The remixed slide theme was amazing. Are there any other slide levels?

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 2750-5496-5112
Brawl Friend Code: 2664-6284-4177

nintendonerd0011

I'm at 98 stars right now, and got to the castle in world 6 last night before calling it quits. I finally got the comet coin in the level where you fly fluzzy (I think that's his name).

nintendonerd0011

Adam

I'm not sure myself. It's kind of awkward having both hub and map. I'm glad to see the map return, but the extra pointless step in between always bugs me, especially when I have to talk to that purple guy. Galaxy 1's hub was at least kind of elegant looking unlike the monstrosity we're faced with this time (though thankfully you usually start off right by the wheel). Hopefully in Galaxy 3 we'll just get one or the other.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

warioswoods

One problem that I've had with the recent Mario maps (NSMB/Wii, Galaxy2) is their left-right linearity. Sure, there are some branching paths, but they're still incredibly boring to navigate through, unlike the wonderful maps of Mario 3 and Mario World. If we're going to have a map screen, I'd prefer that they expand it to feel like its own journey, not just a horizontal list of accessible levels.

And, if we're going to have a hub, I'd rather go back to something like Mario 64's castle, which was the best hub world of all. I loved exploring it and finding secret levels.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Edwicket

Possible spoilers!

Does anyone know what you get (if anything) for beating the developers ghost Luigi races for each star?

Edwicket

warioswoods

I've been feeling ill today, which is bad for all the things I needed to get done, but good for Galaxy 2. 28 stars in now, and I still can't decide which game I prefer. The pacing of this one is the biggest difference, along with the overall mood. Everything is much more streamlined towards pushing you forward to your present goal, which is good in some ways, but I also like those levels in the first game which feel more open and less rushed, as if they want you to look around and play instead of just dashing to the star.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

MetalMario

I finished it. That last star is intense.

In my opinion, 2 is a little better, simply because instead of half the stars being repeats with a different character, you have different stars and a different challenge. warioswoods is right though, the first did feel less rushed.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Slapshot

I wish it was just a Word Map as well, the whole ship thing seems kinda pointless to me.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Aviator

Looking at a few of the videos on youtube. How big are these friggen worlds, cause you have millions of massive galaxies inside.
Mind boggling.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

MetalMario

I guess they didn't need the Ice Flower. They didn't use the Spring or Boo powerups as much either.

MetalMario

Collinhall

Beat the game today, tis be awesome! I don't see how it was supposed to be 20% harder, it seemed 20% easier! Even the grimacing purple coin challenges were a breeze in galaxy 2, but still, it is a perfect game and deserves all of the credit its getting

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

MetalMario

Yeah, I thought the Rolling Ball stars were harder on the first one.

MetalMario

Joeynator3000

I noticed it was a bit harder, then again maybe we're just pro at this game. XD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LordJumpMad

Were are the Green stars, I havn't found any yet.

I just got up to a 100 stars today.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

warioswoods

Odnetnin wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

And, if we're going to have a hub, I'd rather go back to something like Mario 64's castle, which was the best hub world of all. I loved exploring it and finding secret levels.

I prefer Sunshine's hub, myself.

Actually. . . yeah, I also loved that one, more in retrospect than I realized. Hard to decide between it and 64. The hub-thing in Galaxy 2 is growing on me a bit, due to the wonderful backdrops that change for each world.

I'm enjoying the comet levels, by the way, and in particular the dark-marios that chase you around. The level with the Super Mario World music (and the hot peppers) had perhaps be most enjoyable speed-run challenge yet. On the subject of other changes from the first game, I personally preferred the String Ray to the Bird.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.