Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,701 to 11,720 of 11,914

Tasuki

@NeonPizza I will say Xbox handles BC alot better then Sony does so you have a pretty good amount of games from the Xbox libraries to choose from. Rare Replay is a must if nothing for but the Battletoads Arcade game. Contra Hardcore Uprising is a solid game too. Overall I have come to enjoy the Xbox line alot more then the PS lately mainly how they handle BC. It's nice that I can still play my 360 games on my Series X.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@NeonPizza That's the problem I have with Playstation right now, nothing that they are doing excites me as a gamer. I am not big on the whole VR so I can care less about PSVR2 and alot of the games just don't feel like games to me. They feel more like interactive movies. The only game that has me somewhat excited is Spider-man 2 but once I am rocking my gaming PC I will check it out then there's just no need for me to have a PS5.

I mean if PS5 was BC with all Playstation systems and I mean actually BC then I could ditch my PS3 and PS2 and I would be more inclined to get a PS5.

My Backlog

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza I want a game not a movie. That's why Shredder's Revenge is a good game while God of War is not (sarcasm).

dysgraphia awareness human

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yep I totally agree with you. After working 8 hours a day I just don't have time for a 300+ hour JRPG I honestly don't see how some people do unless they don't sleep. As for Sony's games and other walking simulators, I get as much enjoyment out of them as I do a movie which, is far less time consuming. Yeah I can pay Uncharted for 13+ hours or I can watch the Uncharted movie in 2 hours and get the same satisfaction and the same story. I don't understand people who rather spend 13 mind numbing hours with a game when they can get the same thing from a two hour movie, I guess they just don't value time.

I am was the same way with my PS4 and digital purchases. I have so many games on it that I will probably never get to that I see on sale and like you I think hey that sounds interesting. Stuff like the new Tomb Raider Triliogy, Assassins Creed games and so many more. A few of them I did start but after a few hours I was done with them definitely don't have the staying power that older games have. That where games that I can pick up an play are great for me especially with my schedule.

As far as VR goes I am not against it but I am not exactly running out to get one. My son want an Oculus, which I might get for him for Christmas and more then likely try it out and form an honest opinion then of VR.

My Backlog

MrHonest

Gonna say. Microsoft has done a really poor job with their first parties studios so far. My Series S is just a doorstop now.

The games get delayed or goes MIA.

Edited on by MrHonest

MrHonest

WoomyNNYes

My brother's Xbox One wouldn't turn on. His local console repair place diagnosed it, and replaced a capacitor in the brick of the power cord.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ryu_Niiyama

I know everyone hates the new Saints row but I am loving it. It is much funnier (to me) than the previous games as the Saints are more relatable. Bunch of talented, broke, college grads (with shady pasts) trying to make it in the real world and pay rent and student loans. Also a lot less sex and bodily fluid jokes for which I am grateful. Minus the crime this was me over a decade ago (still paying the student loans). Game looks gorgeous and gameplay is familiar without the over the top aspects of 4. Love the character editor although the default Mogul boss (the one on the cover) looked so cool that I only made a few changes. While I too wish Kev would put on a shirt I love the crew. They are flawed and amusing but most of them also have interesting backstories.

The whole LARP section was hilarious especially since I was playing with the British voice and she sounds like she is having too much fun. Although I am pretty sure LARP or not, we killed a bunch of people.

Edit: Just beat the main mission and yep this is my favorite saints row. The new crew just sells it for me.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

It's been a while since I've been a Microsoft user, but target had a black Friday deal of the series S holiday bundle for 249.99 and you get a $50 gift card so we decided to get one. Since it's digital only, you can still get Xbox one games digitally correct? Is there any other advice you can give to a series X/S newb?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Kermit1Pineapple that's good to know thanks. It'll mostly be for the family, but I'll grab some od the triple A titles I don't get on switch.

NintendoByNature

jowy_sw

I almost bought a Series S this black friday sale but the act that I'm buying a game console without support for physical media holds me back. Specially seeing the drive of some publishers to increase game prices for some reason. Have to admit tho, that console price is REALLY good.

Maybe I'd buy a Series X early next year if I find one for a good price tho. I want to experience the next gen consoles in some way and PS5 are still kinda hard to find where I live (specially without s*** games attatched to inflate the price). At the very least it would allow me to play current gen and late last gen games that I missed since I only play games on Switch at the moment.

Although as an interested outsider to the whole Xbox thing... It's just me or they produced NOTHING internally? Maybe that's just because I'm a Nintendo guy but it seems so barren. Hoping they start getting more first and second party games over there because I don't want my first Xbox console to only be for 3rd party games.

jowy_sw

Ryu_Niiyama

@jowe_gw MS is more of a 3rd party/acquisitions shop. Now if they leverage that in a few years they will have a bunch of exclusives due to simply not porting anywhere else but xbox’s real punch is the backwards compatibility and game pass. Also depending on the person, the controller. They do have exclusives like halo, gears and forza if you like shooters and car racing. But you aren’t going to find a lot exclusives as that isn’t where their money is made.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic