Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,961 to 15,980 of 16,084

Jhena

@Anti-Matter
I hope you will get your PlayStation 5 soon. Rift Apart is one of those must have games for me.

@WaveBoy
Cool, thanks for the recommendations, especially Moss: Book 2 seems like I will a great time.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

jedgamesguy

Jhena wrote:

Got myself a great setup. PlayStation 5, Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition racing wheel plus pedal set, Playstation VR 2, Classsic Racing Simulator Cockpit Seat Nano RS 160 and Gran Turismo 7.
I thought to myself, why not try something new and interesting? Now I understand why people say VR is the future of gaming. The level of immersion is incredible. Just sitting in the car, looking at the interior is an experience. Together with the 3D sound it feels, like I am really there, awesome feeling. It feels great to race. This game will ignite my love for cars and racing.

Can not really say much about the PlayStation 5 though. I like the design and the controller feels good.

Sick setup! Mine isn't as luxurious, I've got a Logitech G29 wheel and pedals, a NLR foldable chair and a stick shift if I ever feel the desire to drive manual,, and it gets the job done admirably. The wheel isn't great for the F1 games but for Gran Turismo Sport and 7, the DiRT Rally and DiRT 4/5 games, etc, it's perfect.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Jhena

@TheJGG
Sounds also cool. Dirt Rally 2.0 is a game I enjoyed playing on the PlayStation 4, but often felt like the controller was not precise enough, to get far into the game. Maybe I will give 2.0 another chance now.

What is the problem with F1 games? Does it have to be one of those F1 looking wheels?

Jhena

jedgamesguy

@Jhena Totally agreed for DiRT Rally 2.0, it was really hard to play on controller but playing it on the wheel made it feel like a totally different game. Now you have a wheel the game in my opinion is much more enjoyable.

As for the F1 games, it's the wheel shape. Doing opposite lock on a GT wheel is very different from a single-seater wheel, you can spin a GT wheel round twice in each direction while in F1 it's only once. That means every input on the GT wheel is effectively doubled in the F1 game.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Jhena

@TheJGG
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks I did not think about something like that, but now I know. If I get really passionate about racing games I will think about getting an F1 wheel too. I watched a few F1 22 or 23 videos and thought the game looks like great fun.

Jhena

jedgamesguy

@Jhena I’ve had the F1 games for a few years, I’d recommend getting either 2020 or 23. 23 has more tracks and it’s the latest cars but 2020 is arguably the peak of the series, and the cars are the fastest. Either way, happy trails, hope you enjoy your new wheel!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Jhena

@TheJGG
Thank you very much. I hope you too have a great time racing.

Jhena

Magician

So the annual cost of basic PS+ is going from $60 to $80?

Ouch

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/08/30/playstation-plus-mont...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Buizel

Realising I really don't like the Dualsense all that much. The thing just feels so bulky and weighty in my hands...and while the adaptive triggers and advanced rumble were cool to start with, I personally could live without them. I still think the Dualshock 4 is the best controller Sony have ever made, and is by far the best fit for my hands.

Any suggestions for alternative controllers to the Dualsense for PS5? I realise that there don't seem to be many options. Anything that replicates the Dualshock 4, Xbox controller or Switch Pro Controller would be excellent.

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Dreamlight Valley PS5 version looks like have all contents inside the disc, unlike the Switch version with code in box.
But I still unsure if this legit everything in disc, not code in box. 🧐

Anti-Matter

Jhena

Beat Astro's Playroom today. This is not only a great demo, but also a great game. I fell in love with it. So much love for games and PlayStation. It made me realise, that I do care for PlayStation. It was also surprising how good the new controller is. The rumble is what I initially thought the HD rumble of the Switch would be like, feels great. Those (Astro Bots?) sound like Pikmin.

Since it was a shorter game I collected everything. Thankfully this was not the last adventure.

Jhena

XandertheWise

all day ive earlier i bought the Avengers game and Battlefield 4 Premium Edition from my Playstation 4's PSN store and now theyre intalling very slowly.

Reminds me of the time a few years back when downloading/installing some PSOne Classics and Just Cause 2 for my Playstation 3 where they took a whole day to install.

an hour ago the Avengers game while trying to install it glitched or something so i have to do the whole installing all over again for today.

so far Battlefield 4 is doing good and havent had any glitch/exiting out problem for it to install.

Thankfully i used a PSN card.

Dunno what the heck is up with the Avenger game anyway for it start having download/installing problems for all day today

XandertheWise

Zuljaras

This week I will be joining the PS5 family as my wife ordered me one for my birthday ... which is at the end of the month

I will play PS4 games on it for now as I want my first to be Spider-Man 2 ... however Demon's Souls is so tempting!!!

Zuljaras

Just received my PS5.

What I did!

1. Get the console from the box.
2. Connect it and turn it on.
3. Skip any internet connections on purpose, just to check.
4. Delete Astro playroom
5. Insert a PS4 disc of Elden Ring.
6. Wait a little to install.
7. Play!

This is ALL I want from a console!

One minus only, it is too big ("That's what she said!")

Magician

@Zuljaras Deleted Astro Playroom? Bad form, my friend. It's a great game.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@Zuljaras

?

It's the best pack-in game since Super Mario World.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/12/game_of_the_year_5_-_...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Fair enough.

Anywho, the demo / beta for The First Descendant went live yesterday. Oh how I do love the third person shlooter genre. So I'm looking forward to playing this today after work.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic