Forums

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 736

Sir_Diabeetus

So..... does anyone recommend any Japanese imports for the Dreamcast?

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

LaserdiscGal

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

So..... does anyone recommend any Japanese imports for the Dreamcast?

FINALLY A QUESTION I CAN ANSWER!

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 is such an amazing game and a must own for the system!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Xexyz or The Guardian Legend?

The Guardian Legend. Xexyz is cool, but kind of archaic. The Guardian Legend has held up faily well, though.

But now I want to ask if anybody knows anymore cool Action-Adventure games for the NES? Stuff like Rygar would be cool. Though I still need to get Rygar...looks like such a fun game...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Xexyz or The Guardian Legend?

The Guardian Legend. Xexyz is cool, but kind of archaic. The Guardian Legend has held up faily well, though.

But now I want to ask if anybody knows anymore cool Action-Adventure games for the NES? Stuff like Rygar would be cool. Though I still need to get Rygar...looks like such a fun game...

Thanks! Was leaning towards it because of the grander scale it seems to have compared to Xexyz but just wanted to be sure.

As for other good Action-Adventure games on the NES I'd recommend Conquest of the Crystal Palace. Really fun side scrolling adventure type game with RPG elements. It has a lot of personality too.

Mk_II

Super Nintendo recommendations!

from the top of my head Yoshi's Island (SMW2), the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Axelay, Castlevania IV, Harvest Moon, Illusion of Time, Secret of Mana, Uniracers and of course LoZ - Link To The Past.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

As for other good Action-Adventure games on the NES I'd recommend Conquest of the Crystal Palace. Really fun side scrolling adventure type game with RPG elements. It has a lot of personality too.

Thanks man, it looks so cool! I'll have to check it out~

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Across 360, Super Nintendo, and Wii U (so therefore Wii VC too I guess) what's the best Bomberman? I've been meaning to get super bomberman for years but kept getting side tracked and now the cart's asking price on eBay has gone up too much form me at the moment. Looking more for local multiplayer.

Edit: hm, maybe this would have been better in general recommendations. But most of the better bombermans do fall under retro.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Screenshot

Does anybody have any PAL MegaDrive recommendations?
I bought a MegaDrive a while back with Sonic 1/2/3, super hang on, Mortal Kombat 3 and some other games.

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

Ralizah

SlicingScyther wrote:

Does anybody have any PAL MegaDrive recommendations?
I bought a MegaDrive a while back with Sonic 1/2/3, super hang on, Mortal Kombat 3 and some other games.

Phantasy Star II and IV are both superb retro RPGs.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

demonwareltd

Just found this forum today. Grew up on NES and SNES so picked up a flip door NES 2 weeks ago and have been buying games fast and furiously. Up to about 12 so far. Amazed at how expensive many of the classics are now. For example Contra, Mario 2, Mario 3, etc...

Favorites were Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy. Want to pick up Dragon Warrior 2 and 3 but the price is keeping me away at this point.

Happy retro gaming!

demonwareltd

CanisWolfred

demonwareltd wrote:

Just found this forum today. Grew up on NES and SNES so picked up a flip door NES 2 weeks ago and have been buying games fast and furiously. Up to about 12 so far. Amazed at how expensive many of the classics are now. For example Contra, Mario 2, Mario 3, etc...

Favorites were Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy. Want to pick up Dragon Warrior 2 and 3 but the price is keeping me away at this point.

Happy retro gaming!

So, um...are you looking for recommendations? (Or making some recommendations there? I can't quite tell)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AkNintendo

wish there was a page we could post games we are selling with pictures kinda like craigslist setups

AkNintendo

CanisWolfred

I'm also tempted to pick up either an SNES or a Retron 5. A Retron 5 might be of use to me, since it'd mean I could play NES and Genesis games on my HDTV, but at the same time, I'm not sure how reliable it is. I heard the Genesis port tended to grip the games too hard. My Front-loader NES already does that, and it's pretty annoying. But if they fixed that it'd be great.

An SNES would be much cheaper, though. Problem is that the games tend to be either on VC or super expensive.

So I guess I'll ask: What are some good SNES games not on VC that aren't ultra rare or expensive?

EDIT: Well, I found 7 games I could get for a decent price (under $30):

Phantom 2040
U.N. Squadron
Secret of Evermore (pushing it, though)
Illusion of Gaia (admittedly the worst of the "trilogy")
Super Ninja Boy
Xardion
Blazeon (Pushing it)

Anybody recommend any of these or, preferably, know of any other games? If I could come up with a few more, I might just get a SNES unless I can get a Retron 5 for a cheaper price by this time next year.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

So I have been thinking of picking up one of those power converter thingy to play Sega Master games on my Genesis but I have a model 2 Genesis anyone ever use those on a model 2?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LaserdiscGal

@Tasuki

Most genesis on the market are model 2 (including mine), it should work fine.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Where is a good place to sell some of my older games?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tasuki

DefHalan wrote:

Where is a good place to sell some of my older games?

Ebay. Unless you have a retro game store in your town.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic