Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,561 to 10,580 of 11,903

gcunit

To be fair, this thread has gone kinda.... expansive. I clicked on it to catch up on the Xbox chat, turns out I was 47 pages behind and was wading through text wall after text wall.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@Octane I just placed @NEStalgia on my ignore list... it took me right back to the page I was on, 47 pages back.

Edited on by gcunit

Banjo-

Series X loads the 360 emulator in zero seconds (EDIT: the Fable Anniversary loading screen lasts less than one second on Series X and...) it takes you to the 360 animation immediately:

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

gcunit

BlueOcean wrote:

Series X loads the 360 emulator in three seconds, it takes you to the 360 animation in three seconds:

FTFY
#alternativefacts

Edited on by gcunit

Banjo-

@gcunit I just watched the video, I didn't read the text, ha. The actual "Fable anniversary" loading screen lasts less than a second on Series X and 7 seconds on Xbox One, though.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Is that what you'd do once you'd set up your Series S or X .... ? I think I'd like to 'test' out something like Cyberpunk 2077! But nice to see how quick those are

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

@BruceCM First thing I'll do is test current-gen games that struggle on the most powerful console today (Xbox One X). A good candidate is Monster Hunter World.

Banjo-

gcunit

Is there cloud saving for back compat games - if I've been playing a BC game on my XBone, would the save be accessible on a Series X?

Edited on by gcunit

Banjo-

@gcunit Yes! You can play Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games on any Xbox console using the same save files as long as you're online so the console is able to upload and download the files (and it's free, you don't need any subscription).

Banjo-

gcunit

@BlueOcean That's cool, thanks. And it's still quicker to initiate 360 mode than the Wii U is to get to vWii, so I'll give it some credit 😁

BruceCM

That sounds like fun, @BlueOcean .... It'd be a better test, overall, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM Well, there's nothing wrong with that little test he did and posted on Twitter. It's interesting to see 7 seconds reduced to 0 even if it won't change your life.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah, it's promising, @BlueOcean .... I imagine he'll be putting up more such videos, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM I mean, not everything is supposed to please you! 😝

Banjo-

BruceCM

I just found it funny that he'd be doing that on it, instead of 'testing' next gen games .... It's still good to see, as I did say

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Ah, I thought there'd be more, @BlueOcean .... Bits I've seen of such tests all seem very good, though! Encouraging news for the console peasants

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

HDR-enabled backwards compatibility video. I watched it on my LG C9 and the effect is much better than I expected, it makes me want to check all my favourite games again.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic