Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,721 to 11,740 of 11,903

NintendoByNature

Another stupid question: can I buy a digital xbox one code to redeem on the S?

@Kermit1Pineapple I'll consider it, although I do like buying my games outright for the most part.

NintendoByNature

Okami1

@NintendoByNature Gamepass is a great way to test games before you play

for your question: idk, I think so, I need to triple check.

dysgraphia awareness human

jowy_sw

@Ryu_Niiyama I thought that but still... Despite being more of a Nintendo guy, I've seen multiple Xbox presentations to see what they are doing and they keep repeating "world exclusive" and such so I guess they want to change that a bit.

Although, even if they want to change, you're right that right now they are focused on 3rd party and gamepass. And gamepass right now is a great deal to be fair. If I buy an Xbox console it would be with that in mind. More exclusives would be nice tho.

The backwards compatibility thing is another thing that would be interesting to experience. Can you just put disks of the og Xbox or the 360 on your Xbox Series X? Are all the backwards compatible games avaliable on their digital stores?

Edited on by jowy_sw

jowy_sw

Tasuki

@jowe_gw Only certain Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games are backwards compatible, I am sure that there is a list somewhere online because there are alot of them. Most games that are Backwards Compatible are available on the MS Store digitally unless for some reason due to some agreement. For example, Forza Horizon 2 is no longer available on the MS Store digitally due to end of life, but I was able to find a copy of the game on disc at a flea market and pop it into my Series X and it ran fine.

Keep in mind also MS is done making Original Xbox games and 360 games backwards compatible now so if there is one in particular that's not on the list chances are it won't be backwards compatible.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryu_Niiyama

@jowe_gw what @Tasuki said. Not every BC game got a digital release either so just check the list and go from there.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jowy_sw

@Tasuki Oh, ok. I thought the list was games avaliable to be bought in the MS Store but I guess it's compatible games period. Good to know. Are they still adding games to it?

jowy_sw

jowy_sw

@Tasuki oh. I missed that for some reason. Thanks anyway tho. I'll check out what games are in.

jowy_sw

kkslider5552000

Well this is the only Xbox thing that matters until (insert Starfield release date here). I've never felt more mixed on business dealings in my life. Because this deal not going through is ultimately for the best for gaming as a whole but for the worst for Activision Blizzard employees.

Speaking of which, this came out today, because Activision Blizzard in late 2022 is still Activision Blizzard:

I had enough reason to boycott this company nearly 4 years ago, and they've not stopped once since then.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryu_Niiyama

What does disturbing revisions to the game’s script mean? Especially for a Diablo game which isn’t a happy series anyway?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pizzamorg

I am pretty sure if I understand it correctly, that thing by the FTC doesn’t actually do anything in any material sense and they haven’t made the right kind of challenge or whatever to actually physically block the deal going through, it is more of like a performative motion? It is all very convoluted.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

WoomyNNYes

So, is High on Life exclusive to Series X/S?

I'm asking because my brother has Xbox One. Has there been any mention of the game coming to Xbox One?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

PS5_LOVER21

Km thinking of saving up for a series x cause I wanna play halo infinite and I heard it runs 3rd party games better

PS5_LOVER21

Tendo64

Spent the past couple of days playing and finishing Halo CE: Anniversary on Series X. First time playing through the remake.

Hadn't played through the game's campaign in near on 20 years, but I was reminded of how great it was - what a fantastic time for gaming the early 2000s was. Campaign, multiplayer, the game along with Halo 2 provided countless hours of entertainment.

Halo was the reason I got an Xbox way back when, and playing the remake was one heck of a nostalgia trip.

I honestly miss that era of gaming.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

DannyBoi

Got a series s and I can't understand how the cloud saves work or how to access them.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Okami1

Forza Motorsport will be on Xbox One but with a catch, a cloudy one... Fun fact: an Xbox One's power is similar to that of a PC from 2009-10ish...

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

Banjo-

@DannyBoi On Xbox save files are totally automatic and free. They are uploaded, downloaded and updated and all that you have to do is connect to the internet.

@NintendoByNature It's on my list on Game Pass so I will!

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic