Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,681 to 11,700 of 11,914

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp I said I wouldn’t buy a new system until I could walk in a store and get one and the series x was in stock at my local Best Buy. I can play my old xbox one games now! Not sure when I will actually be able to play but I am excited.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BruceCM

Lol & I'm sure there must be some games you'd like that'd at least be better on that as well, @Ryu_Niiyama .... & maybe upcoming exclusives?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

@BruceCM No, actually. I literally bought it because it was available, the disc drive on my one has been busted for years (after the warranty ran out of course), I have a ton of unopened games and nothing aside from the latest KOF game (that I didn’t realize was series x only until I bought it) currently interests me. I haven’t bought a xbox one game in nearly six months aside from cyberpunk and that was because it was 5 dollars.

In general I am not the xbox audience (and the only bethesda series I care about is TES) and never have been, but I prefer the controller to sony’s. And many games just don’t go to Nintendo. Just waiting on some 3rd party games I can’t get on switch that I am interested in (so likely next year). I will say with some of my favorite franchises going multiplat (yakuza for one) I am even less interested in sony.

It hasn’t been an interesting few years for me on either front. I didn’t get over my buyer’s remorse for the one until gamepass came out (which I then turned my xbox into a Yakuza machine and indie rental). Sony has more exclusives I care about and more Japanese content I enjoy (nobunaga’s ambition for instance) but I hate their ps1-ps4 controllers. Luckily the switch keeps me occupied. I have no free time any way. I’m still moving so I haven’t gotten my old tv out of storage and I am still trying to decide on a new tv for BF.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

BruceCM

Well, good to have it now, anyway, @Ryu_Niiyama .... Hopefully, you'll get a bit more time after moving?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ryu_Niiyama

@BruceCM Dude, I wanna sleep so badly. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in three months. Everything that could go wrong with this move… has. I don’t wanna be an adult right now. Running on 3 hours of sleep right now. Hoping I can game a little on Saturday mornings after my stuff is in place.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

BruceCM

That does sound tough, @Ryu_Niiyama .... Fingers crossed it's over soon!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Yakuza jumped ship. Persona jumped ship. They shuttered Japan Studio and everything cool that went along with that (Gravity Rush, Fumito Ueda games, etc.). All the weird little Japanese games that used to exclusively go to Playstation consoles are on Switch now.

I won't say I'll never buy a Playstation console again, but if I do, it sure as heck won't be for the exclusive Japanese games. I guess they're really banking on the universal appeal of their cinematic action games to drive sales going forward.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah yeah I am in the wait and see camp right now. I have a base ps4 so I had planned on getting a PS5 to function as a PS4 Pro. But yeah with so many games straddling the gens and or going to PC (or switch) it will be another year or two before I get one of those.

The problem with Sony’s exclusives is you can get them in a few places. I can sit on my Ps4 and play the newest games for now and when that rolls off, PC. It fees like it is opposite to Nintendo’s approach which keeps me in the ecosystem and then once I am invested I am more likely to buy other games there. Sony is back to being my exclusive only box.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Tasuki

@Ryu_Niiyama I am in the same boat right now with Sony. I have a PS4 and quite honestly their exclusives just don't excited me too much. While they aren't bad games mind you but especially last Gen their games tend to feel more like interactive movies then games. While I get it, Sony is more of a "movie company" and I known that cinematic gaming experiences like The Last of Us, Uncharted etc are quite popular game genre they are just not for me. If I want a cinematic experience I will watch a movie instead, if I want a gaming experience I play a video game. That why I am so happy with my Series X purchase and once I get my PC, I will get the Sony exclusives that way.

Plus I don't like Sony's controllers either.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

I have realized Kinect Adventures XBOX 360 just only have 5 different activities.
I'm not surprised when that game sold with very cheap price as the game have minimalist contents as Wii Play but in HD 720p.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah I think Jim Ryan's goal with Playstation is to create the next Fortnite. We know Sony says there's 12 live service games by 2025, MLB The Show 22 is one of them (for some reason GT7 isn't counted) and MLB The Show is annual so that leaves 9 live service games that aren't MLB The Show. Meanwhile outside live service we have a bunch of games that would've been greenlighted prior to Jim Ryan taking over and a load of PC ports.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano I feel like live service as a concept can only really work if you hone in on one (maybe two or even three) titles and, unless they're all incredibly unique from one another, saying you'll have TWELVE games that follow the same monocre within the span of at most 3 years? I feel as though they're simply not going to have the breathing room necessary in order to last longer than a year or two each.

Then again, I'm not the multi-billion dollar company so what do I know eh?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ralizah

I don't mind the live service-lite approach adopted in series like Splatoon, Animal Crossing, and Monster Hunter, but detest the idea of a game that endlessly reaches its hand into your pocket via seasonal passes and the like.

@Grumblevolcano Is MLB actually counted as one of the live service games Sony is developing? They've been releasing MLB games for generations now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano
And look at how well those two turned out.
Untitled
Sad Chocobo hours

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel Yeah should be a good time all around, I have a stack of unopened games to dig through...eventually.

@Tasuki I think the issue with a cinematic game is that their strength is their narrow focus but it is also a weakness as it causes division and since gamers are so fickle AND loud about it... but even with the average person that can cause a disengagement of brand engagement. Only a few of sony's exclusives resonate with me, (and they are now available elsewhere) but that means with less "gameplay first" games that are solely on the system the PS5 is invisible to me. Even more so that we live in the land of timed exclusives so what might have been a solid Sony library ...just wait it out and you can play where you want. When MS is getting more JRPGs we know that a distinctive library is less of a thing now. I've been grumbling for years about devs putting a lot of their eggs in the twin baskets and that means that game libraries become more and more similar leaving a few exclusives and brand loyalty to pick up the slack. I do believe in more games for everyone and everywhere but I miss to an extent when you could expect certain games on a non nintendo platform and with buyouts, mergers, and devs going under...this is likely going to be my last 3 system gen. I'm likely going back to Nintendo and PC after the ps5/series x are done. Especially now that I don't have to sacrifice a goat to get a GPU.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ninfan

I have an original xbox, but I can not seem to play the games on it. I can not even find an option to load or play the game. Is there a certain way to do this ?

Ninfan

Ninfan

@NeonPizza iv been playing xbox series s. titanfall 2, even though the server is a bit slow to get a group together Not sure if you like them but the new battletoads game is brilliant 1 or 2 difficult parts, bit of COD. you better save up and get the extra storage as I filled up 500GB in a week. I have rare replay. As I'm a big rare fan thats the only reason I bought it. Has not got all the rare games though like battletoads gameboy, Valiant Hearts: The Great War is really good but might take a few minutes to figure out howvto do some of the things in it. I will say there's a better selection than switch

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

I repost again my question about XBOX machines here since I need some answer.

I still thinking about finding another XBOX 360 machine after I have experienced with disc not detected on my RGH XBOX 360 even using original disc. It was one - two games (DDR UNIVERSE 3 and Kinect Joy Ride) and it made me frustrated as I thought the RGH can bypass all locked region but some games cannot be detected.
My RGH XBOX 360 was already installed with a few pirated XBOX 360 games onto HDD just for testing but I didn't touch the games since then as i felt it killing my purpose to collect original games. So in my mind, I have to find original XBOX 360 USA machine in order to play with my XBOX 360 games especially the locked region USA version. The feeling to stop thinking about XBOX 360 was really hard as I still have some bond feeling with my XBOX 360 games purchase after I spent a lot of money to get the most wanted games DDR UNIVERSE series and the Kinect games.

At the same time, I have some XBOX Classic games but I didn't have the machine yet.
To consider XBOX Classic machine in this year and heard about the issues from XBOX machines compared with PS2 machines, it made me quite nervous, afraid if I buy a short lived XBOX Classic machine due to aging.
I have obtained some of hard to find XBOX games and I really want to give a chance to play my original XBOX games even by using a Modchiped XBOX Classic just for bypassing the locked region as long I can play with original disc regardless of their region.

Thinking everything about XBOX machines was really made me frustrated.
Please help me to get some solutions.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic