Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,161 to 5,180 of 16,083

AlexSays

@CanisWolfred He's replying to my other post about developers totally switching genres and releasing a highly rated game.

Forgot about Retro. They made some of the best platformers after being a FPS/FPA dev for quite a while.

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

@AlexSays Oh. Well, to be fair, Retro had a template of sorts to follow. DKC Returns is pretty true to form for the series, after all. Guerilla's basically...going DKCR to Metroid Prime in terms of the complexity involved.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

I am pleased to announce that The Game Collection has dispatched my copy of Horizon Zero Dawn.

This is my first weekend off in ages, and I thoroughly hope it arrives tomorrow.

In other news, the free DLC for Gravity Rush 2 - whereby you play as Raven - is due out on the 21st of March. It is expected to be between five to eight hours long, depending on whether you feel compelled to go for (the) gold in the new challenges and finding another batch of collectibles.

Untitled

Then, one week later, we shall return to Dark Souls III for its final DLC in The Ringed City.

Untitled

Then, three days later, the fourth episode of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier will be available.

Untitled

What a great line-up to look forward to!

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

In the past week alone, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and Uncharted 4 all received new updates.

I decided to look at my system memory management thingummy, and I could not believe that my 1TB hard drive is nearly 80% full!

The vast majority of my games are disc-based whereas the digital downloads are just that, digital downloads.

DOOM, much to my surprise, is almost 80GB, Uncharted 4 is within reaching distance of 60GB whereas Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront and Titanfall 2 hover around 50GB; these five games alone make up a ⅓ of the entire hard drive capacity!

Asides from Star Wars Battlefront, given that it is a multiplayer game at heart, I don't use let alone play the multiplayer in Battlefield 1, DOOM, Titanfall 2 and Uncharted 4; surely the time has come to allow us to choose the campaign/story whilst declining (to download) the multiplayer side of things.

It is easy to say 'just delete the game' or 'buy another hard drive', which I don't want to do. To delete the game means you have to download and install the whole thing all over again (if you wish to return back to it one day).

First world problems, yes... but it's annoying all the same.

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

@Peek-a-boo Dude, I had to clean out my PS4 yesterday, and I know I'm not gonna play most of those games unless they're readily available. This is so stupid. It's the same problem I had with the Vita - I don't want to get more games for it, because I don't have the space to play 'em. Except on the Vita, it's because of all the downloadable games. For the PS4, even the disc games are a problem. Everything I play has to be some kind of arceusdamn commitment...that's not what gaming is about. Not in my opinion. It's supposed to be spontaneous, pick up 'n' play...but now they're not selling games anymore, they're selling worlds, and there's only so much you can fit in one area before you get a Black Hole...

Edited on by Joeynator3000

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

I've filled about 300GB of my TB HDD in my PS4. Maybe I need an external HDD, but I doubt it. I don't own Battlefield, Battlefront or COD, those seems to have the biggest file sizes. I do plan on getting Titanfall at some point, but there's plenty of room left, so I don't foresee any issues in the near future.

Octane

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Just delete installs for games you're done playing. Even the 500 GB is more than enough if you don't hoard all your games on the hard drive.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

AlexSays

Doesn't PS4 support external HDDs now? Just buy one of those puppies and you're set.

I'm extremely nit picky with what games I keep downloaded so my 2 TB internal drive is enough for me.

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

Damn, sometimes I feel like the only one who just wants to pop in a game and just have fun. How can you guys just say "uninstall it, it's that easy" when it means you have to reinstall it in order to play it again? Doesn't that bother you at all? You can't play it when you want to, you gotta plan in advance like you're roasting a f***ing turkey?!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred You don't need to wait for the install for most games (if you're buying physical). I mean, there are some games that you'd want to play again, but others? Maybe in another 5 years, but not right away.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@CanisWolfred You don't need to wait for the install for most games (if you're buying physical). I mean, there are some games that you'd want to play again, but others? Maybe in another 5 years, but not right away.

What if you don't finish 'em right away? I mean, I could never expect myself to focus on an open world game until it's finished. I gotta play that $#!+ in installments, otherwise they get stale.

And again, I need a list of games that don't make you wait for an install, because none of the games I've played fit into that category (except for a few that say so on the back of the box, like Digimon and Minecraft).

EDIT: You know what, forget it. This conversation isn't worth having. You guys apparently play games differently than I do, and have different priorities as such. It still hurts me to think you guys can delete a game and move on without any concern, and are fully willing to tell others to do the same, and that it's totally not a problem.

...but it is. And hate you guys for it. Die in a fire you f***ing heathens.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred If I'm done with a game, and have no desire to replay it for a while, why would I keep the data on my hard drive?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

CanisWolfred wrote:

What if you don't finish 'em right away?

Change your gaming habits

Octane

TuVictus

Only games that are annoying to uninstall are the ones that have ages of updates to go through when reinstalling.

Which is why I will never ever uninstall Final Fantasy 14 or Destiny.

TuVictus

AlexSays

Lol I'm never like 'OMG I NEED TO PLAY AN 80 GB GAME RIGHT THIS SECOND'

If you're like that I can understand your problem. I'm thinking most of us are like 'you know what I may hit up Dark Souls tomorrow, let me download that tonight so its ready'

I don't understand why people complain about game sizes though. If you need your games to be small, I hear there is a great console called the SNES, no storage issues whatsoever.

What is the alternative? Games are not going to get smaller, and there are plenty of options to upgrade storage. Plus you can buy physical and they download in seconds. It's really a non-issue.

AlexSays

TuVictus

Installing isn't the problem. Like I said, it becomes an issue when you gotta download a whole bunch of updates afterward. Especially if your internet is slow and/or capped at a certain point.

Installing from discs solves that though. Just not the updates part.

TuVictus

AlexSays

The data cap I can understand being annoying for people who have limited data. How many of those people actually exist I have no idea, I can't say I know a single person in real life with a cap on their internet usage. Everyone here in Florida has Bright House (now Spectrum) which is unlimited.

The slow internet problem though.. just have updates install overnight. 2 tb hard drives are super cheap, so you can have at least 20 games on your system at all times. I don't know of anyone that is bouncing betwen 20 games regularly and needs access to all of them at once.

May not be able to empathize very well since I have 200 mbps with no cap, but the capped people are the only ones I think have legitimate complaints. Assuming they have no unlimited options.. if they're going with capped internet because its cheaper than they've kinda screwed themselves anyway.

AlexSays

Octane

AlexSays wrote:

The data cap I can understand being annoying for people who have limited data. How many of those people actually exist I have no idea, I can't say I know a single person in real life with a cap on their internet usage. Everyone here in Florida has Bright House (now Spectrum) which is unlimited.

That's really a US thing, isn't it? I had never heard of bandwidth caps until a couple of years ago.

Octane

TuVictus

AlexSays wrote:

The slow internet problem though.. just have updates install overnight. 2 tb hard drives are super cheap, so you can have at least 20 games on your system at all times. I don't know of anyone that is bouncing betwen 20 games regularly and needs access to all of them at once.

May not be able to empathize very well since I have 200 mbps with no cap, but the capped people are the only ones I think have legitimate complaints. Assuming they have no unlimited options.. if they're going with capped internet because its cheaper than they've kinda screwed themselves anyway.

Uh yeah, I live in Florida. Miami, to be exact. Never heard of Spectrum. Are you really blaming the consumers for having slow, capped internet? Geez Louise now that's a new low.

The caps are relatively recent. Within the last few years. But I can tell you I am not "screwing myself" over by not going for the unlimited data option. That's an extra $30 on top of the $80 it costs for UP TO 25 mbps.

yeah your comment comes off as very pompous, to be honest. Like because you have amazing internet and speeds then the issue is the fault of people who don't have access to the same service you do.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic