Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 301 to 320 of 835

jump

Meh, if did come out I wouldn't buy it. I'm fussy with JRPG and Final Fantasy has never done anything for me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Metaknight_3Raw

Surely we should be demanding Kingdom Hearts 3 because the argument that a game like that wouldn't sell on the console is bull. It would fit so well with Nintendo's lineup. Even putting it on Xbox One where there are few fans of the title is a kick in the teeth.

Metaknight_3Raw

Jaz007

@Metakmight_3Raw "A kick in the teeth." You understand that SE is a business, not an agent of vengeance and spite right. The PS4/One's similar architecture makes it an easy port, has the adequate power, so it's low risk, and makes a lot of sense. You have a completely wrong, and non-logical way of looking at things if you describe something like that as "A kick in the teeth."

Jaz007

LzWinky

I'd actually describe All the Bravest as a real kick in the teeth and everything else...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Metaknight_3Raw wrote:

Surely we should be demanding Kingdom Hearts 3 because the argument that a game like that wouldn't sell on the console is bull. It would fit so well with Nintendo's lineup. Even putting it on Xbox One where there are few fans of the title is a kick in the teeth.

@Metaknight_3Raw and @Jaz007 Square Enix won't even release the Kingdom Hearts HD remakes on a Xbox platform.... Square Enix likes to pretend like Kingdom Hearts is a Sony exclusive when its not. They released the games on Nintendo platforms because they knew that the Nintendo platforms was selling well. By selling the games on a Nintendo platform... THERE IS A LOYAL KINGDOM HEARTS FANBASE WITHIN NINTENDO!!!! Many 3DS owners bought Kingdom Hearts 3D! Many DS owners bought that Kindom Hearts game for DS!
And you know what? I bet if Kingdom Hearts 3 were to release on Wii U... I bet the sales for it would be higher than the sales for the game on Xbox One. The highest would be PS4. Second would be Wii U and last would be Xbox One.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Metaknight_3Raw

Jaz007 wrote:

@Metakmight_3Raw "A kick in the teeth." You understand that SE is a business, not an agent of vengeance and spite right. The PS4/One's similar architecture makes it an easy port, has the adequate power, so it's low risk, and makes a lot of sense. You have a completely wrong, and non-logical way of looking at things if you describe something like that as "A kick in the teeth."

Calm down, dear. I know why they did it but I still think it was a missed opportunity in the way that not bothering to port Dragon Age, The Witcher, Thief, Destiny, Elder Scrolls etc isn't because arguably they wouldn't sell well, KH on the other hand might have actually sold well because its target audience is wider so it's a bit of a blow that they won't even bother with putting those types of games on Wii U.

Metaknight_3Raw

CanisWolfred

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'd actually describe All the Bravest as a real kick in the teeth and everything else...

After seeing Namco Bandai release Tales of Phantasia as a pay-to-save Freemium game, Capcom release Breath of Fire VI and Mega Man Xover, and arguably SEGA's All-Star Racing Transformed on iOS being an overpriced upderperforming port built around in-APP purchases like as if it was a bad Freemium game, I'm willing to believe big Japanese companies just see mobile consumers as a bunch of punching bags.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

After seeing Namco Bandai release Tales of Phantasia as a pay-to-save Freemium game, Capcom release Breath of Fire VI and Mega Man Xover, and arguably SEGA's All-Star Racing Transformed on iOS being an overpriced upderperforming port built around in-APP purchases like as if it was a bad Freemium game, I'm willing to believe big Japanese companies just see mobile consumers as a bunch of punching bags.

I never thought of it that way, but that's a good point

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

If course most of these free to play games tend to be very cheap to make and easy to exploit for money, since apple has fostered the LCD for the app store. The time Passed along time ago where they could have fostered a healthy Eco system on mobile.

It says a lot when a game like Gunman Clive can make a killing for $2 or a game like state of decay can sell over a million at $20 yet the big pubs don't want to take chance with download services.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Knux

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually, EVERYTHING that Square Enix has done on iOS has been kicks in the teeth.

Knux

LzWinky

And let's not forget that Final Fantasy VI uh...what would you call that?

moomoo

Knux wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually, EVERYTHING that Square Enix has done on iOS has been kicks in the teeth.

That's weird, because I was under the impression that Chaos Rings and the Final Fantasy ports were pretty great. And the iOS version of TWEWY, although revealed in a horrible fasion, is arguably the best game on the app store.

Unless, if you're talking about their prices. And even then, those games cost the same on other platforms, so I don't know...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

LzWinky

A port is the best game? That's actually pretty bad

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

Ahem Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection says hi.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

LzWinky

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I bet it has hidden microtransactions.

CanisWolfred

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think He's talking about how Ports being standout games aren't such a bad thing. Most of the best RPGs on the DS and GBA were ports and remakes, too, in case you forgot, and I'd argue some of them are some of the best games on those platforms, period.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Does anyone here realize what DX11 even means?

Yes, it's an API. Not a 'level of graphics.' The API determines what features are available, and the hardware determines how well they can be implemented. The Wii U is competitive at the feature level, but not as much in the horsepower department. Why you think API alone determines that FF15 or any game would run on Wii U without downscaling of any kind continues to baffle me.

There's more going on here, than just API. Wii U doesn't even run DX11, as-is. The newer effects are there for Wii U to use via OpenGL. EA, the devs of CANDLE, etc have already confirmed that Wii U has the new graphics, and this includes the new effects of DX11.

Why people don't read, and continue to question facts, baffles me... Seriously, read the links. That's why I put them there. They wouldn't even be talking about adapting DX11 effects, if it didn't go anywhere past DX10.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

OptometristLime

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think He's talking about how Ports being standout games aren't such a bad thing. Most of the best RPGs on the DS and GBA were ports and remakes, too, in case you forgot, and I'd argue some of them are some of the best games on those platforms, period.

[Inferred point about the redundancy of mobile game platforms, in lieu of a dedicated gaming handheld]

Sure if you have a mobile device and the game you want shows up, that's more of a good thing. Hardly a selling point, though.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Kaze_Memaryu

Even when thinking about it real hard, I can't possibly see Square Enix going the extra mile to port FFXV to WiiU. They've become lazy quite some time ago, and FFXV is a rather big project. They'd have to rewrite quite the amount of code to accomodate for the WiiU's data structure alone. And even then, it would be nigh impossible to do in a reasonable time span without a concerning loss in quality, due to the WiiU not having been an option for Square Enix as of yet.

But aside of technical difficulties (which COULD be overcome with passion and determination, which Square Enix both lacks), I personally don't want to see it on WiiU. The characters look ugly (westernized grampsfaces), the gameplay is lame (more action and less brain functions), and tactical features have already gone missing after Lightning headshot them - just to shake her mammaries (I mean boob physics, if you didn't get it) in the 3rd entry of what is still the most unsuccessful chapter in the history of Final Fantasy games.

Soooo, no. Get that abomination away - until Square Enix looks back and realizes what they keep doing wrong, there's nothing positive I ca nsay about them - and no, Bravely Default doesn't count, since it was developed by Silicon Knights.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Jazzer94

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Even when thinking about it real hard, I can't possibly see Square Enix going the extra mile to port FFXV to WiiU. They've become lazy quite some time ago, and FFXV is a rather big project. They'd have to rewrite quite the amount of code to accomodate for the WiiU's data structure alone. And even then, it would be nigh impossible to do in a reasonable time span without a concerning loss in quality, due to the WiiU not having been an option for Square Enix as of yet.

But aside of technical difficulties (which COULD be overcome with passion and determination, which Square Enix both lacks), I personally don't want to see it on WiiU. The characters look ugly (westernized grampsfaces), the gameplay is lame (more action and less brain functions), and tactical features have already gone missing after Lightning headshot them - just to shake her mammaries (I mean boob physics, if you didn't get it) in the 3rd entry of what is still the most unsuccessful chapter in the history of Final Fantasy games.

Soooo, no. Get that abomination away - until Square Enix looks back and realizes what they keep doing wrong, there's nothing positive I ca nsay about them - and no, Bravely Default doesn't count, since it was developed by Silicon Knights.

What exactly makes SE lazy?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.