Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 621 to 640 of 776

LzWinky

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

2.Dr Wario's Mean Green Microtransaction Machine

Oh yeah, I totally want to see a game that parodies microtransactions in some way, that'd be hilarious.

You should play DLC Quest.

Wario would make it 10000x (+1) better

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WackoDaSniper

I would like to see a Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario Sunshine 2. I miss single player 3D world Mario games with story like that. Perhaps a Pokemon game on Wii U just like a DS version but with extra features and better graphics, maybe even open world multiplayer.

WackoDaSniper

DefHalan

LztheQuack wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

2.Dr Wario's Mean Green Microtransaction Machine

Oh yeah, I totally want to see a game that parodies microtransactions in some way, that'd be hilarious.

You should play DLC Quest.

Wario would make it 10000x (+1) better

I would love to see it Warioware themed and Wario is the one that runs the "DLC Shop"

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

WackoDaSniper wrote:

I would like to see a Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario Sunshine 2. I miss single player 3D world Mario games with story like that.

Same. It's really sad that they don't make those kinds of games anymore and the Mario series has narrowed to similar playing linear platformers nowadays, this is really a unique gameplay style that does what no other platformer or open world games can really do (platforming adds a lot more to the exploration than what most open world games can provide, and the exploration and collection elements really encourage you to make the most of out of the level design and allow them to be more fleshed out).

WackoDaSniper wrote:

Perhaps a Pokemon game on Wii U just like a DS version but with extra features and better graphics, maybe even open world multiplayer.

Also something I would like to see that they aren't doing because of narrow minded development philosophies. Game Freak and the Pokemon series as a whole has gotten to the point where they want it to be a mobile series and offer short, choppy experiences for people with short attention spans. Heck, the spinoffs have even gone F2P now.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

bluemage1989

I know people really want it and if its what you want I hope you get it but for me Pokemon mainline games belong on handhelds it just doesn't feel right seeing them on consoles for me. I have no doubt it would shift a lot of WiiUs though which would be great for all of us but yeah I just hope the handhelds don't get forgotten. Maybe Nintendo could develop something first party that had all the things that make Pokemon so addictive and fun and maybe add some new things and make that a console exclusive??

bluemage1989

LzWinky

They're also not doing it because Pokemon sells a lot more on handhelds than consoles

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

LztheQuack wrote:

They're also not doing it because Pokemon sells a lot more on handhelds than consoles

well the data behind that is a bit skewed.

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

Yeah, it's somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy because there haven't been any main games there in the first place (the only games that even come close being Colosseum and XD).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

Yeah, it's somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy because there haven't been any main games there in the first place (the only games that even come close being Colosseum and XD).

Yea, it is basically the same as the 3rd Party dilemma. These games don't sell well on this system, so we don't release games on this system, so we don't grow a fan base on this system, so these games don't sell well on this system.

Pokemon doesn't sell well on Home Consoles, so we don't release Pokemon on Home Console, so we don't grow a fan base on this system, so Pokemon doesn't sell well on Home Consoles.

UGXwolf

It's got little to do with that. Game Freak is just most comfortable on Nintendo handhelds as far as a top-down Turn-Based Strategy RPGs go. The fact that there's no market on the home consoles is a moot point because Game Freak has always seen their game as a handheld game, and honestly, I can't really disagree with them on that.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

Yeah, not releasing a actual good Pokemon console game on Wii U (or any other Nintendo console) just isn't fair when the reasoning is "the sales on handhelds is just so much better!!!". Hahah who cares?! Gamefreak can keep their Pokemon on handhelds but also release a very unique Pokemon home console game that isn't garbage. So much potential there that its crazy.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

I should point out that handhelds outsell consoles by a long mile in Japan

Edited on by LzWinky

kkslider5552000

Even implying later GCN games as an example kills your argument dead.

also Game Freak are arguably already making too many Pokemon games, we don't need more

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Contrite

Only one really.. Considering the rumors that have been around lately..
Paper Mario U.. A proper one at that. Slight polish and evolution of the TTYD systems, new story, characters, and setting, and bam, we have a Game of the Year at least.

Contrite

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

It's got little to do with that. Game Freak is just most comfortable on Nintendo handhelds as far as a top-down Turn-Based Strategy RPGs go. The fact that there's no market on the home consoles is a moot point because Game Freak has always seen their game as a handheld game, and honestly, I can't really disagree with them on that.

I can. Pokemon works perfectly fine on consoles and their emphasis on "face to face interaction" is somewhat arbitrary, especially outside of Japan where very few people go out of their way to interact with random people on the street over a video game.

Bolt_Strike

skywake

See the thing is I'm usually the person who prefers the home-console version of games. I mean I take my 3DS everywhere but I still play the thing at home most of the time. Even with something like Animal Crossing, which people think of as a portable game now, I'd rather have that town sitting at home waiting for me. Some better visuals maybe but more importantly a shared town that multiple people in the house can visit. I mean that's something I kinda missed with the 3DS version given it was on my 3DS and pretty much always my own town.

With Pokemon though... those are MY Pokemon. I don't want someone else getting into my game in any way. I want to be able to grab those special edition Pokemon from the shop. I want the experience of having people turn their noses up at someone my age standing in the shops with a 3DS. That's part of what Pokemon is. I don't see how that would translate to a home-console version....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

jump

WackoDaSniper wrote:

I would like to see a Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario Sunshine 2. I miss single player 3D world Mario games with story like that. Perhaps a Pokemon game on Wii U just like a DS version but with extra features and better graphics, maybe even open world multiplayer.

Mario platformers have a story?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Deanosaurrrrrr

skywake wrote:

See the thing is I'm usually the person who prefers the home-console version of games. I mean I take my 3DS everywhere but I still play the thing at home most of the time. Even with something like Animal Crossing, which people think of as a portable game now, I'd rather have that town sitting at home waiting for me. Some better visuals maybe but more importantly a shared town that multiple people in the house can visit. I mean that's something I kinda missed with the 3DS version given it was on my 3DS and pretty much always my own town.

I agree so much. I love New leaf with a passion. I've put heaps of effort in it and I do like playing it anywhere BUT I enjoy having my sisters play with me so they have houses in the town but they don't get to play it often because I'll have the game and they forget about it. I keep getting told that their mailboxes are full XD. Plus I imagine it'll look beautiful on the Wii u

Deanosaurrrrrr

Twitter:

LzWinky

I'm sure there is some market for a console Pokemon game...but I'll be honest. I don't think it will ever reach handheld Pokemon's numbers, and Nintendo needs more money right now than pointless experimentation.

Granted I do agree with the notion that Pokemon needs to change a bit.

Edited on by LzWinky

jump

LztheQuack wrote:

I'm sure there is some market for a console Pokemon game...but I'll be honest. I don't think it will ever reach handheld Pokemon's numbers, and Nintendo needs more money right now than pointless experimentation.

Granted I do agree with the notion that Pokemon needs to change a bit.

I disagree with that, the Wii U is never gonna hit mega number so any game it releases will always have limited sales simply by the formats userbase. Nintendo playing it safe and giving more of the same franchises has reached it's max audience (aside from the delayed Zelda which despite being loved wont bring in mega £££) so it's very much worth a punt and do something new like Wii Sports did that'll grab people's attention, it may work or it may not work but Ninty's top priority should be to expand it's audience which it can't do without something new.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.