Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,588

jump

Has anywhere in the UK got the first print edition for pre-order yet?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Chandlero wrote:

It seems Nintendo of Europe hasn't made any plans for the first print edition so far. However, it is about time that they do.

They announced it during the direct and the pic of the 1st print edition at the top of this page is from the euro version, you can tell from the giant 12 rating sticker that is plasted on it.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Chandlero

arronishere wrote:

They announced it during the direct and the pic of the 1st print edition at the top of this page is from the euro version, you can tell from the giant 12 sticker that plast on it.

That is not what I meant, sorry. They announced it and will release it. No doubt about it.
However, they didn't make any plans how many they will release, when exactly and who will get how many copies.

Therefore you can't preorder it so far...
I am also waiting since the first print edition looks really nice.

Edited on by Chandlero

Shinion

@Dezzy: basically 90% of Ubisoft games. Whether it's highly scripted gameplay that makes their repetitive slog-fests appear fun for a 3 minute E3 appearance, playing them on high end PCs and not disclosing that fact leading people to believe the graphics are that good universally across all platforms or their usage of the 'mic trick' (actors playing the game at E3 using voice chat in a way NO ONE uses it to make it seem more immersive and involved than it is).

Yep, Ubi got all those bases covered and their latest game they released yesterday did all 3 and is now getting dragged over coals as people realise they were fooled. Again. Oh well mabye next time they'll learn. Not.

Shinion

jariw

Chandlero wrote:

Therefore you can't preorder it so far...

FWIW, you can preorder it in the Scandinavian countries now (where Bergsala is the distributor).

jariw

jariw

Chandlero wrote:

@jariw: Thanks. Good to know.
Can you preorder the first print edition in NA, yet?

I just did a quick search on various eShops. It' seems like NoA and NoE areas still miss the editions mentioned in the Nintendo Direct.

jariw

DefHalan

Xaessya wrote:

Does this game have multiplayer like N64/3DS and Assault?
Or is it just the tablet controller co-pilot?

Also can we play the game without the tablet?

No info about Multiplayer yet, it looks unlikely.

Also appears that you have to use the Wii U GamePad (the tablet looking controller)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

Xaessya wrote:

Does this game have multiplayer like N64/3DS and Assault?
Or is it just the tablet controller co-pilot?

Star Fox Zero requires a dual screen setup.

There is no online play in the main game, but the Star Fox Guard game has some online.

Multiplayer is co-op where the 2 screens are split between 2 players, similar to how it works in Affordable Space Adventures. In co-op, the TV player uses a Pro Controller.

jariw

Dezzy

Xaessya wrote:

Looks like they've deliberately designed quite a few parts of the game so you need to be able to aim at enemies at tight angles, meaning you need the gamepad.

I wonder how I'll actually play this. I can imagine just looking at the main TV for 90% of the time, and using the gamepad motions to just move the crosshair, and then just looking at the gamepad for those tough shots.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

Xaessya wrote:

Looks like they've deliberately designed quite a few parts of the game so you need to be able to aim at enemies at tight angles, meaning you need the gamepad.

I wonder how I'll actually play this. I can imagine just looking at the main TV for 90% of the time, and using the gamepad motions to just move the crosshair, and then just looking at the gamepad for those tough shots.

I will probably play it opposite of that. Use the GamePad to main shoot and get high Hit counts while glancing up at the TV to make sure I am not hitting anything lol.

Dezzy

Depends how big the penalty is for crashing into stuff I guess!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jariw

DefHalan wrote:

I will probably play it opposite of that. Use the GamePad to main shoot and get high Hit counts while glancing up at the TV to make sure I am not hitting anything lol.

FWIW, the views can be switched, so you get your "main" gameplay view on the TV.

jariw

DefHalan

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

FWIW, the views can be switched, so you get your "main" gameplay view on the TV.

I feel like it would be weird moving the GamePad and the stuff on the TV is moving but the GamePad screen stays still lol

NinjaWaddleDee

At first I thought this looked kind of meh, but after seeing the recent videos, I think it looks really tight gameplay wise, and a lot of fun! It also helps that I am a sucker for physical edition goodies, so physical Star Fox Guard sent me over the edge. I'll see if I can get it after I finish paying off my Uncharted 4, Tokyo Mirage, and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered preorders. And I also have to get the last two paths of Fire Emblem Fates And Persona 5... but we don't even know when it's coming out yet lol.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Rumorlife

The Steelbook is just the box with 2 game boxes in it? Guard is on disk? This is the only way to get it on disk?

Rumorlife

Grumblevolcano

@Dankykong: Not quite, the special edition contains the steelbook and the standard boxes for Zero and Guard (just like the special edition for Xenoblade X). The trailer does seem to suggest Guard will actually be a disc in the special edition whereas it just being a download code in all other forms.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rumorlife

Ah thanks for clarification on that detail.

Rumorlife

iKhan

I don't think Nintendo understands why people play games. Even if someone is struggling with a game, it's not fun for them to be invincible and just walk through the level without a challenge. That basically evaporates all of the challenge that drives the gameplay in the first place.

If Nintendo wants to make their games more accessible, they can include an easy mode where you move slower or there are fewer enemies.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.