Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,541 to 10,560 of 11,914

BruceCM

Untitled
Who else is going to be playing this .... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

I'm gonna wait for the next gen patch, hopefully early 2021.

Octane

BruceCM

When's your Series S due, @Magonigal .... ? On it's release day, hopefully?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

I think I'm gonna wait and see what the current gen versions are like before I decide when to buy it.

Given that I've got a Series S preordered, it's the Xbox version I'll be getting. But the Xbox One is also the version that's most likely to suck in its current gen form. So it really depends what limitations that has, and whether playing it on the new console offers any improvements.

If they were smart about it, they'd just offer an uncapped framerate option from day 1. Even if it was pointless on the Xbox One, the backwards compatibility on the new consoles would mean we could probably get up to 60fps from day 1. I care more about 60fps than I do about ray tracing.

I bet they don't though. I bet they make us wait so they can do a grand reveal of the next-gen patch like 3 months later.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magonigal

@BruceCM
On release day & should be ok because I got it direct from the Microsoft Store

Magonigal

Banjo-

@Dezzy In Crash Bandicoot 4, frame rate is unlocked on Xbox One and PS4. It seems that the priority is the next generation already. Series S will run the Xbox One version at 60fps and PS5 will run the PS4 version at 60fps.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

porto

I’m honestly debating getting an Xbox One X just to play Crash (and a couple others too.) What does everyone think?

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

BruceCM

I wouldn't get any console just for a few games, @Apportal .... Is there some reason you're going for a 1X now, instead of the Series S or X, though?

SW-4357-9287-0699

porto

@BlueOcean @BruceCM I’m mainly getting the console just to try an Xbox. I’m planning to expand my library later on. I’ve never had an Xbox console and I wanted to try out the cheapest yet effective one.

I’m still undecided on the matter but I’ll give it some thought. Thanks for that article BlueOcean, if I do end up getting one it’ll probably be the Series S.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Banjo-

@Apportal No problem! Then I recommend you the Series S if you don't really need the native 4K resolution (Series S upscales to 4K). I was Nintendo-only until this generation when I got an Xbox for Rare Replay and now I have lots of games that I love. The best thing is that thanks to the backwards compatibility, you'll be able to play older and new games on Series X/S.

Banjo-

BruceCM

OK, then .... Maybe have a look into the upcoming games for it, while you're thinking, @Apportal ?

SW-4357-9287-0699

TheFrenchiestFry

Final Fantasy XIII

Now I can play disappointment and frustration in 4K

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Dezzy

Ah this is what I wanted to hear. Xbox are going to have another event of some kind to announce more of the stuff that will be made available or optimized for launch:
https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/10/more_details_on_xbox_se...

BlueOcean wrote:

@Dezzy In Crash Bandicoot 4, frame rate is unlocked on Xbox One and PS4. It seems that the priority is the next generation already. Series S will run the Xbox One version at 60fps and PS5 will run the PS4 version at 60fps.

Great, I'm glad some of them are taking the initiative. It just makes good sense.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Octane I'm thinking old @thanosrexxx caught the last double dutch bus to McRibsville.

Dibs on his Dreamcast collection!

Srsly though I've noticed his absence and he hasn't posted on the farewell thread so it wasn't a planned absense. Probably the new nasty office hours killed gaming for him, he'd mentioned something about chatting less.

NEStalgia

DarkRula

Probably saving his energy for writing text walls for his job rather than here. He just knows he wouldn't be able to resist should he return.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic