Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,901 to 22,920 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

I'm guessing the official tournaments will be an update at E3 (maybe an available directly after the Direct setup)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaMari0

UGXwolf wrote:

While we're posting videos:

Just wanna say that something like happens to me a lot on For Glory. Probably close to half if the time. To some of you, noticeably Jazzer and apparently MoonMonkey as well. This is inspirational and drives them to get better so this doesn't keep happening, but I don't have time to get that good. I wish I did, but it's not even a contest. Stuff like this where my best still isn't even remotely good enough isn't fun or inspiring to me. It's soul crushing. And this is why Smash needs a better rating system.

OMG I have fought that guy. It was no contest.....I beat his marth with my Toon link but then proceeded to hand my behind on a silver platter with peach and Wendy. I used fox and duckhunt...he left after 3 matches. I was "wth just happened?" now I wish I had saved that replay. winning 1 match against him was my highlight.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

UGXwolf

I imagine the tournament and Miiverse updates will come alongside Lucas. Which makes me wonder... what does the Wii U version's DLC spots look like? Because the 3DS DLC spots may wind up being 3DS exclusive stages. Miiverse uses functionality that the 3DS probably can't handle, so who knows?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

I just saw a notification in Smash 3D. It said they were aware of the whole Mewtwo issue and they're working to fix it

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MajinCubyan

500 characters just isn't enough room to type this out. So let it be known now, you have been warned that this is a loooong post and simply my opinion. If you agree with me, vote for Kid Goku in the Smash Ballot and link this post to it! Lets get it done!

Why Kid Goku should be in Super Smash:

First off, it should be noted, I said Kid Goku, not Adult Goku. Apart from the fact that hes WAY OP and can fly, he isn't a very good fit. The Dragon Ball arcs in his adulthood are a bit more mature and brutal (From Raditz on.) Not to say early Dragon Ball isn't mature and brutal (King Piccolo, 22nd and 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai Arcs), but Kid Goku is more lighthearted and innocent. Plus he has his tail still and that will be important a bit later on. He also has this youthful energy and playfulness but can be calm and serious at the same time.

Although hes young, he is a skilled martial artist, having been trained by his Grandpa Gohan and Master Roshi. He can fight on par with anyone and if not, he becomes stronger and never gives up. In Smash, we got a boxer, so why not have a martial artist. He also the Power Pole, which can increase in length at his command, which has helped him through quite a few battles. Plus he has the Kamehameha, which is always cool. Adult Goku, on the other hand, can turn Super Sayian 3 and change the structure on of planets just fighting on them. He's way too strong. Way, way, way, way too strong.

He can't fly, which is a good thing. How does Kid Goku make up for this? The Flying Nimbus. He receives one from Master Roshi for helping Turtle and another from Korin when his first one is destroyed. Only someone with a pure heart can ride it, again going back to his innocence. But his lack of flying is crucial here. It would make sense why he would just fall, whereas Adult Goku would be like, "Whoa! Thats death down there, I'm just gonna not fly away and fall." Can't really see Adult Goku doing that.

My idea for potential Movesets:

I'm not gonna list the A button attacks. Maybe later but we can all imagine what those would be like. Also, I'm including other fighters moves, cause why not.

• B -
    **Initial**
    Kamehameha - Goku's signature techinque. He saw Master Roshi do it only once and was able to fire one, when it took Roshi 50 years to master. Press it for a quick but weak blast or hold it down to charge it up for a nice big wave. You can aim it with up and down. Deals continuous damage if caught in the wave.
    **Custom 1**
    Destructo Disc - Used by Krillin. A disc of energy, it can slice most anything in half. You can fire up to 3 discs in any direction. Doesn't do as much damage as the Kamehameha.
    **Custom 2**
    Big Bang Attack - Used by Vegeta. Extending one arm with the palm out a small ball of energy appears and quickly grows, flying forward and exploding on contact. Can be charged for more damage. Slower than the Kamehameha but is stronger and causes fire damage.
  • Side+B -
    **Initial**
    Meteor Combination - Used by Goku. A dash forward followed by a series of punches and kicks, ended with a punch in the stomach and an uppercut sending the opponent in the air.
    **Custom 1**
    Wolf Fang Fist - Used by Yamcha. A quick dash forward and then a fast flurry of punches, swipes and kicks. Finished off with a thrust to send the opponent flying. More distance than Meteor Combination but doesn't hit as hard.
    **Custom 2**
    Dragon Fist - Used by Goku. Goku rushes forward with his fist out. If it connects, causes an explosion in the shape of Shenron. Less distance than Meteor Combination but deals huge damage. Also fire damage.
  • Down+B -
    **Initial**
    Power Pole Sweep - Goku uses the Power Pole to quickly sweep underneath opponents, tripping them up and opening them for an attack. Has a long range but only sweeps the direction Goku is facing.
    **Custom 1**
    Solar Flare - First used by Tien Shinhan, Goku soon adds it to his abilities. A bright and blinding light, leaves opponents dazed and vulnerable. Not quite as much range as the Power Pole but dazes opponents all around Goku.
    **Custom 2**
    Kaio-Ken x3 - Used by Adult Goku. For a moment, the users speed and strength increases 3 times over. Goku becomes surrounded by a crimson aura, moves faster and hits harder for 5 seconds but takes damage due to the strain on his body.
  • Up+B -
    **Initial**
    Flying Nimbus - Goku's magic cloud. Has good distance and is controllable. Goku has his fist extended forward and can knock opponents back by flying into them.
    **Custom 1**
    Baby Gamera - Master Roshi's flying turtle. Flys through the air using rockets and rotational motion. Its still controllable but doesn't have as much distance as the Flying Nimbus. It can pull opponents in and deal multiple hits.
    **Custom 2**
    Instant Transmission - Used by Adult Goku. Goku places his index and middle finger on his foreheard and focuses on a place and teleports there instantaneously. Better distance then the Flying Nimbus but deals no damage.
  • FINAL SMASH -
    Great Ape
    After getting the Smash Ball and pressing B, everything falls dark and the Moon appears. Goku gets an eyeful and transforms into a rampaging Great Ape. Grows about to the size of Giga Bowser. The player loses control over where he moves and who he targets but he will always target someone. The player uses A and B to attack.
    A - Punch/Kick/Stomp
    B - Mouth Beam

Taunts -
Up - Goku faces the screen, pulls down on his bottom eyelid and sticks out his tongue.
Down - Goku places his hands together and politely bows in the direction hes facing.
Side - Goku balls up his hands and gets in the classic power up pose, charging his ki briefly.

-Costumes -
1 - Adult Goku's Outfit
2 - Master Roshi's Uniform - Orange
3 - Master Roshi's Uniform - Red
4 - GT Outfit
5 - Goten's Outfit
6 - Goku's First Outfit
7 - King Kai's Uniform - Orange
8 - King Kai's Uniform - Red

Thats it. I'm done. Thanks for reading.

MajinCubyan

Nintendo Network ID: MajinCubyan

DefHalan

Morpheel wrote:

Isn't the kamehameha somewhat like an "ultimate move"?

Why would it be a normal neutral B instead of a final smash?

Spirit Bomb or Super Saiyan transformation or possibly Kaio-ken should be the Final Smash in my opinion

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Eel

Well, since it's kid goku I guess transforming into the ape would be a good final smash.

Though I still don't think downgrading the kamehameha to standard attack would be appropriate.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MajinCubyan

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

(rolls eyes)

HAHAH

Morpheel wrote:

Isn't the kamehameha somewhat like an "ultimate move"?

Why would it be a normal neutral B instead of a final smash?

Well, we are talking about Kid Goku. In terms of destructive power, its not a very strong attack. Early on in DB, Master Roshi says that Tien's Dodon Ray is far stronger. The only reason people think its like this ultimate technique is cause Adult Goku is waaaaay strong.

MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan

Morpheel wrote:

Well, since it's kid goku I guess transforming into the ape would be a good final smash.

Though I still don't think downgrading the kamehameha to standard attack would be appropriate.

True but again, in terms of power at his age, its not a terribly strong attack. Piccolo took one head on and was just really pissed.

MajinCubyan

Nintendo6400

I would rather see super sayian 4 Goku in smash.
;.)

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Eel

Hm well, if you say so, I only really remember it being some sort of super giant ball of energy and that it usually took several episodes to charge

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

MajinCubyan

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I would rather see super sayian 4 Goku in smash.
;.)

Haha, that would be wild. That could be his Final Smash. I'm pretty sure he'd poke Mario and he'd explode. But, Adult Goku is just too dang powerful.

MajinCubyan

TeeJay

I would rather we keep anime characters out of Smash please and thank you.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

TeeJay wrote:

Well there's nothing wrong about talking about the subject.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

MajinCubyan

TeeJay wrote:

And that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just want Kid Goku. He's been in Nintendo games since the 80's.

MajinCubyan

TeeJay

Morpheel wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Well there's nothing wrong about talking about the subject.

Ugh.

Late

Morpheel wrote:

Hm well, if you say so, I only really remember it being some sort of super giant ball of energy and that it usually took several episodes to charge

You might me mistaking it with Spirit Bomb. Kamehameha is the move that looks more like a hadouken from Street Fighter.

I'm also against characters who originated from manga. Even if Goku would somehow end up at the top of ballet the development team would most likely choose not to include him. It would cause too much uproar among fans. There would be more sad and angry faces than happy faces. I don't think they'd like to lose a lot of fans.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Eel

Late wrote:

You might me mistaking it with Spirit Bomb. Kamehameha is the move that looks more like a hadouken from Street Fighter.

Probably! It's been at least a decade since the last time I watched DB.

Anyway, I wouldn't be all that against Young Goku appearing, I can accept him.

He's from that period of time before DB became overly convoluted and serious.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic