Forums

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Posts 721 to 727 of 727

Tasuki

@kerr9000 I suggest looking at the whole conversation next time.

First of that conversation was from a year ago. Second how exactly to you play a cartridge on a SNES Classic?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kerr9000

Oh I caught the wrong end of the stick, I thought we were on about a proper SNES. I also thought adding to a conversation might be nice as it's how forums tend to keep going..

You can get SNES cart adaptors which have a usb connection so I'd imagine it's possible to use these with a SNES mini if someone's done a little programing for it.

Still I will leave it here seeing as my inputs not wanted.

kerr9000

Zuljaras

I can highly recommend 2 retro games that nobody talks about:

1. NES - Faxanadu. This is one of the best hidden gems on the NES. It is very exploration heavy game. The graphics and the soundtrack are also amazing!

2. Mega Drive / Genesis - Bram Stoker's Dracula - This is one of my favorite games as a child! Very good graphics. It is not very well regarded EVEN if someone heard it but for me the game is not about the perfect gameplay but the perfect atmosphere.

Also the soundtrack is ONE OF THE BEST I have heard!

But I WANT you do not play the SNES version. The soundtrack there is TERRIBLE! The Sega version is 100% better!

Zuljaras

Vinny

What are some good 90's games (simulation or arcade) with licensed cars?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

jak1one

Can someone recommend me good game boy color games? No ports or remakes, just exclusives. I currently own wario land 2/3, game & watch galler 2/3, kirby tilt n tumble, mario golf, mario tennis, pokemon crystal and the zelda oracles

jak1one

ivory_soul

@Vinny Gran Turismo is probably my #1 suggestion. Go with GT2. Outside of that it's mostly NASCAR and F1 games to varying degrees of quality. Back in the 90's it was mostly flight-sims that were all the rage as consoles couldn't really simulate realistic physics yet, and PCs just weren't quite there power wise either, but GT really was one of a kind. For arcade any of the Need for Speed games are good choices as they were pretty much the go to AAA licensed arcade racers back then.

Edited on by ivory_soul

ivory_soul

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul

ivory_soul

@jak1one Shantae, Metal Gear Solid (wouldn't consider this a port as it's was built from the ground up), Resident Evil: Gaiden, Survival Kids, Metroid II, Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, Final Fantasy Adventure, Tomb Raider: Curse of the Sword, Warlocked.

ivory_soul

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic