Forums

Topic: Kirby's Epic Yarn Hype Thread

Posts 321 to 333 of 333

rolLTheDice

Began playing it in co-op mode yesterday. And i have to say it's really fun. We've completed the first world so far.
The gameplay mechanics and challenges are fantastic and the possibilities to throw each other and not just play side to side like in Metal Slug for example are nice but a bit hard to handle sometimes . The actual cooperation is not as groundbreaking as in the Lego series of games but that's understandable since they don't really have any single player focus.
Music, sounds and graphics are all great. Especially the unique artbook style puts some nice smiles on my face.
The only gripes i have with the game is the bad narrator's voice acting in German. I don't know what it's like in the other languages but it makes the game seem targeted at kids that are no older than ten. Which doesn't kill the game for me but distincts it from the universal appeal the Mario and Donkey Kong games have.
Another bigger minus is Kirby's immortality. I don't have a problem with it in the normal stages since they're more about discovering things. They should at least have ditched it in the boss fights. But then again, maybe the youngsters enjoy it more that way.

@ WaveBoy: Maybe you should give the game a break and come back to these challenges after you're done with another lengthy game. At least that's what motivates me more sometimes.

And one more thing to all you guys diggin' the art style of the game.
Be sure to check out Hydroventure / Fluidity for WiiWare. KEY reminded me a lot of this game.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

ImDiggerDan

I've recently finished Kirby 100% and I don't understand any complaints about the game being too easy. Yes, most of the main "must complete to finish the game" levels are really easy and my 4 year old son has pretty much finished these on his own, but a lot of the optional levels and mini-games are incredibly tough.

Even if these additional levels were as easy as the main game, I wouldn't really care. It's taken me 19 hours to complete it. My son has got 20 hours out of the game also and my wife is planning to play it some time when she's not drowining in work, so we've paid less than £1 per hour of entertainment. That's not exactly bad value.

I'd much rather spend 20 hours playing through all the content of an easy game that is very well designed and interesting, experiencing all the aspects of that game than sped 20 hours playing the same sections of a much harder game over and over again trying to get past them to content that is effectively closed off to me.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

rolLTheDice

@WaveBoy: We're not that far into the game yet. We just managed to beat all the stages in the second world yesterday.

And the immortality in boss fights seems to be growing on me. I enjoyed the second one way more than the first.
I was remembered that in co-op you can do some timed actions in the vehicle sections too. So i actually couldn't ask for much more in that department.
Where the real Nintendo detail comes in though is in the gameplay and the scenes when a sticker opens a new level. I find these animations to be very inspired and funny.
In short i'm totally blown away by the game yet and i can easily overlook the German pre-school voice acting in a game that's so refreshing.

PS: I mainly wrote my first impressions to tell you guys this one thing: "If you like (the art style of) KEY be sure to check out Hydroventure / Fluidity." And no, i'm not getting any cent for advertising this game.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

ImDiggerDan

@WaveBoy - They seem to visit your flat after you finish a stage in the main game. Go play an easy stage, see if one pays you a visit.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

she_gamer

WaveBoy wrote:

The Tenant stages for me was a mixture of fun and being a chore.

PS: who else LOVES the stage in Treat Land 'Dark Manor'? I'm always a sucker for spooky themed haunted house stages, and it's easily got one of the best songs in the game as well.

I LOVE the Dark Manor stage!! By far my favourite... I even paused it so I could listen to the music... cutest spooky music ever... definitely the best stage.
Also, I save pretty much all the tenant stages for the end, and I'm kinda glad I did. I think it would have interrupted the flow of the main game too much to always be driving back to that stage. And after getting all the tenants moved in, I could switch up the types of mini games I was working on from time to time (i liked the racing ones best).

Edited on by she_gamer

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

jaffa

This game is soo fun I played it non-stop once I got it and I'm still playing it
also does anybody else think this game deserves a sequel?

cause I sure as hell do

jaffa

jaffa

WaveBoy wrote:

JafriYakin wrote:

This game is soo fun I played it non-stop once I got it and I'm still playing it
also does anybody else think this game deserves a sequel?

cause I sure as hell do

Maybe...Only if it's on Nintendo's next console in 1080p HD...HD yarn baby!....Actually scratch that, i'd love to see a sequal on the 3DS. Imagine yarn flipping and popping out of the screen?

By the way, I'm curious. What would you guys give Kirby's Epic Yarn out of 10?
Again with me.....It's a 9 at the most. I felt that there were moments of greatness, and the experience was WOWZA. But it's complete lack of challenge derailed the experience for me. Not to a stagering amount, but enough to make this game not exactly one of my Wii 'favorites' but close! 8.5

I'd give it an 11/10

cause it's just that awesome

jaffa

Joetherocker

My brother got it yesterday, so I'm probably going to start it next week once:

1. He's done with it.
and
2. I've finished my replay of Suepr Mario Galaxy 2 (90 stars so far and it's only been two days. Of course I've also been feeling sick...)

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Hokori

OtherL wrote:

May 22 - 28

Kirby's Epic Yarn at Target for $20 for America!

Yep just got it

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

LucinaSmash

Otak wrote:

OtherL wrote:

May 22 - 28

Kirby's Epic Yarn at Target for $20 for America!

Yep just got it

Now Kirby will help me let my waiting for eShop passing by

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Lun

Kirby is solid, that's all I can say. I've been hurrying through because my gamefly free membership expires tomorrow(games have to be recieved in 7 days.) I've got 3 hours in and the meter says Im 30 %. Something tells me I'm probably not quite that far yet. This game is inventive and has a great music score. Stages that I have already played twice: Flower Fields, Cool Cave, Mushroom Run, and Sweets Park.

Lun

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.