Forums

Topic: Badly Reviewed Games You like

Posts 201 to 220 of 238

DjPhatskillz

i think it started out like that starboy, but who cares! its a great idea for a thread, why limit it to just wii games, ya know?

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

odd69

TMNT reshelled

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

StarBoy91

Yoshi Touch & Go. Why are people so hard on this game? Yeah, it's short, but I still have a blast with it. It was the first DS title I've ever played, and one I play every once in a while.
And let's not forget Ecco Jr. for the MegaDrive......

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

StarBoy91

Oh, I almost forgot Mickey Mania. I never thought it a bad game, even when I was little. Maybe it's from the fact that I played the European-only PlayStation port and not the SNES or MegaDrive versions. Still, that is some nostalgic fun. Though I still need to beat Hard Mode.

To each their own

CanisWolfred

StarBoy91 wrote:

Yoshi Touch & Go. Why are people so hard on this game? Yeah, it's short, but I still have a blast with it. It was the first DS title I've ever played, and one I play every once in a while.
And let's not forget Ecco Jr. for the MegaDrive......

I've been meaning to pick up Yoshi Touch 'n' Go. I rarely see it in stores, though. Guess I'll have to look online.
And I was surprised how much I liked Ecco Jr.! Really is the most underrated game in the series, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StarBoy91

True dat, mickeymac.

To each their own

Supermarioman

Luigi's Mansion really is underapreciated....

Supermarioman

cheetahman91

Sonic 3D Blast. Why do people hate it so much? It's not that bad.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

StarBoy91

Super Mario Sunshine is underrated. Sure, it's no Super Mario 64 and maybe not as majestic as Super Mario Galaxy, but it's still a good time.
@cheetah - I agree, Sonic 3D Blast is underrated. It's a great Sonic title.

To each their own

CanisWolfred

Sonic 3D Blast was pretty good, although the isometric view took some getting used to. Still, it's probably one of the few good isometric platformers, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Trevor_Fox

I'm adding Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky to the list. Great game there.

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

Roebuck

I really like Castlevania: Judgment. I'm a CV fan and I know I shouldn't like it but I do.

Wii = 4691-1000-9564-5547

Raylax

All the Master System and spin-off Mega Drive Sonic's. Although that opinion is probably a little tainted by a huge amount of nostalgia.
MegaDrive Sonic Spinball especially. I don't understand why ONM seem to possess so much hate for this title.

EDIT: Oh yeah, all the mainstream Pokémon games (which are gaining gradually lower reviews and seems to be bizarrely subject to a heck of a lot of cries of "CASH IN" despite the fact that the series evolves at around the same pace as all Nintendo's other franchises. Seriously, go play Red/Blue and then Platinum, it's quite easy to see that the series hasn't remained the same for 15 years at all), and the Mystery Dungeon spin-offs.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Gigantorama

I actually found myself enjoying Rampage:Total Destruction as a Wii launch title. It was actually pretty sweet and for anyone who remembers the first game, it was really fun to go back and see.

Check out my gaming blog for news and deals!
http://gaminggoodies.blogspot.com/

Ren

I love this thread as it's giving me lots of budget titles to look out for since I'm pretty broke right now, but would love some new stuff to play.
I got a cheap copy of Wii Music and it's pretty fun, better than I expected but still takes a lot of digging to get into. The Drum set parts alone make it worth the price for me, since I used to play for years when I was younger and with the balance board its a pretty nice simulation of the real thing. none of the stupid fake drums like the other music games.

Excite truck is a favorite, and I can't wait to get excite bots. I never understood why people hate on excite truck, the wild physics of it are really nice and the steering control is really responsive and amazing. Really shows off the purpose of the Wii.

Starfox Command (is it lylat wars in UK?) on DS was the return to the original formula that I really craved and I loved the online play. The game was really fantastic, even if it got really hard later into it. I also never understood the hate on it when the same people (reviewers and users alike) always complain about the ground missions of the other ones. This had no ground missions and tightly followed the original formula, plus offered tons of missions and online dogfighting. I'll never get what the problem with it was, I still play it now.

So many others, but those are the big ones for me.

Ren

Roycar69

Red Steel was surprisingly my favorite Wii Shooter to date. I played through it twice to get both endings. I loved mastering the sword fighting (blocking, dodging, and breaking their sword). Yes, it had a high learning curve but once you got it down it was well worth it. When I saw a video of Adam Sessler (from XPlay) playing Red Steel I said to myself "He's not controlling it right" He was using his whole arm and not just his wrist. And that's why it got bad reviews. I loved the artistic style but apparently the critics did not.
Another game the family loved as a whole was Elebits. this game was fantastic. Another high learning curve but awesome fun to play when you figure out all the powerups. You can play this game over and over and it will never be the same game twice. Don’t knock the story critics, how else are you going to explain these cute little elebits??

Roycar69

Dru192

SPYBORGS!!!!!

tatsunical.blogspot.com Come join the community!! TVC Friendcode: 0775 5696 4450

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.