Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,881 to 22,900 of 27,917

IceClimbers

Whenever I play Pac-Man or Mewtwo and then try to play Mega Man, I have to take a match to transition. Can't seem to switch seamlessly from Pac-Man/Mewtwo to Mega Man, but I can do the reverse seamlessly. Also noticed that I can seamlessly switch to Little Mac and Mr Game & Watch regardless of who I was playing beforehand.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MegaMari0

how come we haven't tried to come up with a make shift Smash tourney thread for Nlifers?I would love to vs some of you guys. I mean it doesn't sound too complicated(besides the timezone differences). Everyone who participates submits there name by a certain date. Whoever is the "organizer" selects how the brackets are set up(i'm betting by Timezone first). Afterwards everyone sets up a time that works for them. I figure weekends are the best bet since MOST people are free on weekends at some point. I figure the tournament would end in a month or so. The winner of each match makes sure to save the replay and post it in said thread...Just an idea.

Edited on by MegaMari0

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

DreamyViridi

Undead_terror wrote:

You got to check mark the boxes above, like if you just wanted to change you second main you would need to check the box for it.

Oh, didn't notice those. Thanks.
Untitled

@munchakoopas - Around the summer would be a good time. Though I'd be out of it; as I play the 3DS version and don't have a Wii U yet.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SirGalvan

I have about four mains

1.Peach
2. Zero Suit Samus
3. Lucina
4. Mario

Use to use Lucas alot in Brawl so I'm excited he is coming back

LzWinky

Duck Hunt is best character

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MegaMari0

DreamyViridi wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

You got to check mark the boxes above, like if you just wanted to change you second main you would need to check the box for it.

Oh, didn't notice those. Thanks.
Untitled

@munchakoopas - Around the summer would be a good time. Though I'd be out of it; as I play the 3DS version and don't have a Wii U yet.

Yeah 3DS would be excluded but then again, i have both versions so I don't see why we can't have a separate 3DS tourney as well

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

veeflames

munchakoopas wrote:

Anyone here have any particular characters they need practice AGAINST? I know that I rarely come across Captain olimar or Palutena I have a hard time beating them. I lost to the last Capt Olimar because I couldn't get a good read on his combos or patterns. Palutena just gives me a hard time with her reflect AND counter.

Yoshi. Did I mention Yoshi? I did. I'll mention it again: Yoshi.
In all seriousness though, I need practice against Yoshi. I wish there was a system in which you could select a specific character you want to fight online. That'd be appreciated....
Also, since there's no way to demo potential DLC characters, wouldn't it be some sort of throwaway if we brought a character, only to dump him on the character select screen... probably because you didn't like using him/her?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

CapeSmash

90% of my For Glory matches are with fellow Captain Falcon and Ganondorf mains. It's awesome.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

Actually, the amount of Captain Falcon in For Glory is a bit much for my liking. It's over Little Mac levels of frequent appearance.
Also, I'll just leave this here. Excuse the video's intro.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

JunkosBoobies

Untitled
Unofficial, but these are my two big guys for now. When Lucas and potentially (Fire Emblem) Roy arrive, I'll be using those two a lot. (Or if the leak is fake I'll be using Ness instead as my secondary)

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

Welp I made one as well.

Untitled

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

NintendoFan64

DreamyViridi wrote:

Actually, the amount of Captain Falcon in For Glory is a bit much for my liking. It's over Little Mac levels of frequent appearance.
Also, I'll just leave this here. Excuse the video's intro.

Mewtwo has ascended into the cosmic realm and became a God...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

While we're posting videos:

Just wanna say that something like happens to me a lot on For Glory. Probably close to half if the time. To some of you, noticeably Jazzer and apparently MoonMonkey as well. This is inspirational and drives them to get better so this doesn't keep happening, but I don't have time to get that good. I wish I did, but it's not even a contest. Stuff like this where my best still isn't even remotely good enough isn't fun or inspiring to me. It's soul crushing. And this is why Smash needs a better rating system.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

retropunky

I'm all for the Nlifers tourney, just to see how we would stack up against each other.

Anyway, here are my mains:
1. Ness
2. Fox
3. Pikachu

I've noticed that I'm not good against the following:
1. Sonic
2. Sheik

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

TeeJay

If we're going to be holding an NLife tournament, I ain't telling you people who I'm bad against!

Although I doubt I'd be able to join because more likely than not if you guys hold a tournament you'll all want to use the Wii U version, am I right?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

While were talking about mains here's my list
I changed mine a little bit
1.Dr.Mario
2.Mr.Game and Watch
3.Tough Man Pac-Man
4.Zelda (Got better with her for some reason
5.Ike(Haven't used him in so long,i would get bodied if i faced anyone with him)
6.Wario (He's pretty fun to use)

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Sample_Text

Here are my mains.
1) Sheik.
2) Luigi
3) Villager
4) ZSS
5) Sonic
6) Yoshi
Seconaries-
1) Duck Hunt
2) Bowser Jr.
3) Gunner Mii
4) Mario
5) Pikachu
6) Kirby
Im pretty good with my mains, so I only use secondaries when I feel like training or get tired or reking with my mains.

Edited on by Sample_Text

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

Chaoz

Tarrazu wrote:

I'll pass on a NLife tourney. As of right now, I'm not confident enough in my Smash skills to be a part of one.

Same, I'm more of a Project M guy, I can dominate at that game unlike SSB4. I still suck (at least by my standards) at SSB4 and I haven't really got much better with Ness, Pit, or Shulk.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Pootypie

I would definitely join a nlife ssb4 tournament. I remember reading that when tournament patch comes it is planned that there will be nlife tournaments. When is the patch coming btw?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic