Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,141 to 5,160 of 16,083

CanisWolfred

^Yeah, I saw a story trailer and skimmed a few reviews, it might be worth playing, after all. I also know I have some personal interest in its "nature-meets-machine in a post-apocalyptic psuedo-fantasy" thing it's got going on, so there's that. My only probablem is, it's a big game, and I doubt there will be any shortage of it, so...I'll get it when I'm ready to dive into it, and no sooner. I'm really bad about squirrelling games away for longer than necessary.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

Oh yeah, I'm sure I'll play for a few hours and then get distracted and not go back for a while.

Especially with Zelda coming out 3 days after, and then Mass Effect 3 coming later in March. Pretty much only buy at launch to be a part of the hype and play day one, then I set games aside for like a year before going back (ie Dark Souls 3 where I've literally only beaten the first boss after 11 months...)

AlexSays

Ralizah

@AlexSays I used to do stuff like that. Now I only buy new games if I plan on playing them right away. Game hoarding is utterly pointless and a waste of money for me.

Yakuza 0, Nioh, RE7, etc. will all still be available when I finally have the time for them. And most likely at much lower prices, too.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I was kindly gifted a £30 PSN voucher for Christmas and decided to pre-order GNOG and Night in the Woods mere moments ago; they were both 10% off too.

You get a really cheerfully colourful theme with GNOG, and I just have a very good feeling about Night in the Woods, regardless of how long or short the adventure takes.

A little bit bummed out that GNOG is delayed to May though, but there's plenty to play at this minute.

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@AlexSays I used to do stuff like that. Now I only buy new games if I plan on playing them right away. Game hoarding is utterly pointless and a waste of money for me.

Yakuza 0, Nioh, RE7, etc. will all still be available when I finally have the time for them. And most likely at much lower prices, too.

Good advice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah That strategy works well for Xbox and Playstation but not Nintendo. During the Wii U era I learned the #1 rule for Nintendo stuff is expect potentially to never be able to get it if you don't preorder and buy at launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I've never had that experience with anything Nintendo related that wasn't a special edition or something.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Is it? Couldn't find any info on GNOG's release date. I know it has been delayed a couple of times, but it still says TBD on the PlayStation website.

Snake Pass is coming soon too, on March 28, so I shall try to make some time for that game as well. I wrote down a bunch of indie games I had to keep an eye out for, because it's sometimes hard to keep track of when they release when not a lot of sites are reporting on it.

Octane

AlexSays

My second favorite pastime is wasting money. Right now I'm getting rid of my physical games and rebuying them digitally for really no good reason. lol

First favorite pastime I can't mention here

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Peek-a-boo

@Octane On the (UK) PlayStation store, GNOG will be released on the 2nd of May.

Let's see your indies list!

Through Kickstarter, I have got Yooka-Laylee, Shenmue III (not much of an indie though) and Knights and Bikes to look forward to.

GNOG, Little Nightmares, Night in the Woods, Wattam (from the creator of Katamari!), What Remains of Edith Finch and Pyre (from those who did Bastion and Transistor).

There's some more I like, but they either don't have a release date or are too early in development to be shown.

@AlexSays There's absolutely nothing wrong with reading Charlie Brown and Snoopy books in public!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Yup, got all of those you mentioned. On top of that I have Snake Pass, Hob, Little Devil Inside (although this is a 2018 release currently), Vane, Prey for the Gods and RIME of course.

Snake Pass should be a fun little platformer (soundtrack by David Wise!), Hob, not sure, but I'm intrigued. Little Devil Inside is probably my most anticipated indie game right now, but it won't be out for a good while. Looks like a combination of Wind Waker and The Witcher, pretty neat. Vane reminds me of Journey, it's worth checking out. Prey for the Gods is basically a spiritual successor to SOTC with survival elements.

There's also Manifold Garden, not as eye-catching as The Witness, but I hope that turns out to be a good puzzle game.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Damn, a lot of those Indie games are weird when you think about it. Like, I knew what I was getting into with Night in the Woods (and therefore have prepared myself mentally), but otherwise, RIME is the only other one I even wanna touch, personally.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I have a feeling that you're going to love HZD for the Photo Mode alone! Sammy, over at PushSquare, made some lovely screenshots:

http://images.pushsquare.com/news/2017/02/soapbox_photo_mode_...

The character models look absolutely amazing by the way.

I still can't believe that all of this runs at a super smooth 30fps at 1080p on the base PS4. Even the draw distance is incredible, and pop-in was hardly noticeable.

Octane

AlexSays

Some reviews have said Horizon is the best looking game on the PS4. Quite a feat when put up against games like Uncharted 4 and The Witcher 3.

The more I read, the more hype I have for this game.

It's crazy these are the Killzone devs. I've never seen such a successful transformation as they've done here. What other dev has completely changed genres and released a new IP to such high acclaim?

If anything a lot of reviews make it seem like Killzone held them back. They were probably afforded a lot more freedom with an open world RPG opposed to a standard multiplayer FPS and the results are incredible.

This, Zelda, and Mass Effect (all 30+ hour games) are all coming out within a month of each other... it'll take me the rest of the year just to finish those three games (if I ever finish them).

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

AlexSays wrote:

This, Zelda, and Mass Effect (all 30+ hour games) are all coming out within a month of each other... it'll take me the rest of the year just to finish those three games (if I ever finish them).

This is what's getting me the most. I don't have the time to play all 3 at launch. I'm thinking I'll get Zelda at launch via Amazon, and save Mass Effect for the end of March. Horizon will give something to look forward to when I get some free time. With that said...I might have to save Nioh for April...

Started up Titanfall 2, btw. I didn't even realize that there was a new MP mode on its way tomorrow until I was browsing around, waiting for the patch to download...I guess I'll have to sit through another patch tomorrow, huh?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

Oh lord TitanFall 2 was amazing up until one particular fight. Dropped the game then and haven't gotten back.

I'll continue again someday soon because I want to finish the story, but wow did they make one part incredibly frustrating...

Edit: Omg I did it

Just loaded the game up and got past the part that drove me nuts. May be able to beat the game tomorrow. Now that I'm not angry at the game any more, TitanFall 2 has the most satisfying feel to shooting I've ever experienced. The weight and feedback is amazing, at least with the Xbox controller (haven't tried the PS4 version).

Edit2: The movement is incredible too. Its so seamless to glide around the map. Overall the best FPS game this gen for me.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

Yeah, Titanfall 2's pretty amazing, alright. I like a lot of the detail in the maps and visual design, too. Actually, it's got a lot of attention to detail all around. Too bad people apparently cared more about Call of Duty...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@AlexSays I'm not surprised that it looks better than TW3, but an open world game that look better than Uncharted 4? That's an incredible feat.

I think Retro Studios did an amazing job with the DK franchise after Metroid Prime. Returns is definitely top 5 material on the Wii, and Tropical Freeze is my all-time favourite game on the U.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic