Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,201 to 7,220 of 11,914

Magician

With Sony no-showing E3 I wonder how much of Microsoft's two-hour E3 conference will be filled with third party game announcements? Knowing that, MS's 2019 E3 could be an all-time greatest, nevermind what MS themselves would present.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX yes I bought a xbox360 in CEX and was just wondering if tere is still online play for Xbox 360 or did they close it down

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
Meanwhile, i see Xbox + Xbox360 as Dancing machine for Dance Dance Revolution series + Dance Evolution with Kinect.
For Xbox One, i see it as Builder machine for Portal Knights and The Sims 4.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan No, they didn't close it down. As I mentioned, there's a lot of games that are now made backwards compatible with the Xbox One, and all have their online services still intact. I do agree with @ReaderRagfish, though, that it'll depend on the game. If I had to make a guess, then I'd say that the Xbox 360 games that have been made available for the Xbox One stand a considerably bigger chance of still being played online, because some of them will be new to people who've never owned an Xbox before, or who might have skipped the Xbox 360 in favor of a PS3 or Wii/Wii U.

So, just check lists of backwards compatible titles, which can be found here:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

At the very least, you'll then know which of these Xbox 360 games will still have their online services in full working order. Now, finding actual people to play against, might be another thing altogether, which brings us back to the "it'll depend on the game" label. Popular games will almost always still have some die hard following, such as certain Halo games, or Forza games, but I think you shouldn't expect the oldest games in these series to have the same amount of players than the newer outings, and maybe in the case of some games, all you'll be able to play against, is bots.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Grumblevolcano

With Halo just buy XB1 MCC and it’s DLC (ODST and soon Reach) regarding the OG Xbox and 360 FPS games. The only active 360 Halo currently is Reach and that’ll likely change when it comes to MCC later this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano He just bought an Xbox 360, I don't think he's really planning on also buying an Xbox One...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dezzy

Magician wrote:

Will Fable 4 and Halo Infinite be enough for me to buy an Xbox Two on launch day?

We'll see.

Their current stance is that Halo Infinite will be releasing on the current console.

Not entirely sure they've got a coherent business model at the moment. That just games me more likely to buy a PS5 instead.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Purple Fortnite S will be available starting Friday

They're also doing the annual e3 sale of course. Nothing to crazy this year, seems in line with most discounts that are usually floating around.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/03/xbox-deals-unlocked-e3...

redd214

JoakimZ

That purple S looks really good! I already have an X so I’m not planning on buying one, but I wish at least that purple controller will be available seperately.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Grumblevolcano

For those who still play Halo 5, E3 week (starting with Sunday) has daily Platinum REQ packs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@redd214 nothing too spoilery or surprising there, so it's a pretty benign leak. It's just comforting theres something to leak at all. Given it's playground it's safe to bet open world, online components etc, since that's their key strengths.

It's going to be weird without Molyneauxs broken input though. Bad as he is, is craziness still is part of the series feel.

NEStalgia

redd214

$100 of Xbox cash is $88.88 on Newegg, just in time for E3 shenanigans!

redd214

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Gaming companies are usually most fun when they don't have coherent business plans. They let almost anything go, bring unexpected things out of nowhere, and generally don't try to screw the consumer. It's when they have fixed plans that you're being taken for a ride between planned purchases to planned obsolescence.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

That's an optimistic way of saying "go out of business"

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Not when the company can just eat money from unlimited Android royalties to fund it. Seriously, though, it really isn't. It's about them stoking new business from idle corners rather than keeping a fixed market on a treadmill, which is generally more fun, with higher value as a consumer, yet still profitable.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

Xbox wearing the gay flag, nice gesture! This is not the first time that the developer is fixing a first-party game, we've seen this before with Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 even though they were more successful commercially than Crackdown 3. Even Nintendo has done this with last Mario Tennis and Arms when they are supposed to release polished and finished games according to popular belief.

By the way my backlog is bigger than ever because I had a month off and haven't played anything. I still have 3DS and Wii U games to play and countless games on Xbox One thanks to Game Pass and Games with Gold and Deals with Gold. I don't know how big this is going to get. At least I beat the last big Wii U games, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions and both were a really good time. Now I'm playing Monster Hunter World.

Banjo-

Magician

So Ninja Theory's next game just leaked.

Bleeding Edge, a 4v4 competitive multiplayer game. A little disappointing coming off of Hellblade honestly.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FullbringIchigo

@Magician really!?

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic