Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,261 to 10,280 of 11,903

GilbertXI

@redd214 I know I was agreeing with you. I can't find any preorders anywhere for any console, so I just gave up. I'm gonna wait until ps5's are available for more than a day to buy one. I'm in no rush really, I'm fine with my switch.

GilbertXI

Octane

Here's some food for thought.

Microsoft didn't buy Bethesda, Todd found a way to sell Skyrim again, this time for $7.5 billion.

Octane

Artonide

Got permission from the wifey to Get a second console now, so im gonna go for Xbox series x. Very excited 😃

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

DarkRula

@Octane The most expensive version of Skyrim yet, and it's so exclusive no-one will be able to play it except for Phil Spencer. Unless they steal the watch it's installed on.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Banjo-

@DennisNOR Welcome!

@GilbertXI I find it fascinating how the Xbox brand has recovered after Don Mattrick's crimes. Poor Phil, he has worked so hard. No wonder he looked tired.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@redd214 "Anyone got a favorite Amazon dog yet?!"
LOL that cracked me up! It's painful and it 's true!

I think the MS preorders went better than Sony's all things tolled. MS store still had some available at least a half hour or more in. So did Target, shockingly. Best Buy hadn't even opened sales yet at that time and had their whole allotment to go still. Contrast with PS5 where every store sold out in 8 minutes or less, one at a time, without forewarning....it's still better. I wouldn't call it good. Just better. Unless you were trying to do XAA....that was a disaster from all angles. The boast holds I just don't want to have to go through that again.....at least it's 7 years away at best. Oh wait...Nintendo...

@Octane LOL, did they have to pay in cheese?

NEStalgia

GilbertXI

@BlueOcean I think he's doing a pretty good job. Definetely not as good or memorable as someone like Reggie or Satoru, but he's been doing very good. He does seem to change his mind a lot, making him unpredictable. That can be a good or bad thing.

GilbertXI

Banjo-

@GilbertXI The biggest change I've noticed is that they backpedalled concerning the cross-gen policies. The only AAA game that will be released on Xbox One is Halo Infinite but I think that this is for the better because it's easier for developers to make great games if they focus on the next generation. Funny that Sony is doing the opposite thing now...

Banjo-

redd214

@NEStalgia I'll be here all week lol!!

Hope everyone got one that wanted one at launch, if you missed out there will be stock on release day, dress warm and show up early I'd say! Going to be an exciting winter for sure

EDIT: For US peeps Sam's Club is still showing both for preorder, dont need to be a member!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TheFrenchiestFry

@DarthNocturnal So is PS5 lol

Been scouting Best Buy and EB Games in case it goes back in stock

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

GilbertXI

@BlueOcean I actually thought the strategy Sony did was pretty good, if they said it in June, you know, not right before preorders. They had 5 exclusives at launch if you count Astros playroom, and 3 of them are ps5 exclusive, again counting Astro. I think people are blowing the exclusive on previous console argument out of the water, for both Xbox and PlayStation. If Sony communicated this during the presentation at least for crying out loud, I think it would have been great.

The price is the problem. There is such thing as inflation, and I get it, it needs to go up at some point. But not now. Inflating prices at the start of the generation is not how any of this works. Let alone from multi+billion dollar companies like EA, Sony and 2K. Microsoft is so unbelievably rich, they could probably sell games for $2 and it wouldn't affect them. That could ultimately hurt competition, but Microsoft is NOT doing that, so the industry wont explode. There are still millions of people(including me) who fastly prefer physical to digital, Gamepass does not represent the entire industry, Sony is panicking way too much. They had something good going on, I don't like the term "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but this might actually apply to this situation.

This is not even mentioning Nintendo, they only just raised their prices to the amount people expect, and they're richer than Sony. Ultimately, I think the PS5 will sell well, but I think the margins will be close between who is the winner. If anyone, it would probably be Nintendo and whatever the next switch will be that will sell the most

Apologies for the long text, I tend to ramble.

GilbertXI

Banjo-

@GilbertXI It's fine and I agree about the majority of it. True, PS5 has three launch exclusives, Astro's Playroom showcase, a PS3 remake and the PS4 spin-off that is, indeed, a PS4 spin-off. Prices are higher on PS5, PS4 controllers don't work on PS5, they charge for remasters... They said in May, "We believe in generations" and suggested that Series X will be held back by Xbox One and now Spider-Man Miles Morales and Horizon 2 are PS4 games. It's not bad making cross-gen games, that was Microsoft's idea although now it looks like they are more focused on next-gen hardware, but Sony is messing PS5 launch up with lies and anti-consumer policies. Yes, pre-orders sold out and Sony fans' arms are open but you know what I mean and, because Microsoft is doing so well now and Nintendo has found success in their hybrid console, next generation will be much more balanced than this.

Banjo-

judaspete

Anyone getting Forza Horizon 3 before it gets taken off the digital stores? I got it on PC, mostly for the Hot Wheels DLC. Runs like a Switch port on my old rig, but still a fantastic game.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Banjo-

@judaspete I got the Ultimate Edition when it launched and I'm sad that it's not getting upgrades on Series X. Great game, I love it as much as 4.

Banjo-

GilbertXI

@BlueOcean Yeah that's what I meant, if they didn't lie and take advantage of people, they actually had something good going.

GilbertXI

NEStalgia

@GilbertXI Yeah. Their launch lineup is better than last time, though only ok. Ms has nothing new at all, but ms is full of promise as Sony is. But the optics couldn't be more different. They have way
Weaketr hardware at higher cost and spent way way too much money on the ssd alone like an obsession. Ms has been very clear for years in the commitment to preserving your game purchases, letting the hardware upgrade them, and really following how pc works for value.

Sony otoh comes across as trying to put that genie back in the bottle and reverting to ps1 thinking where consoles are consoles and purchases are locked in the vault with the hardware the cartridge is attached to.
Ms is selling value per dollar, and sonys trying to sell luxury status items.

Prices don't need to do up and entertainment isn't inflation adjusted. Prices should rightfully go down as disposable income goes down, not tied to gross income. The*do*understand this, otherwise they wouldn't be eating 100 on a discless version to hit 399 and battoning down the hatches in the face of 299 series s. But they're ignoring or to appease publishers.

And on top of that, they're flying in the face of industry tradition in pc and what ms is doing, charging for game upgrades, and in an industry first, daring to actually resell a2 year old game as a "remaster".

They couldn't get worse optics short of actually hiring Matrick himself. It's really a botched launch. They're feeling high on preorders, but preorders are there faithful and even wiiu had a blowout launch. Let's see how they feel in April. They're not going to flame out like x1, but they're going to have to change to war footing sooner than later and that's good for us.

NEStalgia

GilbertXI

@NEStalgia Yeah that's basically my thinking. Whatever, got my popcorn. Ready for both sides to attack each other as nintendo just casually minds it's own business.

GilbertXI

GilbertXI

I want to see what Sony will do, they will do something in retaliation to all this stuff. It's actually giving me anxiety waiting for something to break. I'm skeptical of drawing conclusions so far. Best case scenario is they quietly keep the prices at $60 after this initial batch of games. Can't say the same for third party games though.

GilbertXI

NEStalgia

@GilbertXI What I'm waiting for is ms. They're on a roll taking back market they lost with all the right things. Publishers.. Activision, 2k etc have wanted to raise prices for ages. Sony went along and saw dollar signs of their own. Ms is tripling down on digital and services. If ms as much as tweets "59.99 ms game studios games"that's it. The 70 dollar pipe dream ends there. Everyone will have to come down or look rediculous. Especially Sony. Who, yes, will quietly drop the price, change their mind, and still be right.

But I'm also waiting for Sony. Your right about retaliation... And that's their broken mindset. Not about what they messed up or what ms did right... Or how to set it right. They're going to try retaliating instead end end up looking worse. That's a stupid game. Ms could spend then under the floor and not even notice the rounding error. They seem to want self inflicted wounds.

I do thing Sony's eventual reaction will yield an amazing ps5. But i think we have to wait a few years for the corporate molasses to work through the gears to realize what's going wrong and the need to fix it. They need a few ugly quarters until it sinks in to a action item level i think.

By then ms will be ticking us off. I pre-ordered both. I'm set whichever way the winds blow.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic